Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dirk_Diggler147

Connoisseur Grow

Taken the plunge and gone for advanced nutrition connoisseur grow, after some advice though :)

I am using a Wilma system which holds 50 liters the ratio for young plants is 1ml per ltr so I added 50ml part A and 50ml part B to the water in the Wilma. I put the PH pen away as I read on here it is not needed lol measured the EC though and it comes out at 1.8 which is much higher than I have used for my previous grow. Having said that I don't really know what I am doing as this is only my second grow!!

So is 1.8 too high, did I get the ratio wrong?

My base EC is 0.5

Another question when do I change the water? Is there a indicator for that or is it just based on time?

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Dirk_Diggler147 said:

Taken the plunge and gone for advanced nutrition connoisseur grow, after some advice though :)

Having said that I don't really know what I am doing as this is only my second grow!!

Thanks!

just had a butcher's on their website, and it says this...

If you have got your grow environment absolutely ideal, and perfected every aspect of your growing, then Connoisseur will allow you take your yields and produce quality up by yet another notch.

way above my pay grade at the minute i reckon. 

@ison I think my environment is OK, but not expecting miracles lol

I admit I was probably sucked in by the marketing and could have probably just gone with sensi grow...

5 minutes ago, Dirk_Diggler147 said:

@ison I think my environment is OK, but not expecting miracles lol

I admit I was probably sucked in by the marketing and could have probably just gone with sensi grow...

i just found it unusual for a manufacturer to say "woah! there feller, this shit is complicated" rather than "one size fits all" about their product.

you'll probably be alright, it's only jollop after all.

Edited by ison

How young dude? I give my plants 1.6 ec including water (0.5) and they are several months old. That sounds fuck off high for nippers. 

2 people like this

@isonmarketing bollocks man, same same but different as they say in SE Asia. 

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

How young dude? I give my plants 1.6 ec including water (0.5) and they are several months old. That sounds fuck off high for nippers. 

Ah feck! They are 2 weeks old...

I had better get some tap water in there I guess?

Alright man. I've just switched to advanced nutes also. Sensi range. 

Like fatboy said if they're seedlings don't follow the recommended guidelines. Start low and up it if they look like they need it. 

I start at 0.5ml/l in my dwc. That gives me a reading of 0.5 ec from a background of 0

I don't go over 0.8 in veg or 1.2 in flower 

:bong:

2 people like this

Ok thanks guys, I just added some more water which has brought it down to 1.4 but from what you are saying thats still a bit high.

Think I might have to change the water.

Also how long do you use the same water?

Thanks

One more question, if I add .5 ml per ltr would I need ph adjuster as well.

just changed the water 0.8 now with 0.5 base, hopefully that has saved the grow! Thanks guys

Edited by Dirk_Diggler147

On 9/12/2019 at 11:53 AM, The Padawan said:

Alright man. I've just switched to advanced nutes also. Sensi range. 

Like fatboy said if they're seedlings don't follow the recommended guidelines. Start low and up it if they look like they need it. 

I start at 0.5ml/l in my dwc. That gives me a reading of 0.5 ec from a background of 0

I don't go over 0.8 in veg or 1.2 in flower 

:bong:

Like Padawan said.

I use my PH, EC, and TDS meters to read my grow and for optima performance.

By paying close attention to them and your visual attention of how the plant is reacting, helps me to learn the basics'.

All strains are different and with a good foundation you will have a chance to salvage it before it is to late.

Use your meters and your won't go wrong.

GL on your grow.

BB

2 people like this

I’m using the advance nutrients sensi line I started a few months ago but had to pack up. Literally just started up again in DWC I’m using RO water so base is 0 and I start off using 0.5 ml per litre if it’s still strong then I water it down but will be starting my EC at around 0.4 and working up from there.  

There is no need to be ph’ing anything and don’t even bother reading it I’ve been told theres really no need.  Are you only using the grow and bloom or have you brought any other bottles that’s on there feed chart? 

On 13/09/2019 at 8:45 PM, Auto gorilla said:

I’m using the advance nutrients sensi line I started a few months ago but had to pack up. Literally just started up again in DWC I’m using RO water so base is 0 and I start off using 0.5 ml per litre if it’s still strong then I water it down but will be starting my EC at around 0.4 and working up from there.  

There is no need to be ph’ing anything and don’t even bother reading it I’ve been told theres really no need.  Are you only using the grow and bloom or have you brought any other bottles that’s on there feed chart? 

Just using the grow atm.

using 0.5/ltr which seems ok. The only worry that I have is that for the ph perfect to work wouldn’t you need to follow the manufactures guidelines I.e. 1ml/ltr? But then this brings the ec too high for young plants :unsure:

@Dirk_Diggler147 I’ve just made my first feed up and it’s 0.3 EC for my seedlings but they are only about a week old. And no I don’t think that’s correct it should work with what ever amount you are feeding as long as your not mixing other brands of nutrients with it then it will be ph perfect that’s how I understand it. I don't even own a ph pen all I have is a blue lab truncheon