Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

C01D

Scrog - fan leaf removal

21 posts in this topic

@C01D

Looks nice in there mate. Good effort. Give them another week to finish stretching as others have suggested

Should not be any need to take any upper fans imo. Be keen to see how they look in another week

Keep us updated :)

1 person likes this

Ignore any current moisture or temps.. I knocked the extractor off for 5 hours.

plant that is two weeks behind replaced one I simply leant on and it died.. 

@C01D

It did look a bit wet in there on the leaves. Try to avoid that with ScroG, especially during flower. Want to avoid wet spots. Keep good air flow under and over the canopy at all times.

"I simply leant on and it died"

Haha. Shit happens! Dropped a fairly heavy fan on one of my ladies once and crushed it. Oops.

1 person likes this

I was originally planning on something like this.. which is the opposite of your advice

1 person likes this

Even the guy in the video said "it's a controversial topic" which is true. Ask 10 people and you will get a few different answers, especially on the internet.

It depends on your strain/space/environment/personal preference. Both ways work at the end of the day.

In my opinion this guy in the video didn't even properly ScroG, his nets are simply supporting his overly tall plants. He did not bend them under the nets enough in early veg, he let them grow too vertical. He has too many plants in a small place for a proper ScroG. With a proper ScroG, you shouldn't need that much light penetration. The colas should only be 10-15 inches or so above your first screen. ScroG is for less plants, big canopy, lots of colas. The screen is used to keep your plant height down, not to support them growing vertically like he did. No wonder he needs so much light penetration. 

Please note this is my opinion only, many people have different methods and preferences which work for them. Recommend to find out what works for you best. Try a run without and then another run with defoliation. See which gives you the best results.

Only strip the bottom 1/3 of the plant. Let the leaves above the net do their job, if you managed your canopy well.

1 person likes this