Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

gandras

Are they looking healthy?

21 posts in this topic

I don't know is it me paranoid or what, but my plants look suspicious to me. It is day 22 after sprout and they kind of stopped growing a couple days ago. 

Are they looking Ok and healthy??

large.20191114_192103_compress62.jpglarge.20191114_192058_compress35.jpglarge.20191114_192052_compress11.jpglarge.20191114_192037_compress78.jpglarge.20191114_192031_compress49.jpglarge.20191114_192019_compress95.jpglarge.20191114_192001_compress58.jpglarge.20191114_191945_compress68.jpglarge.20191114_191937_compress68.jpglarge.20191114_191909_compress36.jpglarge.20191114_191902_compress22.jpg

large.20191114_191909_compress36.jpglarge.20191114_191902_compress22.jpglarge.20191114_191916_compress88.jpg

It is autoflowers northern lights

Edited by gandras

Looks under watered to me. The top of your medium looks very dry

What is your medium exactly? How often and how much are you watering?

How are the roots looking? They probably drinking too fast for your watering frequency/amount if the roots have filled those pots

Otherwise they look decent. Should perk up quickly after a good watering.

1 person likes this

I'm not an expert. Could be a fews things overwatetering,  too much heat or cheap soi or a bad grow environment or lack of nutrition or airflow Now you can work it out

Edited by d3n1s

7 hours ago, Nature said:

Looks under watered to me. The top of your medium looks very dry

What is your medium exactly? How often and how much are you watering?

How are the roots looking? They probably drinking too fast for your watering frequency/amount if the roots have filled those pots

Otherwise they look decent. Should perk up quickly after a good watering.

These photos were taken just before watering. I water them every 2-3 days with about 1.25L each. Soil is Plant magic.

Yes they drink it really fast i would say... how can i say what roots look like? 

What if they filled those pots? They are 8L pots

large.20191115_051252_compress64.jpglarge.20191115_051246_compress79.jpglarge.20191115_051239_compress74.jpglarge.20191115_051233_compress83.jpg

So this is how they look after yesterdays watering.. 

The thing is that i was expecting them to grow, but at the moment they stopped or started to grow very slowly (i've readed that at that stage they can grow double a size in a couple weeks)...

The other thing is that one plant had a little nutrient burn (not 100% sure) so i decided to flush it yesterday. Is that one:

large.20191114_190206_compress7.jpglarge.20191114_190151_compress77.jpglarge.20191114_190145_compress57.jpglarge.20191114_190134_compress32.jpg

large.20191114_190115_compress0.jpg

And the others looked a little bit wilting, but not very bad, so i am really confuses... its my first grow and i spent a lot of time with them :)

1 person likes this

@gandras

You let the soil/pots dry out too much, in my opinion. It is good to have a wet and dry cycle in soil, but don't let them get too dry. It will damage your microbes in the soil, the roots and your plant health. Never let them get to the point of wilting. You want to water just before they get to that stage.

If you let them dry too much, it will start to cause nutrient issues as you are seeing.

Carry on feeding nutrients at a reasonable EC and PH, not too high or low. Make sure the pot is fully soaked when you water, a bit of runoff is a good sign.

Coco is better and easier to water consistenly in my opinion, much easier to dial in the watering schedule (once or twice per day) and they are never under watered, always getting fresh nutrients and water/oxygen to the roots. Very hard to over water. Fast and strong growth on a daily basis from veg to harvest. I started soil, tried Coco and never looked back. Either way works well though when dialed in.

Keep it up, they should recover if you water and feed appropriately.

2 people like this

36 minutes ago, Nature said:

@gandras

You let the soil/pots dry out too much, in my opinion. It is good to have a wet and dry cycle in soil, but don't let them get too dry. It will damage your microbes in the soil, the roots and your plant health. Never let them get to the point of wilting. You want to water just before they get to that stage.

If you let them dry too much, it will start to cause nutrient issues as you are seeing.

Carry on feeding nutrients at a reasonable EC and PH, not too high or low. Make sure the pot is fully soaked when you water, a bit of runoff is a good sign.

Coco is better and easier to water consistenly in my opinion, much easier to dial in the watering schedule (once or twice per day) and they are never under watered, always getting fresh nutrients and water/oxygen to the roots. Very hard to over water. Fast and strong growth on a daily basis from veg to harvest. I started soil, tried Coco and never looked back. Either way works well though when dialed in.

Keep it up, they should recover if you water and feed appropriately.

Yes the pots were very light and dry before watering yesterday... 

Just one more question, you mentioned that the roots might filled the pot. How do i know? And if so, does it mean they will not grow bigger? I bit worried as at the moment they still quite small

Thanks for help

What are you temps like max and min. If the plant is too cold it will slow growth right down. What temp is the feed when you water it in. Your roots could be too cold. There is signs of a magnesium  deficiency  on some of the leaves.

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, murran said:

What are you temps like max and min. If the plant is too cold it will slow growth right down. What temp is the feed when you water it in. Your roots could be too cold. There is signs of a magnesium  deficiency  on some of the leaves.

Lights on temps at pot level are 25-27C, canopy about 28C.

Lights off temperature at pot level is about 20C.

Water i feed them with allowed to stay at room temperature for 24-48 hours so its about 20C i would say 

I just added some CALMAG yesterday together with nutes. 

Edited by gandras

@gandras

You want the roots to fill your pots, the more roots the better. 8 liters of soil should grow a much bigger plant, they have got plenty of potential to grow bigger with more veg time.

You can check root development by seeing if any roots are poking out of the bottom of the pot usually. Or when the pots are a bit dryer/lighter you can pull the entire soil mass out of the pot by pulling on the main stem. Be careful though. Not even necessary to do this but gives you a good look at the roots to see if they are healthy or need transplanting to a bigger pot.

40 minutes ago, Nature said:

@gandras

You want the roots to fill your pots, the more roots the better. 8 liters of soil should grow a much bigger plant, they have got plenty of potential to grow bigger with more veg time.

You can check root development by seeing if any roots are poking out of the bottom of the pot usually. Or when the pots are a bit dryer/lighter you can pull the entire soil mass out of the pot by pulling on the main stem. Be careful though. Not even necessary to do this but gives you a good look at the roots to see if they are healthy or need transplanting to a bigger pot.

I had a look at the bottom of the pots and havent seen them coming out yet :)

they are all autos so anyway transplanting would not be a good idea.

Can i add CALMAG with EVERY watering? 

@gandras

Agree there is no need for you to transplant into bigger pots

Calmag - Are you using tap water? Is the water soft or hard? What other nutrients are you using?

Would only use Calmag if your other nutrients don't include any, or using extremely soft water or RO water. Would not use it every feed unless necessary, even then in small doses.

16 minutes ago, Nature said:

@gandras

Agree there is no need for you to transplant into bigger pots

Calmag - Are you using tap water? Is the water soft or hard? What other nutrients are you using?

Would only use Calmag if your other nutrients don't include any, or using extremely soft water or RO water. Would not use it every feed unless necessary, even then in small doses.

Yes i use tap water, but i let it stay for a 24-48 hours. As i know i live in a soft area water.. and other nutrients are FLORA NOVA grow and bloom, but currently i use only grow and about 1/4 of recommended dose last time. I feeded them with nutrients for last 3 times, should i give them a break for 1 time and do only with water? (No nutrients)

I wouldn’t feed with every watering, myself I would probably go water then feed etc... fk knows I ain’t come to that yet lol but not every water will I feed

7 hours ago, gandras said:

I water them every 2-3 days with about 1.25L each.

Are you getting good 'run off' when you water?

Feed at every watering and get a good run off, this flushes out any un-used nutes, replaces the full spectrum of nutes and draws fresh air into the root zone...

Once they're on a proper wet/dry cycle you should be watering every day or thereabouts, they'll pull round imo...:yep:

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this