Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

captain sensible

Wattage for seedlings under DIYled

20 posts in this topic

So my query is the following. Can seeds be germinated under the scope 275 led? If yes, what would be the recommended wattage and distance under a Scope 275V2?

hang the light at 2.5 to 3ft and turn the light down and gradually lower it at same power or raise it and start jacking it up a little at a time.

Time...

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

hang the light at 2.5 to 3ft and turn the light down and gradually lower it at same power or raise it and start jacking it up a little at a time.

Time...

Thank you. When you say turn the light down, does that mean start the light at it lowest setting?

3 minutes ago, captain sensible said:

Thank you. When you say turn the light down, does that mean start the light at it lowest setting?

Correct

2 people like this

@tokenrollThanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Being a complete novice at this. I have spent weeks researching LED lights and decided that DIYLED lights have to be amongst the best value lights available. I have everything ready to start growing except the lights which I will be buying as soon as they are in stock. I will likely have more questions later, but thanks for you response to my queries. 

4 people like this

@captain sensible more than welcome. Have a look in the led grow sections or have a peak in my diaries loads of info.

Toke...

2 people like this

@tokenroll can I ask another question? What would be the optimum wattage per square foot? I only have an 80x80x200cm grow tent so looking at the size of light for this space then the suggestion is the 275, however would I get a bigger yield with more power ( the 375) or would this be overkill given the size of my grow space? 

1 person likes this

@captain sensible the 275 is ideal and will go above 275 watts on max power but cant see you needing max. Either light will do the trick just dial them down a little and run them more efficient. 30-35 watts per sqft is plenty. Once you get to a certain saturation level the plants wont be able to deal with it without running c02 etc, so less is more in this instance.

Im sure @diyleduk will be able to advise more depending on which way you want to run them.

Toke...

3 people like this

@tokenroll thank you, I was hoping that was what you would say. I was thinking about the wattage and yield and thought maybe more watts would give a bigger and more potent yield or would it just be too much for the plants. I suppose its like giving the plants too many nutrients which instead of getting more out would damage the plant. 

1 person likes this

@tokenroll what do you think of the addition of far red and deep red light? How does it relate to the growth cycle and yields of cannabis plants? 

1 person likes this

Can only comment on what I have actually used and the red @660nm it does help with flowering so worth having if all else is in sync. Other members may be able to help further on the subject.

Toke...

1 person likes this

@tokenrollThanks again for your patience and answers to my questions. I see you have recently had an operation. Here's to a speedy and successful recovery. I had an op on my foot a few years ago and when the nerve block wore off I was crying like a baby in the middle of the night. I was on crutches for two years and lost my job as a result. I can certainly relate to the pain. Excruciating. I was popping codeine and lost count of the number I had taken. I nearly overdosed- pretty stupid of me. 

1 person likes this

Looks like token has you covered.

Less is more with leds. high light levels cause problems. When you see people say the have "CAL-MAG" deficiency, what they really mean is then ran to much light.

E2a. Please tag me in post as i will get round to them quicker. :yep:

Edited by diyleduk
4 people like this

54 minutes ago, diyleduk said:

Looks like token has you covered.

Less is more with leds. high light levels cause problems. When you see people say the have "CAL-MAG" deficiency, what they really mean is then ran to much light.

E2a. Please tag me in post as i will get round to them quicker. :yep:

@diyledukWill do. Thanks for the likes and comment. I've got my name down to grab one of your systems as soon as they are available. If finances permitted I would wait for the enhanced lighting but failing that I am sure the 275 with extra red yield excellent results. 

2 people like this

@diyleduk Hi, can you give me some advice on the following. What settings would you recommend for a grow cycle from germination through to flower. Lowest setting to start off and then moving through the seedling stage to vegetative stage and then flowering, what wattage? Excuse the basic questions but I am fairly new to grow despite being a long term consumer.