Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

doominik

Root boosters

30 posts in this topic

Hi

I am new to growing and just started week 4 with few Vertigo autos from paradise seeds. I also seeded some "quick ones" from royal queen seeds and at the moment I use GHE trio and have pk bloom booster ready-all in wilma dripper system

Is it worth adding a root booster for the new plans? does it make a different in hydro? 

1 hour ago, doominik said:

Hi

I am new to growing and just started week 4 with few Vertigo autos from paradise seeds. I also seeded some "quick ones" from royal queen seeds and at the moment I use GHE trio and have pk bloom booster ready-all in wilma dripper system

Is it worth adding a root booster for the new plans? does it make a different in hydro? 

I personally would dump the pk booster and use the money saved for some sort of root stimulant. But I'm biased lolI don't use any pk boost and use Regen a root.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, ukbudz said:

I personally would dump the pk booster and use the money saved for some sort of root stimulant. But I'm biased lolI don't use any pk boost and use Regen a root.

I already have that pk booster so i am going to try it. I will get myself to a grow shop tomorrow and see what root boosters they have

My first time using pk this run and I'm not that impressed. They negatively affect plant health from what I can see. I won't be using it again. 

4 people like this

1 hour ago, FatBoy77 said:

My first time using pk this run and I'm not that impressed. They negatively affect plant health from what I can see. I won't be using it again. 

What exactly you have used?

I use GHE trio+cal-mag and that pk9-18 have been recommended to in my local gro shop as a good bloom booster

1 person likes this

House and garden roots excel is one I use 

6 people like this

I've never grown with coco before and used a nute line that is A and B, used through grow and bloom. That meant the only way I could adjust feed for bloom was pk. I used 13/14 and won't be doing it again. Much healthier plants without it, and I go for healthy plants over all else. 

3 people like this

I like to mess around 1 grow to the next to see what works for me. Iv done a grow with superthrive and a grow without ( some root hormone thing I know nothing about) but when I have used it the roots are definitely more developed. I grow in dwc and I am properly shy with it 3/4 drops into 30litres but for sure it's helping.

Same strain but not from cuttings so doesn't count for much really just an " i think" but it's staying in my garden because I think it's doing a good job.

As other people are saying I think bloom boosters are for the new kids lol.

Can't lie I use big bud and bud candy and I think my yield would drop without, but I'm a new kid I do plan on ditching them in the future. None of them grey beards who churn out ridiculous weight use it so it must be a bum deal or surely they would be investing in the stuff. But anything for the roots must be a winner in my opinion. 

2 people like this

House and Garden Root Excellerator best one out there imo..

2 people like this

Ecothrive Charge

3 people like this

i've just potted up my ugorg noname and killer skunk, never used root boost and this it what they looked like today

large.5de7c745549c4_noname2roots.jpglarge.5de7c730c5382_killerroots2.jpg

they are in gold label special mix, would root boost make it better?

Edited by ratdog
5 people like this

Don't run organics in your Wilma the tank will stink to high heaven and be a breeding ground for Pythium.

3 people like this

4 hours ago, ratdog said:

i've just potted up my ugorg noname and killer skunk, never used root boost and this it what they looked like today

large.5de7c745549c4_noname2roots.jpglarge.5de7c730c5382_killerroots2.jpg

they are in gold label special mix, would root boost make it better?

They look great mate, i can't help but think what they'd be like with some root accelerator...

14 minutes ago, edwardio said:

They look great mate, i can't help but think what they'd be like with some root accelerator...

you think they would benefit?

Just now, ratdog said:

you think they would benefit?

Massively, you've got them sweet but defo give it a try...3ml to 10l goes along way and gives you superb results..

1 person likes this