Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrevolve

Liquid Silicon; who's your brand // Congealing issue

Hi everyone,

currently using Canna base nutrients with AN BigBud, OverDrive. Been using Growth Tech stuff for over 12 years with their liquid silicon and nitrozym. 

I noticed when I was using AN base nutrients, sometimes I get a congealing situation with the silicon. 

It seems to be an issue mainly with ProfX or BudCandy AN products included in the mix. Having read terrible reviews about AN's Rhino Skin silicon I've never considered that, especially with its low content. Maybe that's a good thing? Who knows/

As I begin to cross over to replacing the expensive AN products for Canna, I'd be curious to explore all the other brands for each part of the feed system I use. A

Any advice, please?

1 person likes this

Have a look at Intense nutrients. Not only a site sponsor but  works out far mare affordable than canna.

2 people like this

Are you adding the silicon first before anything else , if you add it after it goes cloudy is that what you mean ?

Edited by Arthur Mix
2 people like this

I'm using Buddha tree solar green power along with the canna range.

It's silicic acid which is supposedly the most available form.

Quite pricey but its strong. I only use it at 1/4 strength and lasts ages.

Use it through veg and stretch.

As above mix it in before nutes

Could always grab a bag of potassium silicate powder from a minerals store and dilute it in water at a similar ratio... You will be able to make loads of bottles for a tenner.

I use hygen budlink. I use with bud candy and iv never had any issues it's pretty cheap stuff never really looked at reviews or anything but it's done me good so far. £15 for a litre and iv not felt the need to change in 12months or so of using it.

Make sure that the water/feed you are putting silicone in is less that 7.0 PH if it is over the silicone solidifies and if you have added nutes it can effect the uptake. I always do the silicone first as I have to drop my PH and this stops the  solidifying.

I am using Shogun Silicone added it from day one from seeds at .5ml per Litre

On 23/11/2019 at 10:12 AM, Arthur Mix said:

Are you adding the silicon first before anything else , if you add it after it goes cloudy is that what you mean ?

There seems to be no difference at what point I add it. Yes, it can go cloudy. If I add it first, then add nutrients (Canna base feed) it can go cloudy. I've tried adding it last, drip-feeding it i SLOWLY to avoid any cloudy nature. I still seem to have a form of jelly issue.

On 02/12/2019 at 4:00 PM, madasahat said:

Make sure that the water/feed you are putting silicone in is less that 7.0 PH if it is over the silicone solidifies and if you have added nutes it can effect the uptake. I always do the silicone first as I have to drop my PH and this stops the  solidifying.

I am using Shogun Silicone added it from day one from seeds at .5ml per Litre

pH is less than 7.0 buddy and tried first, last, before Candy, last time I tried it I didn't even use bud candy and tried just base nutrients canna, and nitrozym growth tech. Still occured. I'm thinking I will try another make of silicon.

Dose anyone use GEN CONTROL?