Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FigmentofFig

Makeshift Smell Control (how to use a finished filter )

71 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, FigmentofFig said:

lol I would love to get an oldtimer to chime in here and ask how they managed back before carbon filters were commonplace.  cook curry every few hours? Smoke ciggys, clean house with bleach, eat durian, live in a building with lots of curry eaters,  own a ferret, live in a mansion and grow in the back,back, back, back, back room lol Light incense?  not give too much fucks?

I had the chance to see a guys grow in a cupboard in the late 80's with no filter & it smelt like cats piss x 100,  as soon as you got out the lift it slapped you around the chops

but I think his saving grace was that no one knew what a grow smelt like in those days & it probably helped as it was probably seedbag genetics  lol

these days theres grows everywhere, when I go to work I have to drive through a council scheme & can pinpoint at least 4 or 5 house's that have a grow on & its honking :yep:

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Joint hogger said:

I had the chance to see a guys grow in a cupboard in the late 80's with no filter & it smelt like cats piss x 100,  as soon as you got out the lift it slapped you around the chops

but I think his saving grace was that no one knew what a grow smelt like in those days & it probably helped as it was probably seedbag genetics  lol

these days theres grows everywhere, when I go to work I have to drive through a council scheme & can pinpoint at least 4 or 5 house's that have a grow on & its honking :yep:

lol Nice one hahaha

I know a guy who grew in his closet in college probably late 70s early 80s. I don't think he used one either. gotta ask him about that next time i see him. 

I know there's more stories out there lol Keep them coming folks. I know what you mean about the strain too though. obviously, its a factor.

Thanks for saying that last bit mate. I don't know why a certain someone wanted to give me guff just for posting this, like I'm doing something wrong,  and without adding anything whatsoever to the thread. Like I'm trying to get people busted. Why he feels like he has to nanny every one is beyond me. .. maybe he thinks conversations about growing without filters should be banned. Who the fuck knows.

your taking a risk but its your risk to take.

4 hours ago, FigmentofFig said:

Thanks for saying that last bit mate. I don't know why a certain someone wanted to give me guff just for posting this, like I'm doing something wrong,  and without adding anything whatsoever to the thread. Like I'm trying to get people busted. Why he feels like he has to nanny every one is beyond me. .. maybe he thinks conversations about growing without filters should be banned. Who the fuck knows.

I couldn't give a fuck what you do, or if you get busted, crack on!

5 people like this

5 hours ago, FigmentofFig said:

I don't know why a certain someone wanted to give me guff just for posting this, like I'm doing something wrong,

If you're advising growing without a filter, or one that's not fit for purpose by using various sprays and such to mask the smell,

then you're most certainly not giving out the best advice, especially for novice growers, many of whom rely on the information on this site.

Nine times out of ten smell is what gets people noticed and ultimately busted or robbed. If you want to grow that way carry on but it's probably best to keep these ideas

to yourself and not get arsey when someone points out it's not the best thing to do.

:oldtoker:

10 people like this

Why not just take a shit in front of the vent? 

sorted :yep:

1 person likes this

When down on ideas try this

it's always a good idea to take a shit in your hand and smack yourself just in case some.newbies weren't sure how to be a complete fucking degenerate!

Your welcome

Always here to put my number 2 in 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, stu914 said:

If you're advising growing without a filter, or one that's not fit for purpose by using various sprays and such to mask the smell,

then you're most certainly not giving out the best advice, especially for novice growers, many of whom rely on the information on this site.

Nine times out of ten smell is what gets people noticed and ultimately busted or robbed. If you want to grow that way carry on but it's probably best to keep these ideas

to yourself and not get arsey when someone points out it's not the best thing to do.

:oldtoker:

I'm not gonna take shit from someone who doesn't know fuck all about what they're talking about, and who's only argument is "that's stupid". I didn't just make this all up, and if you want to judge me from across the globe through a computer screen then feel free... You're being overly sensitive. Is the site only for first time growers and people with no common sense? There's no one size fits all solutions to anything in life.  look at the grow houses joint hogger smells on his drive to work.  they probably had filters, which then stopped working after a while, and then they realized it wasn't cost efficient to replace them. Does that make them dumb? Not necessarily.

24 minutes ago, Henroid said:

When down on ideas try this

it's always a good idea to take a shit in your hand and smack yourself just in case some.newbies weren't sure how to be a complete fucking degenerate!

Your welcome

Always here to put my number 2 in 

I've got a mate who always says if he ever goes to jail he's gonna cover himself in poo. What that is gonna accomplish, i don't know lmao

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, FigmentofFig said:

look at the grow houses joint hogger smells on his drive to work.  they probably had filters, which then stopped working after a while, and then they realized it wasn't cost efficient to replace them. Does that make them dumb?

Resoundingly yes. Yes it does make them dumb.

They put the price of thier own freedom at less than what a filter costs. This is dumb. 

100 quid or go to jail. Yes, definitely dumb

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
11 people like this

Need a filter dude, not to say you can't build one (I did it and lasted me years without issue) but you definitely need one :yep: 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

They put the price of thier own freedom at less than what a filter costs. This is dumb. 

Only dumb if you get caught.

11 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

And spending all your profit on filters would also qualify as dumb lol

Just now, FigmentofFig said:

Only dumb if you get caught.

Not having an efficient filter certainly increases the odds of that happening...:wallbash:

1 minute ago, FigmentofFig said:

And spending all your profit on filters would also qualify as dumb

Coming on a personal weed growing site and banging on about 'profit' is even dumber...crack on bud just stop giving out crap advice that newbies might just take on board

7 people like this

8 minutes ago, botanics said:

Need a filter dude, not to say you can't build one (I did it and lasted me years without issue) but you definitely need one :yep: 

All I'm hearing is that what definitely worked for me, actually didn't work, and that I'm living in some sort of parallel universe. Well it did work and I've got no more to worry about than any one else.  it's whatever man,  I'm done with this thread