Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Arnold Layne

Cannabinoid profile for oil in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease

20 posts in this topic

I recall this Horizon episode from ? years ago.

It reduces symptoms dramatically - miraculously some might say, but you don't want to (and probably can't) be E'ed up the whole time. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Cursed said:

Dosage will be very very important if this is true. MDMA causes dopamine release so will be compensating for the loss of dopeminergic neuronal activity  caused by Parkinson’s.

however it also causes changes to dopeminergic reuptake from the neuronal synapse, namely a transporter called DAT. More dopamine sloshing around will cause more damage to already lost and damaged neurons through oxidative stress. Basically taking amphetamine based chemicals is a bad idea, particularly if being treated with L-dopa.  Cannabinoids will mitigate this damage but not completely stop it. Cannabis also causes dopamine release but cannabinoids seem to counter balance any neuronal damage through various mechanisms but adding additional dopamine will tip the balance towards damage.

This is what my dissertation was on :yep:

My experience would reflect your findings. Have to avoid stims and chems, as I find I go straight to Dopamine overload. Even with Cannabis, there are times when it will clear one set of symptoms, but at the same time ramp up another set ~ so you have to decide which is your best option for the day. However, I find I go with the Cannabis, and it does seem as if, when it does this, it works to take away the worst symptoms but leaves the others. I can only guess that this is due to the impact on endo-dopamine production or re-uptake. My diagnosis followed a DaTSCAN which showed abnormality and a loss of presynaptic dopaminergic terminals.

About MDMA: I use a variety of techniques to help handle tremor. One involves a form of self-hypnosis using music in which I try and make the tremor-ridden limbs "dance" with each other to suitable music. With practice, this works well, imposing a discipline on the tremor and attaching it to the beat/rhythm of the music. I imagine that using MDMA might bring about a form of this. Its about letting the music take control of the tremor. Music is far ore than entertainment for your ears. Music is potent medicine!

1 person likes this

Good to see you @Arnold Layne:yep:

hope you’re well all things considered dude.

1 person likes this

As well as can be, mate. Best way for me is to just laugh at it, its so fucking ludicrous some days what with the Parkies, the spinal issues and everything. Its good to be back here; just hope the internet connection stays good. Every time it starts to let me on to UK420, it then prohibits it after a day or two. But I have a new VPN now, so maybe this will settle things down.

16 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

About MDMA: I use a variety of techniques to help handle tremor. One involves a form of self-hypnosis using music in which I try and make the tremor-ridden limbs "dance" with each other to suitable music. With practice, this works well, imposing a discipline on the tremor and attaching it to the beat/rhythm of the music. I imagine that using MDMA might bring about a form of this. Its about letting the music take control of the tremor. Music is far ore than entertainment for your ears. Music is potent medicine!

Thanks for sharing this. I'm currently learning about things care, and I'm really interested in people's coping strategies. There may be a time in future where it could help others.

...and apologies if I took this thread off track.