Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mikeydoughnut

Fed or not to feed that is the question

Hello folks. Made a bit of a schoolboy error. Plant has gone over it’s prescribed finishing time. Not bothered too much by that. Growing using organic feeds under a 250w cool tube in an 80x80x150.

now I know there’s no requirement to flush using these feeds but heard others say they notice a positive effect when they do. So it’s been about a week now on just water but I just keep getting new pistil growth. The plant still looks fairly healthy although one or two of the leaves are starting to turn. Doesn’t concern me too much bar the small sugar leaves on the main cola are starting to turn. Would this have a negative affect on the actual flowers? This is a prized bud. It’s massive and supported since it just can’t hold its self up. I don’t want to be finding any rot or owt especially after perving and drooling over it for the past couple of weeks. Just on my phone so can’t post a pic from here but will try when I get home. Cheers in advance folks

Some phenotype will go longer than the marketed finishing time

Can you upload a photo?

Would likely continue with your flush if you have already been doing it for a week. Depends how they look really, a photo would help to judge

Cheers thanks for the responce owd chap. Got a picture here. Hope it helps. Need to take the ol' girl out for a drink later so can get a better picture. Its been pushing out new growth like no ones business. I did expect it to stop at some point but it just keeps going and going.large.IMG_1610.jpg

Edited by mikeydoughnut
Add a bit more of my whittering

@mikeydoughnut

What strain is it and how long has it been flowering for?

Hard to say for sure at the moment from your pic but it's definitely getting there. Some strains will keep throwing new white pistils for a while.

Flower looks lovely. Do not worry, do not see any issues there myself. Fan/sugar leaves usually start to fade and die back after flushing for a week/two

Its bad azz kush from barneys farm. Flowering for around 60 days now. Just about to give her a drink. Trichs are nice n cloudy. Hopefully shouldnt be too long now. Cheers for yer imput owd chap. Just worry a bit after all the myther put in. Dont want to spoil that lovely big flower.

1 person likes this

@mikeydoughnut

Sounds good to me. Would flush for another 7 to 10 days and take her down when you are happy

Could probably have delayed the flush for another week for next time. Starting flush at 56-60 days could have been better. Small differences

edit: Usually good practice to add a bit extra time than marketed times for them to finish, unless you get a fast flowering phenotype

Enjoy!

Edited by Nature
1 person likes this

You’re definitely right. I’ll wait for the signs next time instead of expecting them to turn up on time.

its taught me quite a bit this grow. It’s only my second one but I’ve learned far more this time.

ill definitely follow your advice about flushing later on. 

Thankfully none of my boo-boo’s seem to have cost me. Yet! 

I think yer right another week or so should see it right. Fingers crossed. Next one already planned out so aching to get on and do a more ‘professional’ effort. 

Cheers for yer reply you’ve been a right help. Thanks again owd chap.

1 person likes this