Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bongme

Drug gang snacked on lobster as they ran £1 million cannabis farm

hi

Drug gang snacked on lobster as they ran £1 million cannabis farm

Liverpool Echo

Investigating officers initially thought they were running a catering business because of the size of orders from wholesale supermarket Costco

The cannabis farms operated by a gang of Vietnamese men, who had a HQ in Runcorn

An elaborate and high-level £1 million cannabis farm network run by a gang of Vietnamese nationals led to them being jailed for a total of 42 years.

The men kept their secret headquarters at an address in Stenhills Crescent, Runcorn, but presided over 18 Class B factories in Merseyside, Bolton, Bury, Atherton, Leigh.

Hung Pham, a member of the Vietnamese gang caught running cannabis farms in the northwest

Between July 2018 and March, earlier this year, detectives in Lancashire tracked down the drug operations, leading to 17 people being charged.

Fifteen of them were found guilty.

Quan Dang, a member of the Vietnamese cannabis farm gang

Preston Crown Court heard how more than 2,360 plants were recovered during the investigation, which estimating the street value, would have scooped the gang £1 million.

The enquiry began after an abandoned Toyota car was found in the street, leading officers to a ordinary-looking terraced address in Wellfield Road, Blackburn, where 110 plants were discovered.

That discovery sparked a much more sophisticated and widespread criminal operation.

Members of the Vietnamese gang who were jailed for running cannabis farms in Lancashire. They had a HQ in Runcorn

It was nicknamed Operation Sesame.

Last week, Quan Dang, 32, Hung Pham, 29, Tran Hung, 36, and Vo Duc, 20 - were jailed for between 31 and 48 months, for their roles supporting the network.

Eleven conspirators have already been sentenced.

A member of the Vietnamese gang who were jailed for running cannabis farms in Lancashire. They had a HQ in Runcorn

The ringleaders, Thanh Nguyen, 20, Dung Pham, 28, and Tung Pham, 26, who arranged for complex lighting and heating systems to be installed at the properties, were jailed for between 54 months and six years.

Prosecutors said bigwig Pham ran a "rest and relaxation hub" for cannabis growers in Bury and was found to have bought "colossal amounts of beef, lobster and other seafood."

Investigating officers initially thought he may be running a catering business because of the size of his orders from wholesale supermarket Costco.

The cannabis farms operated by a gang of Vietnamese men, who had a HQ in Runcorn

Detective Sergeant Stu Peall, of Lancashire Police, said: “I welcome these sentences which reflect the serious nature of the offending.

"This was a sophisticated organised criminal group making huge amounts of money from their operation.

"We will continue to proactively target the production of cannabis which can have lasting physical and mental health effects on users as well as having a negative effect on our communities and fuelling other crime and we are determined to tackle that.

"We need the public to continue to work with us to help us tackle drug crime by informing us of any suspicious activity.”

It was heard how some of the cannabis farmers had been working to repay debts to people who had smuggled them into the UK.

One barrister said his client was brought into the UK in a refrigerated lorry from Germany.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/runcorn-house-secret-hq-1-17239230

Bongme 

instead of prison this  should be legal where these guys would be considered top businessmen, dought they come from the wrong side of town though

raggi bastard uk mps.

1 person likes this

Hi The Budmeister

instead of prison this  should be legal where these guys would be considered top businessmen, dought they come from the wrong side of town though

raggi bastard uk mps.

Hear Hear

But The government dont want to legalise they would rather give you Phoney oils and weeds as they are in cahoots with Big Bussiness as the UK governments all of them are all about greed nothing more!:soap:

But use growers will live and do things by our own laws fuck theirs  :yep:

just keep growing and keep up the...

Slide By H.E.R. (2019)

Bongme :yinyang:

4 people like this

I fail to see the relevance of their lunch to this story. It reminds me of the court cases in which it was stated that a trafficked vietnamese dude was clearly delighted with his role in producing weed, because a photo of him was found on his phone, in which he was smiling. Baffling how this apparently proves that he was overwhelmed with delight the entire time, I mean it's a brief moment in the convoluted weave which forms this person's path through life. Cannabis cultivator eats some seafood, good god, stop the press. Desperate times for those opposed to cannabis, guess they have to reach for anything which might remotely irritate the public.

1 person likes this

I'm sure arms manufacturers snack on lobster all the time while making billions selling death to repressive regimes. They probably sometimes snack on lobster with politicians and media barons.

Edited by Boojum
8 people like this

Fuck me if your earning good money your going to be spending good. It's just funny food gets a mention lol hardly talking about buying a mansion are we. Our prisons are probably luxury compare to living in poverty in Vietnam. Who can blame them for taking the risk. 

5 people like this

I'd hazard a guess that Paul Kenward has snacked on lobster while making a fortune from his cannabis farm. Probably with his wife, Home Office minister Victoria Atkins MP.

I love the smell of double standards in the morning.

Edited by Boojum
8 people like this

just goes to show youve got be overly switched on to the things that can cause the police to be interested in you. An abandoned vehicle will do it lol, but seriously can be a broken tail light speeding etc etc can all spark off events like the vehicle being searched find a grinder along with a small amount of personal and the next step is they want to search your property for drugs.

if you grow you must be exta careful and as I know even that sometimes isn't enough.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Boojum said:

I'd hazard a guess that Paul Kenward has snacked on lobster while making a fortune from his cannabis farm. Probably with his wife, Home Office minister Victoria Atkins MP.

I love the smell of double standards in the morning.

Post of the year.  :cheers:

Hot as napalm

4 people like this

They are tories, they can grow medicine.They have that bit of paper, from the gov.

Dont forget, they are not growing that killer skunk like the rest of us.Even with their new licence.

To grow high strength thc cannabis .Its ok  if you part of big corp biz.Just not ok if you want a few or a room full .

Thats Big NO NO .And still some on this site think the tory scum is ok.A few mind you still a few to many.

One rule for some .And another rule for others.Like me and you.And still judges talk aload of balls and send people down.

And then have the cheak to make them pay a victim sur charge.When the only victim's are the poor ones, who have been busted .

Because of their bs unjust laws on cannabis.

Edited by hashi