Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Phatt_budz

Early bud outdoor (first grow)

Hey,

Following taking on an allotment plot, growing my own fruit and vegetables and the passion for seeing things grow, I thought I would try my hand and start growing my own weed too.

I live in the SE UK and the wether is usually a few degrees (c) warmer than other areas. I started 4 seedlings of “Early Bud non-feminised seeds”, knowing they were mould resistant and better for cooler climates. in March, using regular seed compost, I started the seeds on the ledge of a south facing window (only natural sunlight). 2 died and the surviving 2 went in to veg. They grew nicely and at a fast rate 

After a month of vegging, and the chance of frost gone, I slowly transferred them outside, in to larger pots in my well secluded garden. It was at this point I realised that they would just keep growing until the natural light turned to 12/12 around September time and it was only April . At around 10 weeks I identified both as fem and they grew and grew through the early summer months. In July my partner started freaking out, as they were 5.5ft tall, wide and already stinky if you got close 

At the beginning of August, I got permission to put them both in a poly tunnel on a local farm, until harvest and drying had been completed, in exchange for some of the produce (pic1) There was a huge raised bed that I dug 2x5ft trenches, filled up with canna terra and hoped for the best.

They flourished over the coming weeks and the largest is 2.2m tall, 1.6m wide, with 25 growth branch’s. The second is 2.2m tall, 1.6m wide, with only 14 growth branches (pic2)

They’ve started to flower, I think about week 2/3 (pic3), and although i feel I’ve done pretty well to get where I am, I’m struggling to find much info about my current growing scenario...few questions I could do with some help on:

• is the flowering period longer for plants flipped by natural sunlight vs what it says for synthetically flipped plants?
  • Is there a correlation between bigger plants and bigger harvest?
  • Do they look ok/on track? 
  • Anyone tried the “Early Bud” strain before? Any tips guidance or feedback?
  • Any idea on the harvest amount - I appreciate there are lots of factors, so maybe a range?

Cheers in advance for your help 

large.6536C8DF-89E8-4038-972A-FAE34CF0AFE2.jpeg

large.41947FB4-529A-418F-B3F3-6D5072F95E8B.jpeg

large.88955E11-E0FA-4355-960A-695C9CA1D0BB.jpeg

Edited by Owderb