Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FigmentofFig

Makeshift Smell Control (how to use a finished filter )

71 posts in this topic

My carbon filter got used up like 3 weeks ago, and i didn't feel like changing it.  So i took some odor neutralizer,  it's called nilium, and mixed this with water in a spay bottle. I used to spray it around the room a bit when i had my parental unit over to visit,  or when i harvested, but it generally only works for about 30 minutes. I spayed the carbon filter, which is exhausting outside of the tent, a few times, and bam, no more weed smell. The nilium smell proliferated around the room rapidly and it lasts for a few days. I don't think it will mess up the buds taste too much, though i admit the smell of the bud was totally overpowered, and it's a little shocking.  but after a few days the smell of weed is quite strong again. . It's important to not use too much obviously, as it is a strong chemical. It's a cheap fix,  and not ideal, but it beats having to ditch a grow because you have no filter or are just lazy and cheap like me haha.

If you try this just use about 1 part nilium to 10 parts water.  a 1 liter bottle of nilium used for various things has lasted me over a year.

I know there's gonna be some people having a cow because they think it's bad advice and it's irresponsible of me to post this.  oh well.

It works because all the smelly air is being put through that filter, which you then saturate with a chemical that has a stronger smell, and it covers it up and or neutralizes the weed smell.  It's not rocket science.

I'll add one thing.  the smell of the nilium lasts a few hours, and then the room will smell neutral for about 2 days.

Sure your not just nose blind and smelling the air freshener because it's a new smell.

Sit in your tent all day and you do realise you don't smell weed after a while? 

Same goes with a stinky house.

Sometimes it takes your mate to walk in with a fresh nose to say "fuck me it stinks of green in here"

10 people like this

Hmm. I'm pretty sure, yeah. There's still some kind of weird smell in there,  but the overwhelming skunk thing is gone. i can't be sure is completely gone in the room itself, but It doesn't travel past the bedroom door, which is all that matters. I'vehadmyparents here,  and ifthe house stinks my roommate always lets me know,  and both tests were passed.   You should give it a try sometime. It's loads better than just spraying around the room, that's for sure. Really try and use the nilium crap if you can.  or some similar product.

4 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Sure your not just nose blind and smelling the air freshener because it's a new smell.

Sit in your tent all day and you do realise you don't smell weed after a while? 

Same goes with a stinky house.

Sometimes it takes your mate to walk in with a fresh nose to say "fuck me it stinks of green in here"

Forgot to quote you above. 

Also,  I've got  tents that are too small to sit in,  but i wouldn't sit in one unless i had too lol The odor is ridiculous sometimes.  this critical orange punch strain smells too much like dog shit.

I also kept an old used up filter from before i started doing this, and washed it with ammonia and it's been sitting in my outdoor closet for a few months to see if i can reuse it. But i don't think I'm gonna get around to it. Has any one tried that?

9 minutes ago, FigmentofFig said:

You should give it a try sometime.

If my 8" box fan or c.f. stop working I wont be putting my liberty in the hands of air freshener to deal with the smell a 1.5m room full of jailbait level smelling weed produces. 

It's panik station down to the hydro shop asap lol

14 people like this

you might as well try this just before you go down to the store to get a new one though, to do what you can while your current  one is compromised and you are not home to light incense or whatever you would normally do right? lol

1 person likes this

Think I'd prefer to have a bag of activated carbon standby to do a quick filter refill tbh lol

11 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

If my 8" box fan or c.f. stop working I wont be putting my liberty in the hands of air freshener to deal with the smell a 1.5m room full of jailbait level smelling weed produces. 

It's panik station down to the hydro shop asap lol

Forgot to quote you again. 

You might get back with your shiny new filter and say,  hey,  where'd the smell go? I can get a few more days out of the oldone! lol

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Greenls said:

Think I'd prefer to have a bag of activated carbon standby to do a quick filter refill tbh lol

I've got a big bag,  but havnt built a refillable filter yet.  havnt had to. But yeah that would be ideal.

Don't get me wrong. This is only if you're skint or unable or unwilling to replace the old filter. But I'm sure quite a few people fall into those categories and really freak out.  I'm just trying to help.

1 person likes this

Shit advice, might as well ring the police yourself and invite them round. Maybe you cant smell it but I bet every one else can lol 

If you cant afford a filter then dont bother growing, unless you like being raided or robbed. Certainly dont try to get other to follow your stupid ideas.

13 people like this

On 11/27/2019 at 4:23 AM, StevieRays said:

Shit advice, might as well ring the police yourself and invite them round. Maybe you cant smell it but I bet every one else can lol 

If you cant afford a filter then dont bother growing, unless you like being raided or robbed. Certainly dont try to get other to follow your stupid ideas.

You just shit advice through your keyboard. There's lots of situations where you wouldn't need a filter. Anyway if you ever end up at the funny farm and smear more of your shit all over the walls, nilium would probably be what they use to get the smell out.

You'd also be smoking it if your using passive vents.