Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Top Shotta

What deficiency?

Hi guys so I have this plant that germinated from a random seed that I found in a bit of weed (could of been years ago)
No clue what it could be but before I got the equipment I germed it and kept it living on a window sill, it's been under the light for a few weeks and is doing well, have performed LST and FIMMING for the first time on this and everything went well.

I wasn't sure the age of this as it could be around 6-7 weeks old but small as it never got a good amount of sun or care on the window

I thought it was looking slightly pale on the lower leafs so I started a feeding of 0.25ml of CalMag to 500ml of water (I live in a soft water area)
I first noticed the stripey effect after this Calmag feeding so I presume it is that which has done this, I have gave this plant 2-3 feedings of 0.5ml grow/per litre over the space of 2 weeks

I know plants shouldnt need feeding until they are around the start of flower as the nutrients in the soil is good enough
I think I got worried about the stripey effect I noticed after the CalMag feeding so then I decided to start the grow feed 

This is just an "Experimental" plant which I got to practice training techniques on and how the plant reacts to certain things and can learn from any mistakes I make on this and hopefully not make the same mistakes on seeds I have paid money for... Anyway this is the plant with the stripey effect ( I am getting a 30x jeweler loupe tomorrow so I can start checking the sex ) 
Also I noticed a slight spot/rusty looking mark on one of the lowest leafs.
(I am aware that plants should be filled to the top of the pot with soil and not 3/4 as this is bad for roots, see picture below :D

image0.jpg
image0.jpg

This plant is due for a repotting tomorrow but if I can sex it in the pot it's in I may be able to throw it without wasting any more compost

Edited by Top Shotta

the stripes is a lick of magnesium i think, not sure about the other.

Edited by ison
3 people like this

Hi.

' plants shouldnt need feeding until they are around the start of flower as the nutrients in the soil is good enough ' - This assumes they are potted up accordingly in multipurpose/fertiilized compost. That plant looks quite big relative to the pot size, guessing its completely rooted out and needs nearly daily watering? Pot it up into some decent compost and skip the 'calmag'  (unless you have very soft water or use RO, even then likely unnecessary).

1 person likes this

Thank you I expected this to just be an excess of Calmag/grow. 

There was a slight delay with potting up soil but I have H&G Bat special arriving tomorrow which I will pot up into.
I started to see the roots 2 days ago

If you only started to see roots 2 days ago then they are not ready for potting on yet. Seeing roots at the bottom only means that they have reached there. Now leave them another week and they'll be good to go

Owd

3 people like this

Well I only noticed 2 days ago, let's say lol

I noticed a few white tails poking through the root pouch
Thanks for the advice guys appreciate it all !

55 minutes ago, Top Shotta said:

Thank you I expected this to just be an excess of Calmag/grow. 

There was a slight delay with potting up soil but I have H&G Bat special arriving tomorrow which I will pot up into.
I started to see the roots 2 days ago

i'm wondering that if you watered to run off every time during those 6-7 weeks if that would be enough to leach out the nutrients from the soil, bringing on the magnesium def? i think that's what caused my calcium def at any rate.

Just now, ison said:

i'm wondering that if you watered to run off every time during those 6-7 weeks if that would be enough to leach out the nutrients from the soil, bringing on the magnesium def? i think that's what caused my calcium def at any rate.

I would feed until run off then stop as soon as I got the first bit of water out the bottom of pot

Then wouldn't water again for a further 2-3 days, with a slighty misting at the top of soil once every day

2 minutes ago, Top Shotta said:

with a slighty misting at the top of soil once every day

No need

Owd

1 person likes this

As owd has said roots out the bottom means nothing when it comes to rooting the pot out. When I pot up in coco I usually find a couple of roots poking out the next day but still don't pot up for another 7-10 days. Aslong as you continue to feed/water when needed there's no reason it won't show sex in that pot just depends on your veg light cycle. Normally takes between 3-5 weeks from seed in 1.5 litre pots for me in coco on 20/4 light. 

1 person likes this

Small fabric pot, looks like 2l max. Plant is way bigger up top than the rootball, no way that's not rooted out. He even says its 6-7 weeks old. Also you are not going to see roots coming out the bottom until its very well rooted out (no drainage holes, fabric pot innit).

Turned out male anyway lol 

2 people like this