Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buttheaduk

Labour royal commission into legalisation of drugs could lead to decriminalising heroin and cocaine

A Labour government would launch a royal commission to review the legalisation of drugs including cannabis, cocaine and heroin.

In a move that could see Britain abandon its decades-long war on drugs and adopt a public health approach, Jeremy Corbyn would launch a wide-ranging study of “all drugs legislation”.

The government could decriminalise certain substances and make others fully available for recreational or medical purposes, with Labour insisting it would be led by evidence alone.

Diane Abbott, the shadow home secretary, said: “We will establish a royal commission to review independently all drugs legislation and policy to address related issues of public health.

“There is nothing more important than preserving the life of our citizens. Our current approach to drugs is simply not doing that.”

Subscription needed to finish...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/labour-royal-commission-into-legalisation-of-drugs-could-lead-to-decriminalising-heroin-and-cocaine-qvb7wpkzw?fbclid=IwAR3kFS86GlgXE-HJ-urxTLHpJm5Ahkfo8YhPYznOV6YdnIi5UyuXFGvQY_s

Kick, ball, and long grass spring to mind...

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Gimps said:

Dunno, I can see a few more jollies to Portugal coming up at the very least. Our illustrious drugs czar might even make an appearance and bless us with her wisdom. 

30 minutes ago, Gimps said:

really? For me it is misery and shekels that spring to mind

three cheers for commerce and cheating people!

I don't think politicians realise its not only the Tory's the vast majority of the public don't believe.

Anyway, I'm off to water some plants while I'm waiting :wassnnme:

3 people like this

Ukip have the same viewpoint with regards to legalizing cannabis I spoke to my local mp. Whilst I also contacted my local labour mp and she ignored me.

Wise  women :yes:

4 people like this

I honestly see weed being legal within a year. Maybe two years tops? First they'll be actually giving it to people with medical conditions. They aren't going to ignore the money forever. I'm not entirely convinced it would mean we could grow our own no issues though. They want money and don't see them being okay with losing it.

Other drugs? I think we're a good few years away from that. What do you think? I can see it happening in my life time but not any time soon. Weed people who don't smoke can actually be okay with it and don't see it as something terrible. With your coke,crack and heroin though there are plenty who see it as the devil. Even if you can argue it being illegal does fuck all to stop it. Plus you will have the attitude of people not wanting their tax money to be funding junkies. Despite the fact they do anyway when the addicts are locked up.

Overall though yeah I feel quite confident about weed being legal soon enough.