Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Exhale

Spider Mites?

40 posts in this topic

Hi all, I think these are Spider Mites?

large.20191028_083417.jpglarge.20191027_222327-556x498.jpg

Just on the one plant at the moment. Nothing anywhere else.

I'm 5 weeks on a 7/8 week strain, have removed a couple of the worst leaves.

Do I try to get to the finish line or should I try to introduce something that isn't a spray?

Any ideas?

sb plant invigorator has worked a couple of times for me, spider mites can each lay 200 eggs that take 5 days to hatch if you do the sums you will end up with a staggering amount of mites in no time

1 person likes this

They are horrible little things im struggling with them at the moment but im almost ready to harvest so im just trying to keep on top of them on a daily basis.  

For my next grow whats best to keep the little twats away!  

Peace 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, SquidgyBlack said:

For my next grow whats best to keep the little twats away!  

Once you've finished your grow purge the shit out of your environment, use smoke bombs to ensure every nook and crany is cleaned out.

For the above I'd prob only recommend what @hash72 has indicated, as it's one of the only organic ones out there.  If you want something that's a little more guaranteed to knock them dead, look into the mectin's you can buy - there's a thread on here somewhere where old timer lists what you can use, but these will have a longer half life so more caution is advised over usage.

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, unity said:

Once you've finished your grow purge the shit out of your environment, use smoke bombs to ensure every nook and crany is cleaned out.

For the above I'd prob only recommend what @hash72 has indicated, as it's one of the only organic ones out there.  If you want something that's a little more guaranteed to knock them dead, look into the mectin's you can buy - there's a thread on here somewhere where old timer lists what you can use, but these will have a longer half life so more caution is advised over usage.

Smoke bombs it is thanks for youre help.  Im. Literally ready to chop the planta up bit keep finding these twats everywhere. 

Theyve only came over the last week to ten days!  Smoke Bombs it is 

1 person likes this

I used sbpi on budding plants in the past and it stopped them growing bigger dead in their tracks, I think Owd said the same.

Edited by ratdog
2 people like this

Ahh, sorry to see this man. At this point maybe try and keep population in check with predators and remove the worst of the affected leaves? Wipe the remaining leaves with horticultural soap.

Predator-wise, Dragonfli suggest using Phytoseiulus persimilis and Amblyseius californicus together as a curative measure for spider mites.

Keep RH as high as you dare (above 65%) and temp below 26°C to inhibit reproduction of the mites. 

Good luck!

3 people like this

Thanks for the replies guys, I looked at the SmC stuff you wipe on the leaves but I really can't be bothered with that.

I've ordered the bottled Phytoline Phytoseiulus persimilis, the packet ones need a couple of weeks to get going, we'll see how the predators do, hopefully they'll get me to the finish line.

I think the little bastards came in on the square tray I put my plants on as it was in the garden through summer, I did ask someone to wash it down with hot bleachy water but you know what they say about wanting things done right.

Cupboard will be stripped, sprayed, cleaned and painted after this grow.

3 people like this

ahh...if they come from your garden, your battle should be an easier one.  Garden mite are not hardened to the crap we spray on them and are generally much easier to get rid of.  Mites inherited from cuttings may have developed tolerances to pest killers over the years, is why thet are referred to as "borg" due to thier abiliy to survive many nukings.  Fingers crossed for you mate, hit them as hard as you dare as quickly as you can as once they start breeding your entire tent will be innundated in no time, millions can be prpoduced daily once they are established.  Be sure to clean you entire room once you finish the grow.

1 person likes this

@unity Yeah these wouldn't be from cuts as I keep what I do to myself outside of here so I'm 100% self sufficient, I used the tray outdoors for my chilli's that's the only foreign element I can nail down this invasion on.

Think i'll save future ballache by just replacing the tray and pots with new and use these on the chillies.

Spider mites decimated my last grow. I opted for a different soil and I’m pretty sure they were in it coz I’ve never had them in 10 years of growing with BioBizz Lightmix. After a thorough clean-up I’m now into week 3 of flowering my current grow and haven’t seen any at all.

I treated my current lot at about 3 weeks veg with SMC even though I hadn’t seen any mites, better safe than sorry.

Anyone considering using SMC should do so just before lights out, I put my plants outside in the sun to spray them and the next day ALL the leaves had turned......BLACK!!!! One ruined crop. This time I sprayed at lights out time and have not had a problem.

2 people like this

Well I ordered the Phytoline stuff for next day delivery from "The Garden Superstore", hasn't turned up and when I phoned up to find out why;

"Oh we don't do next day any more, we've had a lot of these calls this week"

It's not hard to do a bit of quick web editing is it.

Refund for the delivery charge and now I'm at the mercy of royal mail's standard delivery.

Despair mode.

kryten-3s.jpg

1 person likes this

So apparently the orders are passed on to Bioline AgroSciences who bottle the predators and send it next day themselves.

I have my predators chilling in the shed until I can deploy them tonight post watering.

2 people like this

large.20191031_175537-996x747.jpglarge.20191031_204624_001-996x747.jpglarge.20191031_204617-996x747.jpglarge.20191031_204606-747x996.jpg

Predators deployed, will update how it goes come harvest.

5 people like this

Cool, fingers crossed for you mate :)

1 person likes this