Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

francesca

High E.C out of tap water

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have 6 Auto ultimate 10 days old and i use just bottled water until now but they grow and soon i can t use bottled water and use tap water instead

I just measure my E.C from tap water and is 0.7 ( sooo high :)) )

what would you do in this situation? ignore backround ec or add to final reading.

i use house and garden a+b silicone and rhizotonic in coco. Thanks

add

1 person likes this

Just now, tokenroll said:

add

In this case i don t need to add any nutrients for this stage . 0.7 is enough for 10 days old plants?

Thanks

add enough nutrients to get ec1.0 and ph 5.8 should do you fine. Never use just plain water in coco it will screw it up.

Toke...

4 people like this

My tap water is around 0,5 so its still room for some nuts. 

I would consider water filter like brita for a start or water softener system-i bet you get a lot of water marks in bathroom and kitchen

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, doominik said:

My tap water is around 0,5 so its still room for some nuts. 

I would consider water filter like brita for a start or water softener system-i bet you get a lot of water marks in bathroom and kitchen

Yes i have a lot water marks all over 

this backround E.C is any beneficial for plants?

i will do like @tokenroll said and see if they suffer from deficiency because i will add just 0.3 ec from my base nutrients and 0.7 ec from tap

the problem is these are auto so no to much room for error that s why i m so worried

i start with 8 plants and already lost two because roots didn t develop for some reasson so i try to avoid any nute burn  or deficiency

22 hours ago, francesca said:

Yes i have a lot water marks all over 

this backround E.C is any beneficial for plants?

i will do like @tokenroll said and see if they suffer from deficiency because i will add just 0.3 ec from my base nutrients and 0.7 ec from tap

the problem is these are auto so no to much room for error that s why i m so worried

i start with 8 plants and already lost two because roots didn t develop for some reasson so i try to avoid any nute burn  or deficiency

I have lost 5 out of 10 because of ec meter being crap and ec being way to high in early stage caused root burned. 

My plants are now on ec 1,5 and are doing well. I just watch them if they change colour or shape now. 

1 person likes this

I use a reverse osmosis system, I had an EC of 0.01.

I would invest in a good EC meter like  apera ec20. The pH pen is the dogs danglers as well

Edited by HippyHair
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, HippyHair said:

I would invest in a good EC meter like  apera ec20. The pH pen is the dogs danglers as well

Isn't 0.01 EC pretty much RO water anyway?

Meant to say i have an ec of 0.01 from the RO system.

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, HippyHair said:

True story ;)

I have lost my first plants due to cram ph and ec meters. Now I have apera ph20 and HM ec meter (tested in calibration solutions) and I can see now see the benefits of having hydro system:smoke:

I’ve just done my first dwc and my water has an ec of 0.5 to start, this I took up to 1.2 with nutes but found that to be a weak/slow growth  so raised it to around 1.8ec with a top up mid week all ph’d to 6, had no problems with it 

On 16/10/2019 at 11:05 AM, francesca said:

In this case i don t need to add any nutrients for this stage . 0.7 is enough for 10 days old plants?

Thanks

0.7 is your '0' (zero} point, so if you want to use, say,  0.5EC of nutes your total will be 1.2EC. I understand having a high initial EC limits the maximum amount of nutes you can use. because there is an upper range or ceiling of total EC that a plant can handle. My water has a base EC of 0.6 and ended up getting an RO unit for about 30-40 quid because I wasn't happy about rising pH. The plants do seem to fair better in low ec water.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:54 AM, francesca said:

Hi,

I have 6 Auto ultimate 10 days old and i use just bottled water until now but they grow and soon i can t use bottled water and use tap water instead

I just measure my E.C from tap water and is 0.7 ( sooo high :)) )

what would you do in this situation? ignore backround ec or add to final reading.

i use house and garden a+b silicone and rhizotonic in coco. Thanks

thats what... like 300 ppm?

pick up some gh flora for hard water

or just factor it in to your nute measurements, a lot of it will be calcium in an unavailable form.

just keep your ec lowish, flush with light nutes once a month or so to leech out that extra calcium salt, and you will be fine.

But make sure you flush because salt build up will throw your ph out

Edited by LordBonk

if you run with 10-20% run off,  your flushing each time you feed, the more feeds per day the more stable everything will be. Why wait to the end of the month that's silly advise sorry.

Toke...

1 person likes this