Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Budmaster66

Dropping temps in late flower for denser buds ?

Hi guys I've been visiting one of my oldest and dearest friends for the last couple of days we smoked a lot drank a lot and talked shit most of the time lol

we was talking about growing and he mentioned he lowers his lights on temps for the last 7-10 days of flower to between 20-23 degrees and that it gives him much denser buds !!!

Humidty is always around 40/50

hes theory behind it is that to much heat makes buds more fluffy ?

is there any truth in this or not 

peace out 

1 person likes this

Too much heat can cause fluffy buds but I don't think dropping the temps the last 2 weeks would make much difference. I drop temps the last two weeks myself but just to bring out some final colours.

Toke...

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Too much heat can cause fluffy buds but I don't think dropping the temps the last 2 weeks would make much difference. I drop temps the last two weeks myself but just to bring out some final colours.

Toke...

Yeah I've heard of people dropping temps to bring colours out like purple stardawg and so on 

thanks for your reply 

1 person likes this

have you tried using less water?

i find that if a plant receives less water towards the end of the circle the buds get slightly firmer..

lots of people like leaving the plant in darkness for 2/3 days too..

not sure if temp does anything to firmness, doesn’t it just slow the movement of things ? which is why you can see some change in colour

2 people like this

The best route to dense buds is to just grow the plant for longer.  I think everything else is urban myth backed up by no scientific data.

I agree with the idea of lowering temperatures to get more colourful ladies, makes those reds and purples stand out better.  Even then it only appears to apply to certain breeds.

4 people like this

I believe natural bud density and quality is determined by overall plant health all the way from seed/clone to harvest, and perfect growing conditions/environment/nutrients throughout. Also genetics play a big role. You can have two seeds of the same strain, from the same pack, one plant has perfect hard nugs, the other smaller or not as hard/different shape nugs. Genetics/phenotype are important to final quality.

Too much heat will cause fluffy buds. Don't believe dropping temperatures is going to make any difference. You need a perfect run with good genetics for top shelf quality

2 people like this

How much would you be dropping tempa to get any reaction from them plants?

Edited by doominik

Around 24-26c lights on and around 18c lights off for purple fade, does the job, don't make them too cold.

1 person likes this

I grow under led and lights on temps are 28-30c / lights of 20-24c from seed till last week or so of flower then I drop it to 20 or a little lower both lights on and off when I remember that is.

3 people like this