Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hogro

Recommendations on new Nutrients.

23 posts in this topic

So I’ve been growing for a while now but I’ve only ever tried canna for one grow just couldn’t get on with it, I then moved onto DutchPro. 

Having stayed with DutchPro for the past 4 years and probably spending Wayyyyy too much on Explode I’m looking at moving onto something that might pack a bit more.

I dropped from Explode onto Density Power Boost Pro (PK18:20) on my few grows but this is almost out so thought it might be a good time to move onto something different.

I also use the CX veg booster and Regen-a-root with cracking results.

whats are people’s recommendations for Coco? Also for DWC if I do decide to swoo from Coco?

Thanks chaps 

1 person likes this

I've been using House and Garden nutes and additives for a while now, I think the whole range is excellent, the Roots Excellurator is superb.

The H&G Cocos is for Coco, or H&G Aqua Flakes for DWC.... it's concentrated stuff, so you don't need to add loads and is therefore reasonably economical.

The late bloom booster, Top Shooter is also cracking gear... give it a whirl.

3 people like this

I use advanced nutrients ( solely for the ph perfect) but I would say they're pretty good. Strongest pk boost I know of is wizards tree pk boost it's not expensive either.

2 people like this

I can recommend Intense Nutrients. I'm using organic range. Haven't finished a cycle with them and I did recieve them for free courtesy of @Intense Nutrients Matt  but you can check the progress over at my Dinafam X Intense Diary. ;)
I can say I don't really have any sort of issues. I even followed the schedule for autos and It didn't burn them. The Grow stuff smells nice too. lol Not the foundation however fuck me It's rank. But it's good stuff for the Plants. :headbang:

2 people like this

I spent over a decade on the Dutch pro coco before making the move to Intense. If you don't stay for the nutrients, the bottles alone will make you stay. Just don't ever try to use the foundation root stim as aftershave.

I don't plan to switch back anytime.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, michaeldbc said:

I use advanced nutrients ( solely for the ph perfect) but I would say they're pretty good. Strongest pk boost I know of is wizards tree pk boost it's not expensive either.

I've used AN stuff for years. Seem to find it expensive and have problems when using silicon. Personally, going to find a blend of Canna items (which I now use the base feed from) and Big Bud, Overdrive and the ProX. Until I find a cheaper replacement for the ProfX!

It would be great if people done a side by side comparison. Especially on yield. Products like AN really need to pay for themselves!

2 minutes ago, mrevolve said:

Especially on yield.

Is yield really your top priority?:eek:

1 minute ago, monkeypig said:

Is yield really your top priority?:eek:

Prof X is £90 a litre bottle, when it's that expensive you want more than your own to cover that costs!

It's assumed the quality will always be the number 1 issue. After that, it's the efficiency of the nutrient & power used. After that, I go by the usable space and have I utilised the footprint.

Personally mate, a waste of light and ton of money on nuts just to get a small yield isn't for me. I want top enjoyable smoke and I want it to pay for itself. Not a money-making machine turning out junk, so don't think that buddy.

2 people like this

Canna Coco A/B is the one, everything you need in there for the entire cycle. Simple

1 person likes this

I can not compare my stuff with other brands but I have started with GHE trio and then I have discovered that there is a grow shop just down the road. Them guys really have explained me how all that works and I have picked up few plant magic product and it sims to work very well. Does anyone else uses plant magic?

1 hour ago, doominik said:

I can not compare my stuff with other brands but I have started with GHE trio and then I have discovered that there is a grow shop just down the road. Them guys really have explained me how all that works and I have picked up few plant magic product and it sims to work very well. Does anyone else uses plant magic?

I've got the Root Stim. It doesn't seem to affect the pH with AN for a couple of days, which I like. I think all the makes mentioned work satisfactorily if you learn how to use them, which means making mistakes.

1 person likes this

I do a mixture, of canna, Growers ark, House and garden root stuff. Also trying golden tree.

1 person likes this

I'm a simple man and use just ionic grow/bloom in dwc.

I tried the boost but it messed with my ph so much I fucked it off.

I've been around the block with nutes and having tried all sorts at all costs I've come to the conclusion ionic suits me and my plants the best.

Coco Ive never done but many exellent growers I know swear by hesi

Most brands will get you to where you want to be to be honest,I think environment is more important.

If you haven't got a good environment then you'll never get the best from any nutrient line.

It's a minefield for sure!

Good luck

2 people like this

Not done hydro for ages, but was always a fan of Canna A and B plus some Canna PK13/14. Simpler times! Was talking to a grow shop worker who pointed out they had over 100 nutrient brands and he had used Canna for twenty years despite having free samples of nutes which cost more than a real quality bottle of Whiskey!

I used to think that Canna was expensive (compared to Tomato nutes :)) but some of the new brands really push the boat out. Truth is most of them will work, so I guess people gain brand loyalty when first growing and stick to it. Understandable, if you've grown a great crop then why change the formulae? You may be lucky and use cheap reputable nutes or you might be one of those people who thinks nothing of spending near £100 on some flower booster plus a couple of hundred on the rest of the often baffling lines of nutes offered by companies.

If you have the right environment, that is the main reason behind any successful crop.

Reminds me of doctors prescribing one medicine, then another to 'make it work better' and another one to help stabilise this or that. Before you know it your popping ten different meds a day. I'm not sure either people or plants need so many tonics and potions.

I later went over to Ionic, who at the time had the only single bottle hydro nutes about 20 yr back. Also pretty stable PH wise although I always emptied NFT tank every week to ten days and tanks for flood and drain. Had my best success with pots filled with rockwool and total loss system with EC of 1.8. Hand balled.

Don't see many NFT fans these days, but its the cheapest and easiest of the hydro systems I've used. As long as you secure it well and hack the tons of useless lower branches, NFT is one of the more simple hydros. I admit it does take up a bit of space but its easy to customise and just buy trays, build a wooden frame and find a container to hold the nutes. With the heated water being on 24/7 it means roots are ideal temps and air bubbler provides plenty of oxygen. Hard to lose control of it but be prepared to train those plants otherwise it will grow like a triffid and take over the tent/room/house.

I'm soil now but would admit that hydro, always beat soil on yield.

Edited by MyDisplayName2000
added more info
3 people like this