Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Herbinator

Greenleaf one size fits all Mega Crop

Hi all, now I’ve been looking into changing from liquid nutes to powders in my 40ltr DWC setup. 

I came across Greenleaf Nutrients and sat down to read about this miracle they have produced called Mega Crop. 

It says there’s enough of everything in it to go through veg and through flower to finish, all you do is give it more as it gets bigger - makes sense, yes?

So this might seem like a dumb question but how come if there’s enough PK to see a plant through flower why doesn’t it overfeed on PK during veg? Also why doesn’t it overfeed on N during flower?

Does a plant only take what it needs from what’s available? If this is the case it should be impossible to overfeed a plant, right?

So can anyone out there with this kind of knowledge please try to explain it to me?

I want to try Mega Crop but I don’t want to waste my time if it’s just going to end up producing rubbish.

At the moment I use Advanced Nutes but it’s just too expensive, can’t knock the results though. 

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Herbinator said:

It says there’s enough of everything in it to go through veg and through flower to finish

It says Polo's and Mars Bars on the side of a bus but they dont sell them

If powdered nutes were better than liquid we'd all be on them

Owd

Well I guess they all start somewhere mate but thanks for your input.

I see a couple of people have had successful grows with it so it must work to some extent, I just wanna know how??

Anyone else?

Edited by Herbinator
Wanted to.

I have used Maxigrow and maxibloom it worked ok , now trying veg+bloom still in veg at mom and all seems ok so far.. As for the if they so good everyone would be using them , mmmm wonder what's in the liquid feeds when not organic lol Powders need some time to dissolve whatever the manufacturer says , so think at least six hours ahead when mixing IMHO .. Now with mega crop I was going to try it but they keep tweaking it and now it seems like they got it wrong idk , is it their third version now ? Some people just use the maxibloom part rather than Maxigrow as well ..:oldtoker:

2 people like this

56 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

mmmm wonder what's in the liquid feeds when not organic lol

I know, I don’t think some people can grasp the fact that if you boiled all the water away you would be just left with the powder that makes it up.

Shipping all this water around the world cost’s both a fortune in money and is adding to the slow death of the planet. 

Everyone needs to go this way eventually. It just makes sense for none organic growers.

Still would love to know how this stuff is supposed to work.

Does anyone rate their Bud Candy alternative?

Hey buddy :george:

I have used Megacrop from greenleaf nutrients with great success. I have used GH 3 part Flora series as well as Floranova 2 part series and nothing beats Megacrop :)

It mixes well and saves so much time since it's only 1 part. I have never had defiencies other than Cal Mag and that's because I use LED and they cause that.

Here you can see for yourself my 2 grows that used only Megacrop, Cal Mag and bennies.

Complete grow #1

Incomplete grow #2

1 person likes this

Nice grow dude. I’m giving it a go in my veg at the mo. I’m not so sure about using it in flower although I can see you have had good results I honestly think a more tuned bloom nute will give better results. I’m going to try Lotus Bloom I think if I can get hold of any.

What Kelvin are your COBs mate? I’m a bit of an led bloke myself and have built hundreds of setups for folk.

This calmag nonsense really isn’t down to the Leds alone. There are a few factors to take into consideration. 

One thing I’ve found is if you add a little more blue into your veg spectrum it helps a lot, also be careful not to overfeed under led because it can cause a calmag lockout without burning the ends and no matter how much calmag you put in it just won’t make any difference.

It’s easy to slightly overfeed under led because the plant uses its resources in a more efficient way due to the quality of the light.

I have trouble feeding above an ec of 1.4, people say go up to 2.0, if I did that under led it would work against it.

I know a lot of people will shout RUBBISH right now at me but this is what I’ve found on this wonderful mystery tour of growing the green stuff.

Peace. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Herbinator said:

Nice grow dude. I’m giving it a go in my veg at the mo. I’m not so sure about using it in flower although I can see you have had good results I honestly think a more tuned bloom nute will give better results. I’m going to try Lotus Bloom I think if I can get hold of any.

What Kelvin are your COBs mate? I’m a bit of an led bloke myself and have built hundreds of setups for folk.

This calmag nonsense really isn’t down to the Leds alone. There are a few factors to take into consideration. 

One thing I’ve found is if you add a little more blue into your veg spectrum it helps a lot, also be careful not to overfeed under led because it can cause a calmag lockout without burning the ends and no matter how much calmag you put in it just won’t make any difference.

It’s easy to slightly overfeed under led because the plant uses its resources in a more efficient way due to the quality of the light.

I have trouble feeding above an ec of 1.4, people say go up to 2.0, if I did that under led it would work against it.

I know a lot of people will shout RUBBISH right now at me but this is what I’ve found on this wonderful mystery tour of growing the green stuff.

Peace. 

I bought greenleaf's bloom boster for flower, its not necessary but I wanted to give it a try this upcoming grow. I can't wait to see the result. I may do a side by side if my clones ever get to root.

I'm using 3500k DIY meanwell 300W 6x vero29 SE gen 7. I feel like 3500k has the balance for both veg and flower. My other 3000k has slower veg I think.

For the cal mag I in hydro DWC with LED COB I always get cal mag deficiency. I just did with my GG4 mother plant and adding cal mag fixed her problem.

And yeah about the over feeding with LED its crazy I burn all my plants. I had some pretty sturdy and vigorous plants get burned at 1.5. Just like you I don't go over 1.4 haha we seem to have the same grow style :george: 

I don't really get cal mag lockout since I change my reservoir when required.

You should try making a journal. I started doing so with Dinafem and HSO on this subforum as you saw

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Bust a nug said:

I'm using 3500k DIY meanwell 300W 6x vero29 SE gen 7. I feel like 3500k has the balance for both veg and flower. My other 3000k has slower veg I think.

You should try making a journal. I started doing so with Dinafem and HSO on this subforum as you saw

Yea 3500k is the best of both worlds, 3000k is more red and is better for flower.

If you can, try adding some 6500k Leds and a some royal blue to your vegging and you will find the roots will come through thick, fast and very white and the whole lot will just veg quicker. You might also find it will stop the calmag issues you get. I do these lights in strips if you get stuck. Try to use high power double chip 5w Leds, these will really add to you lighting during veg and just turn them off when you start to flower.

Also to at least double your yield invest in a quantum par meter if you don’t already have one. The hydrofarm one is cheap and quite good but the battery is really bad. 

Try and get your lights so they are giving around 800-1000 ppfd during flower then at around week 5 drop them down to a close as you can for massive penetration in the crucial weeks. You will see a big improvement in your yield. There are lots of tricks you can do with LED, out of a meter square you could be hitting over 35oz with dwc if you stick with it and spend a bit on your lighting rig.

LED can be really expensive but the good thing is that it pays for itself within 2 runs max if you get it right.

Anyway I digress, I was thinking of doing a journal on here tbh, I’ll see what time I get lol  

And I’m using the Greenleaf sweet candy throughout the grow and the root bacteria love it. I’m pretty impressed so far with the MegaCrop but like I say I don’t like the idea of using it in flower. I kinda wish they would make a separate one for flower with at least half the N in it. 

2 hours ago, Herbinator said:

Yea 3500k is the best of both worlds, 3000k is more red and is better for flower.

If you can, try adding some 6500k Leds and a some royal blue to your vegging and you will find the roots will come through thick, fast and very white and the whole lot will just veg quicker. You might also find it will stop the calmag issues you get. I do these lights in strips if you get stuck. Try to use high power double chip 5w Leds, these will really add to you lighting during veg and just turn them off when you start to flower.

Also to at least double your yield invest in a quantum par meter if you don’t already have one. The hydrofarm one is cheap and quite good but the battery is really bad. 

Try and get your lights so they are giving around 800-1000 ppfd during flower then at around week 5 drop them down to a close as you can for massive penetration in the crucial weeks. You will see a big improvement in your yield. There are lots of tricks you can do with LED, out of a meter square you could be hitting over 35oz with dwc if you stick with it and spend a bit on your lighting rig.

LED can be really expensive but the good thing is that it pays for itself within 2 runs max if you get it right.

Anyway I digress, I was thinking of doing a journal on here tbh, I’ll see what time I get lol  

And I’m using the Greenleaf sweet candy throughout the grow and the root bacteria love it. I’m pretty impressed so far with the MegaCrop but like I say I don’t like the idea of using it in flower. I kinda wish they would make a separate one for flower with at least half the N in it. 

I'd love the idea of a par meter but they cost 200$ in Canada. Not as cheap as I would like it to  :/