Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bushmat

Light burnt bud

Hi guys, 

ive slightly burnt the top of two colas! (Week four of flower) What sort of affect will this have on them?and will they recover?

Thanks

Only slight burning? imo if your plants are otherwise healthy, it should have minimal impact in the end. Obviously it's not great that you burned them, poor ladies!

Are you able to upload a photo? Hard to say for sure without seeing the damage done. You could remove damaged areas if it is looking really nasty

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Nature said:

Only slight burning? imo if your plants are otherwise healthy, it should have minimal impact in the end. Obviously it's not great that you burned them, poor ladies!

Are you able to upload a photo? Hard to say for sure without seeing the damage done. You could remove damaged areas if it is looking really nasty

Still trying to decrypt how you loads photos on here lol 

1 hour ago, Nature said:

I’ve add a photo as my profile pic...

Yep looks a bit fried. Possible nutrient issues there too

Make sure lights are not too close. Dial in temperature.

Nutrients are difficult to advise, make sure you are giving them what they need for early flower and not too much of it.

It should still finish and give you something, not as well as it could and should. Ride it out, keep an eye on damaged buds, aim for better health next time.

22 minutes ago, Nature said:

Yep looks a bit fried. Possible nutrient issues there too

Make sure lights are not too close. Dial in temperature.

Nutrients are difficult to advise, make sure you are giving them what they need for early flower and not too much of it.

It should still finish and give you something, not as well as it could and should. Ride it out, keep an eye on damaged buds, aim for better health next time.

What made you think there was a nutrient issue?

Heres some unaffected buds.large.88059E68-E0F9-4A5E-83EB-C28A8567A719.jpeglarge.0ECE6A91-6B95-4828-8504-6C5507F66A61.jpeg

2 people like this

Those unaffected buds look lovely to be fair to you. Good effort. Don't see any nutrient issues there, was just judging by how fried the leaves were in your first photo. Good to see the full picture :)

Keep up your good work and those damaged parts should pull through, maybe not as perfect as the other colas of course.

1 person likes this

Watch out for bud rot on those burnt bits later on

3 people like this

If it’s only a couple of tops I’d be tempted to chop them off. I’ve never had anything good happen from burnt colas and as said above could cause a mould issue. Even when I’ve only slightly singed the very tips the buds have grown airy and differently they kinda splay out like pine cones with less quality.

happens to the best of us, I once cooked a full crop to cinders 7 weeks in because my extraction tripped off. 

2 people like this

Thanks guys,

I’ve sort of trimmed the singed parts. I’ll probably cut them off if there’s a risk of mold. 

I’ll keep an eye on how they recover over the next few days. 

2 people like this

Didn't need to remove the buds in the end..

They recovered pretty well. About another week and a half and they'll be ready for the chop... 

Buds are looking huge. One plant did pop a few bananas but they seem to have stopped now.

ill post some pics when they are done.

39 minutes ago, Bushmat said:

Didn't need to remove the buds in the end..

They recovered pretty well. About another week and a half and they'll be ready for the chop... 

Buds are looking huge. One plant did pop a few bananas but they seem to have stopped now.

ill post some pics when they are done.

large.EB51D9A0-1AFF-4BBC-A4AF-5B05A45942CD.jpeglarge.7FAB6316-0EF6-4273-8FB2-17A975AC227B.jpeglarge.725C5847-C82E-4363-B27A-DA762182CDE2.jpeglarge.30E24A0D-ADE6-46C0-B1ED-1F9F8624AD39.jpeg

3 people like this

Be extremely mindful, the bud can rot from the inside out due the being burnt. In my experience I chop it off and the lower bud sites on that branch compensate for it. 

Just keep checking it by opening the bud up 

1 person likes this