Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bearukc

Cancer - Round 2

62 posts in this topic

I've been recovering from mouth cancer and the subsequent treatment for the last 6 1/2 years. The treatment left me unable to swallow so I'm fed through a PEG tube, which is a tube directly into my stomach. I have to have the tube changed every few years and I went in for the procedure two weeks ago. All seemed to go OK (apart from a row with the nurse over meds and me discharging myself!!).

I had a letter a few days later asking me to go for a ct scan and then see the Max Fax consultant. I went for the scan last Friday but the nurse was unable to inject the agent which makes things show up in the scan. They did the scan without it. So Monday I go to see the consultant who says they've found a 'lesion' in my stomach. The 'half' scan and the biopsies they took when they changed the tube were inconclusive but they clearly thought it was cancer.

As the lesion is in my stomach it's no longer Max Fax territory so I've been referred to Upper GI Cancer Dept. I saw them on Thursday and they want to redo all the tests including biopsies and a proper scan. They haven't said it's cancer yet but they have told me it's situated where my old PEG tube was. The tube has a ball on the end to stop it being pulled out. It seems this ball has been irritating the stomach wall and caused this dodgy patch. I'm waiting now for more tests and a date to go in for the day.

I'm all over the place at the moment. It's the not knowing that's the killer. Monday I was positive I had cancer again and by Friday I'm not sure where I stand!

4 people like this

Mate, I'm sorry to hear this, I hope they are erring on the side of caution and it's just and ulcer or something. :yinyang:

2 people like this

Sending some good vibes bear, try to stay positive and hope for the best.

Fingers crossed its something minor and they can deal with it pronto for you.

Atb man

1 person likes this

Mate I hope you get diagnosed soon  and it's a positive outcome.  I've had my own issues with health and the waiting ( which dragged on interminably) was so stressful that was making me feel as bad as the original symptoms . 

You deserve a bit  of a break man 

1 person likes this

Hey up bear are you on the oil..

Sorry to hear this by the way.

Feeling this post brother.....My best to a fellow warrior :yep:

Fingers crossed its just irratated the stomach lining.....The whole zen house sends its very best x

2 people like this

Aw bear, been there, its the worst not knowing. 

Sending you maximum love and good vibes. 

Sorry to hear this, I really wish you all the best. Hopefully your hunch is wrong. 

Toke...

1 person likes this

All the best chap, you beat the fucker before..:yinyang:

2 people like this

All the best bruv, positive vibes 

1 person likes this

Positive thoughts to you bear. :yinyang:

1 person likes this

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

Wishing you all the best man

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, icki said:

Hey up bear are you on the oil..

Not yet. One of my mates popped over as soon as he found out with 35 gms of high THC oil. We have a new CBD shop locally where the guy makes it himself - I'll have a chat with him. My idea is for a THC/CBD/Manuka Honey mix. Problem is my peg tube. I can't afford to get it blocked. I can swallow small amounts but only something runny. I need the recipe of a drink I can swallow. I'm thinking if the lesion is in my stomach, by swallowing I'd get direct contact between oil and tumour.

Thanks for all your supportive comments, guys. Much appreciated.

6 people like this

Would this CBD oil the guy makes himself be from hemp hence why its legal...Im presuming this is the shit stuff we want cbd from cannabis is this a correct statement.?

Maybe suppositries excuse any spelling ..