Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starfish

Seeds selection

This is very over whelming I'm planning a gg for next season but every one has different strain choice for my lat (54) to say the least my head is battered with all the choices 

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, starfish said:

This is very over whelming I'm planning a gg for next season but every one has different strain choice for my lat (54) to say the least my head is battered with all the choices 

Take a look at Amerillo slims MWF's or some of our outdoor vars you wont go wrong with either,.. :yep: 

7 people like this

Either of the above. Or sweet seeds fast versions do well

2 people like this

@starfish Quit moaning. You wanna think yourself lucky you have so many choices.

Back when I did my first grow 1984 we only had bag seed. Sensimilla was not widely available. No auto's no semi autos, no feminised, just what seed you could get your mitts on.

Just kidding but

decide

do I run

Photo periods

Semi autos

Auto

then

regulars

feminised.

At lat 54

whats gonna withstand your micro climate.

Things to consider

If your not far from the coast that could cause issues

Is it frequantly windy

Does it rain more than other areas

How long do i want my season to last?

Does you need stealthy plants or will a 12' monster do.

Now you have even more to worry your head over.

RGSC @panik seeds are a good choice for your lat imo

You have plenty of time to choose before end of april.

Good luck.

2 people like this

12 hours ago, panik said:

Take a look at Amerillo slims MWF's or some of our outdoor vars you wont go wrong with either,.. :yep: 

Yeh mate iv been looking at amerillos mwfs and also some of your beans its just getting some £££ to buy some decent beans 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Kipper420 said:

@starfish Quit moaning. You wanna think yourself lucky you have so many choices.

Back when I did my first grow 1984 we only had bag seed. Sensimilla was not widely available. No auto's no semi autos, no feminised, just what seed you could get your mitts on.

Just kidding but

decide

do I run

Photo periods

Semi autos

Auto

then

regulars

feminised.

At lat 54

whats gonna withstand your micro climate.

Things to consider

If your not far from the coast that could cause issues

Is it frequantly windy

Does it rain more than other areas

How long do i want my season to last?

Does you need stealthy plants or will a 12' monster do.

Now you have even more to worry your head over.

RGSC @panik seeds are a good choice for your lat imo

You have plenty of time to choose before end of april.

Good luck.

Size of the plant isn't a problem and yes the weathers not the best here even in summer Id like my ladies to be ready for September but in expecting nothing my first season anything will be a bonus and thanks for adding to the pressure haha there's a lot.more goes into this gg than I thought

1 person likes this

No worries @starfish

Always happy to help. The pressures off really. You have plenty of time to ask questions before the next gg season starts so your golden.

Tell the good people here what kind of soil your plot is and I'm certain they will give you some good guidance on ammendments and when to apply them.

I'd go for indica leaning strains if you want an early finish. Maybe do a couple of different sorts so, some autos, some semi, some photos.

That would all depend on what type of smoke you want of course.

The search function is great here. Make some initial bean choices and do a search for the beans on here.

Do lots of reading, learn from others and your own mistakes and you'll soon be producing some fine buds with a bit of luck.

And remember its nature not everything always pans out as you would want it so expect some failure. Play the numbers game.

I grow in a greenhouse (not gg) so a bit different to your set up. and previous years ive only done 6-8 plants and got lucky with them and its got me out of a dealer type loop. luckily.

However this year I've germed and grown 26 plants altogether and my yield looks unlikely to sustain my needs for the year. I'm shocked.

I have 4 left that are just strating flower so its going to be my longest season yet. (normally like to be done and dusted by mid oct)

looking more like mid nov this season. Im pinning all my hopes on the last few plants. Oh well theres always next season. shit happens.

Good luck and happy learning.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

No worries @starfish

Always happy to help. The pressures off really. You have plenty of time to ask questions before the next gg season starts so your golden.

Tell the good people here what kind of soil your plot is and I'm certain they will give you some good guidance on ammendments and when to apply them.

I'd go for indica leaning strains if you want an early finish. Maybe do a couple of different sorts so, some autos, some semi, some photos.

That would all depend on what type of smoke you want of course.

The search function is great here. Make some initial bean choices and do a search for the beans on here.

Do lots of reading, learn from others and your own mistakes and you'll soon be producing some fine buds with a bit of luck.

And remember its nature not everything always pans out as you would want it so expect some failure. Play the numbers game.

I grow in a greenhouse (not gg) so a bit different to your set up. and previous years ive only done 6-8 plants and got lucky with them and its got me out of a dealer type loop. luckily.

However this year I've germed and grown 26 plants altogether and my yield looks unlikely to sustain my needs for the year. I'm shocked.

I have 4 left that are just strating flower so its going to be my longest season yet. (normally like to be done and dusted by mid oct)

looking more like mid nov this season. Im pinning all my hopes on the last few plants. Oh well theres always next season. shit happens.

Good luck and happy learning.

The soils seems good it's a wooded area but not thick I was going to plant in it this year but talked myself out of it so i could scope it out and find out if it had any human activity or anything see how dense it was its growing nettles at the.moment and looks to get good sun light I don't really know about feeding them and amending the soil no one has explained about when to add feed and turn soil over etc 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, starfish said:

Yeh mate iv been looking at amerillos mwfs and also some of your beans its just getting some £££ to buy some decent beans 

You shouldn't go far wrong with either,.. :yep: 

Variety is the spice of life. If you growing various plants, it will prob be a good idea to select a couple early ones, a couple late ones and a couple autos. Cover all bases to increase your liklihood of obtaining a harvest.

3 people like this

9 hours ago, ocb said:

Variety is the spice of life. If you growing various plants, it will prob be a good idea to select a couple early ones, a couple late ones and a couple autos. Cover all bases to increase your liklihood of obtaining a harvest.

Follow this spot on , he’s learnt the basics lol 

1 person likes this

Only took me 10 years! lol

4 people like this