Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

tokenroll

OG Granules

16 posts in this topic

@Intense Nutrients @Intense Nutrients Matt im just about to pot up a 1 week old seedling in coco and would like to know how much of the OG Granules should be used as a guide. 

Cheers Toke...

1 person likes this

@tokenroll just a good sprinkle covering over the hole so the the root plug can make good contact with the granules and a low dose grow feed in to get them off and working  will do them fine mate

I will check back with hq but im 90% they recommend about 20-25 g per 10l potup I think mate so will find a definite answer and let you know but no harm should come if you put a bit too much in :yep:

3 people like this

@Intense Nutrients Matt appreciate the quick reply tank you. I had a feeling you couldn't over do it with the granules, but best to ask. Will put the dosage recommended once confirmed in my diary.

Toke...

2 people like this

no worries brother :yep: gonna be stealing some of your diary start received product pics amongst the other members shots for Instagram to help promote the dinafem x intense competition, brands and forum etc 

4 people like this

Love your lay out to your photographs mate true dedication to giving the site info :yes: 

The granules i love, i give them a gooooood dusting on pot up (soil) :yep:

Farmer G 

7 people like this

So have I been using them wrong by mixing them into the medium:doh:  Am I better just putting some in the hole I'm about to pot up into?

2 people like this

I don't think your doing it wrong personally...in fact it will work mixed in as it's distribution across the while pot Base will obviously help...maybe do what your doing but add slightly less and then use a sprinkle in the potting hole...infact I may try this my self over next couple days :yep:

Farmer G 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

So have I been using them wrong by mixing them into the medium:doh:  Am I better just putting some in the hole I'm about to pot up into?

No mate your not using them wrong just differently lol

I Like the idea of mixing them through the medium creating a full premix style for the roots to hit through the pot 

Will be interesting to see how your root structure compares on pot up to one done like tokes and if there are any benefits to adding into a premix style 

All the best bro 

2 people like this

@Intense Nutrients Matt Interesting, I've been premixing it to as you can see in my comp diary. It's in the first mix I put the beans into at about half a teaspoon a litre.

I always do the same with other Mychorizals and even cheap standard rooting powder if that's all I can afford.

I also routinely dress my pots with a little of it once a week that's washed down by feeds to ensure good levels are supported and refreshed to guard against any damage by human error lol

Just makes sense to me but sometimes what I do makes no sense to anyone else lol

Either way I have roots out the pot in 5 days and I'm happy as are the plants it seems.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
2 people like this

So, just so people understand mycos, which presumably is what these are? 

If you put the smallest amount in with the seed or on first pot up then the mycorhizae will colonize the plants roots and grow with the plant. 

A light dusting of a seed or on the base or a root it cube is all that's needed to inoculate a plant that could grow for 100 years. 

If an acorn dropped into the tub of granules and you took it out and planted it, that acorn will grow and be inoculated with og granules and will grow for maybe 600 years, the mycos you inoculated with at the beginning, side by side every step of the way

8 people like this

@blackpoolbouncer

Very informative post, I remember you posting in another thread about Mycos, if it is relevant to this product - a little really does go a long way,

thanks for sharing  :yinyang:.

5 people like this

Hi Blackpool bouncer.can you top feed with these granules and water in.

2 people like this

On 11/1/2019 at 1:33 AM, 50degreez said:

Hi Blackpool bouncer.can you top feed with these granules and water in.

This would be the absolute least effective way to use these really. 

They need direct contact with roots. 

As per the instructions, you really need to add a small amount in contact with roots when you pot up. 

If your already past your last pot up then your a bit late to be using them to any great effect anyway. 

If it's for a mother plant/rooted plant, powder some granules, take the plant put of its pot and give the roots a light dusting.

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

This would be the absolute least effective way to use these really. 

They need direct contact with roots. 

As per the instructions, you really need to add a small amount in contact with roots when you pot up. 

If your already past your last pot up then your a bit late to be using them to any great effect anyway. 

If it's for a mother plant/rooted plant, powder some granules, take the plant put of its pot and give the roots a light dusting.

I'm not sure how effective it would be but I'm sure someone on here suggested before that if you already potted up you could use a pencil or similar to poke a hole down to root level then sprinkle the granules into it...

I think it might of even been old-timer who suggested it iirc.

But basically he was saying same as u are. That the granules need contact with the actual roots to be effective.

When I've used them in the past I've always found spraying the root ball with water before application helps the granules stick to the sides.

Otherwise it's just a case of sprinkle in bottom of the hole before you plop the plant in.

Mycos are one of the very few products I'd ever recommend as it's one of the few I've really seen make a difference in my own grows in the past.

6 people like this