Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

_Jamie_

LST, am I doing it right?

52 posts in this topic

Great job there man.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, michaeldbc said:

Great job there man.

Hope so mate not a clue what I’m doing just reading and reading :book: and watching videos :tv_horror: and trying to copy others hope all turns out well lol 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, _Jamie_ said:

Hope so mate not a clue what I’m doing just reading and reading :book: and watching videos :tv_horror: and trying to copy others hope all turns out well lol 

Hi mate. That's brilliant what u have done. u can top them now that can help get a wider and more filled out canopy. Next time LST a bout a week earlier. :yep:
But no harm done. that's gonna do well for you.

large.20190807_002009.jpg

This was LST'D and Topped at 7th Node.

large.WP_20190603_19_44_28_Pro.jpg

I like to start at around this stage.. Hope that helps you.

large.20191028_181637.jpg

This is only the bottom half of one of my outdoor ladies. Don't ask why she isn't outdoors. Hahaha.
Point is. You can get a really nice structure on them If u do it this way.

That last one. I manifolded that one too but It was a waste of time in the end. I'll show u when young.

large.5d22523397164_WP_20190707_20_59_45_Pro1.jpg

Crap this isn't what I was looking for but it shows u what u can got for. it's like a scrog with the net basically. bit biased but this is nice example imho.

Ok hope that helps. If any one needs some help with the LST tag me. I think I have a fair understanding of it. :skull:

@highway_017

where in the world are you to being able to grow outdoors right now? Lol, it’s freezing here wish I could grow outdoor but won’t be happening lol 

do you tie the side branches down or just the main stem? I’m hoping for my plants to stay small but fk knows how they’ll look after stretch mate lol 

1 person likes this

I’m aiming for mine to be something like this short and flat on the top, looking kind of like this at the moment lol but fuck knows what they’ll look like after they stretch matelarge.96557552-B4B3-455A-B632-7D8B4D41EC15.jpeg

3 hours ago, _Jamie_ said:

@highway_017

where in the world are you to being able to grow outdoors right now? Lol, it’s freezing here wish I could grow outdoor but won’t be happening lol 

do you tie the side branches down or just the main stem? I’m hoping for my plants to stay small but fk knows how they’ll look after stretch mate lol 

Main Stem. Some people do the others too to get a more even canopy but it's dangerous risking snapping the small branches so don't bother with it imho.

Main stem is plenty. :yep:

3 hours ago, _Jamie_ said:

I’m aiming for mine to be something like this short and flat on the top, looking kind of like this at the moment lol but fuck knows what they’ll look like after they stretch matelarge.96557552-B4B3-455A-B632-7D8B4D41EC15.jpeg

That's a cracker eh? Trying to do some AFs like that. Hopefully it turns out. :)

You should bend the side branches and tie them down to I did the same just bent the main stem over and was wondering why I didn’t look like others until @blackpoolbouncer said about tieing side branches down, I find tieing the side branches easier as there thinner and more flexible you should give it a go highway I’m sure they won’t snap mate

2 people like this

@highway_017 lst has more potential than you are revealing. Don't be afraid of the side branches. This is where the big gains come from and as stated, they are very hard to snap. Far less prone to snapping than the main stem.

Go on......you know you want to

gallery_24417_11297_54001.jpg

E2a. There's a step by step pictorial of how a plant should look like at different stages in my diary that's pinned in the dinafem section. May help visualise the process for anyone interested 

Have a good un

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
3 people like this

On 11/16/2019 at 1:58 AM, highway_017 said:

This was LST'D and Topped at 7th Node.

Do you see in the pic you posted that how you employed "lst" to the main stem didn't actually achieve anything other than making the main stem grow slightly wonky? 

We see that a lot. It doesn't actually serve to divert growth auxins. When you topped the plant the plant diverted those auxins which is why the side branches shoot up because they assume apical dominance because they are no the leading shoots. 

This is why when we lst the idea is that all potential growing tips are of equal height. The plant then gives them a relatively equal amount of extra oomph. 

It changes the morphology of the plant by using it's own biological mechanisms. 

3 people like this