Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

_Jamie_

Bending plants

29 posts in this topic

Brilliant illustration, when you bend the main do you want it to crack like super cropping or just an easy bend? 

Obie

Thanks mate that's about 8 years old that picture, it was my smellyberry seed run.

Just an easy bend mate, Low Stress.  some time I use a tie wrap on the pot, one around the plant fairly loose, and then a third to complete the chain,  by slowing tightening them it reduces chance of a break.

Its best to get them before they get to old, I'v snapped loads of stems manhandling over vegged plants under nets and they all come good as long as you let them heal up 1st before flip.  

Edited by Budelaire
1 person likes this

Do I leave the ties on all way threw veg and flower? Or wait til plants harden up in flower and remove ties, also I guess this has to be done in final pots as can’t pot up when plants are tied down what week in veg would be idea? As they’re 2weeks in now and about to pot up into 2ltr pots will be finishing in 12ltr frabic pots

they'll toughen up whilst in veg. the tie wrap method means you can cut one of the three chained ties and move pots, just re-tie if need be.  I fit a net in finals and they sit under that.

Edited by Budelaire
1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Budelaire said:

they'll toughen up whilst in veg. the tie wrap method means you can cut one of the three chained ties and move pots, just re-tie if need be.  I fit a net in finals and they sit under that.

So I’m best off tieing them soon then il top at 5ft and tie down hopefully be done by week 3 of veg thanks

bulldog clips on the fabric pots give you an anchor point for tie wraps  (seen @Serpent at it like that)

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Budelaire said:

bulldog clips on the fabric pots give you an anchor point for tie wraps  (seen @Serpent at it like that)

Will these ties be ok? On fleabay someone have a look n let me know please lol 5.5m Soft Plant Support Ties - Reusable Durable Weatherproof Twist Soft Support

They will be but they are squidgy and a potential grubby element to the grow as they are reusable. 

Tie Wraps are wasteful in that respect as I must use 100 per grow holding fans up etc etc. 

i used to just use electrical cable. drilled some holes around the rim of the pot and pull the branches down, connect the cable in a S shape, one end holding the plant down, the other end hooked into the rim hole. simple, but effective

u can pick the soft coated wire in poundstrecher or wilkos cheap as chips under a quid, think there's about 6 metres on a bit of card just cut it to length needed. 

i'm on my second grow and just used bending (no topping) and currently got 3 plants in flower one with 10 tops the other 2 with 12 each,all the tops are roughly the same size.

i do it because ive got very little head room only about a metre 

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Budelaire said:

They will be but they are squidgy and a potential grubby element to the grow as they are reusable. 

Tie Wraps are wasteful in that respect as I must use 100 per grow holding fans up etc etc. 

So what’s the best ties to use? Any links to any? Thanks

just standard cable ties / tie wraps mate from B&Q etc. 

15 minutes ago, Budelaire said:

just standard cable ties / tie wraps mate from B&Q etc. 

Ok thanks, after topping and bending the plants over should I remove any of the bottom growth aswell?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions lol

when its all done and you can trim them I open the centre of plant up by removing excess leaves and letting the light down to middle growth vs just stripping bottom third of plant.

All depends on height of plants and what lights are used there.

Will be using a 600W I think I know what to do now lol thanks everyone

1 person likes this