Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bustin Jieber

sea salt

33 posts in this topic

read some articles about salt water in the garden how it helps veggies, can you do this with weed?

No, salt in the form of Sodium Chloride interrupts the osmotic capability of plant roots and kills them. Try drinking some seawater, see how you feel. lol 

Question for you. why are you always asking the dumbest of questions? lol  

1 person likes this

Next question, why does seawater make me thirsty lol

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Saddam said:

No, salt in the form of Sodium Chloride interrupts the osmotic capability of plant roots and kills them. Try drinking some seawater, see how you feel. lol 

Question for you. why are you always asking the dumbest of questions? lol  

That could have been better phrased mate, we are all different people. Emotional intelligence is a thing too and people can be offended

@Bustin Jieber save the salt for cooking the veggies

11 people like this

13 minutes ago, Mugwuffin said:

Next question, why does seawater make me thirsty lol

some ready meals approach seawater! As Saddam says though salt is a biological risk, thirst from salt is the body screaming for a high water input to dilute the salt and get it flushed out 

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Bustin Jieber said:

https://www.gardenerspantry.ca/blog/ocean-water-in-the-garden.html

i like the idea of micro nutrients from sea source, saddam have a word, i like to ask questions. sometimes its in the answer if you watch.

lol Dude....That site is trying to sell you a litre of seawater for £15ish, smells like snake oil imo.

3 people like this

31 minutes ago, distracted said:

That could have been better phrased mate, we are all different people. Emotional intelligence is a thing too and people can be offended

@Bustin Jieber save the salt for cooking the veggies

I dunno, he's been a member for longer than I have, sometimes bad info needs to be shot down, this sort of thing could confuse new growers imo.

8 minutes ago, Mugwuffin said:

I dunno, he's been a member for longer than I have, sometimes bad info needs to be shot down, this sort of thing could confuse new growers imo.

He's a great member, that wasn't being disputed, I was just pointing out that it wasn't that subtle a reply and could have been better phrased for the OP's sake. This was a question, not advice after all

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, distracted said:

He's a great member, that wasn't being disputed, I was just pointing out that it wasn't that subtle a reply and could have been better phrased for the OP's sake. This was a question, not advice after all

I was refering to Jieber, he's been a member of a site dedicated to plant growing since 08, and makes a dangerous statement that implies salt water 'helps veggies' which imo completely justifies Saddams response.

1 minute ago, Mugwuffin said:

I was refering to Jieber, he's been a member of a site dedicated to plant growing since 08, and makes a dangerous statement that implies salt water 'helps veggies' which imo completely justifies Saddams response.

It is clearly an open question and certainly not a "dangerous statement".

All that is required is a flat no, you don't have to add that another member asks the dumbest questions

6 people like this

I use Epsom Salts a couple of times during the grow

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Mugwuffin said:

thing is, it was only a question, its important to ask questions, los of plants seem to grow well next to salty water, sea water does indeed contain lots of minerals, with them being salt based and readily available im half sure it would fuck the microheard if not proplerly diluted. im actually thinking about trying this on my sea buckthorn because i know they are tolerant to salinity. also sometime i forget how things work, its part and parcel of having a broken mind but fuck the government for making a simple fix complicated for me. at least meat is still legal and im not hitting a guy up like, "hey man, you got a cheeseburger for £50"

3 people like this

i got a big bag of sea-90 that i’ve used periodically if you mix it with fishmix it makes it better

have a look at the sea-90 web site got lots of info there

i’ve also watered 1ltr if sea water mixed into 4ltr of plain water on my plants.. 

have a a look into it it very interesting sea water contains all natural elements 

3 people like this

It's an interesting question which I don't honestly know the answer too, but you've prompted me to have a look into it.

I recently been working at a local wetlands, the whole area was "reclaimed from the sea" by the Romans for agriculture.  They and others built a sea wall and the land is irrigated using ditches/ravines/and I forget the name of the smaller waterways.

Anyways I was under the impression the reason they were wetlands was because they were flooded by the tides but it turns out I was wrong in my assumption.

The whole area is fresh water till you hit the sea wall and supports lots of fresh water wildlife.

The fact it was reclaimed though makes me think the soil must have a pretty high saline content but yet it's still suitable (indeed even preferable) for agriculture..

A month ago I probably would've answered similarly to Saddam but everyday is a school day.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts too

Atb :yinyang:

4 people like this