Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Arthur Mix

Ancient vapes

16 posts in this topic

I found my very old Vapoureyes Vape the other day .. Not sure how many of you remeber these ? They where pre blue meanie and one of the first commercial vapes around .. It uses a halogen bulb and you raise and lower the basket to control  heat .. I think I had it just before 2000 it's hard to remeber exactly , maybe some one can recall when they launched as I had it from then.

I plugged it in and cleaned it a bit , it still works which surprised me as when I last had it out was at a squat party we did and it fucked up many people lol ...

Maybe I should start a Vape museum lol 

Vapoureyes ....

large.214E7EA6-3C85-4996-8BA9-63EF68FEDAC6.jpeglarge.C86A1F41-4793-4DA8-B705-DA4A696CBBC6.jpeglarge.7DDED8FB-1115-4109-9BBA-4E0695B7AEF8.jpeglarge.D9CE6262-AD9E-4E62-B95E-55D6304C53C5.jpeg

Thats it for now till next time take it easy.......:oldtoker:

12 people like this

remember them well ..i still have the weed world metallic tube and gas torch lighter somewhere ..bloody awful ,all you could taste was the rubber bung that the mouthpieces went in .

3 people like this

lol started ye off the other night did it arf? 

1 person likes this

@McHazy as I previously explained it’s all to do with rotation of vapes lol it’s historical lol 

3 people like this

B&Q wallpaper stripper.  Heat adjustable one.  Skunk #1.   Was good.

2 people like this

Aye I had a heat gun at one point , might even have an original eagle bill somewhere...:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Heatgun vapes lol

:g: hmmm actually I got a heatgun in the garage 

They are simple to calibrate. Wow that was cool. Scribe a line with a hacksaw blade.  I used to look at a box of wine with eager vigour.  I need an empty bag...

1 person likes this

@McHazy if you do a Steinel one is preferable , irc the early verdamper used same for a while .:oldtoker: 

1 person likes this

Interestin will pick yer brains later :yep:

3 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

Maybe I should start a Vape museum lol 

I'd like to apply for a job as curator please :D

By coincidence I'm working on a diy halogen vape atm.  The aim is to build a log style vape with a clean airpath using a halogen bulb.

We don't need to go into the v1 :wassnnme: but the v2 works OK - except that it has to be turned down - via an inline dimmer - between hits otherwise the body of the unit gets uncomfortably hot.

V3 is in the works right now and will hopefully get more of that heat where it's needed and less where it is not.  This is v2:

large.5d795d24b72df_bluehalonew.jpg

I used a blue glass 18/18mm male/male adapter to house the bulb.  Seemed like a good idea at the time but it's disturbingly reminiscent of a police light :unsure:.

7 people like this

@Amaethon looks like a cool project you are doing there ... Halogens do the job , nice to see someone trying stuff .:oldtoker:

4 people like this

Yeah I had a Vapoureyes back in the day, and thought it was shite lol could never seem to get very stoned with it, no matter how much weed I vaped through it! Saying that, it was still better than the awful Blue Meanie though lol

And as I recall, the Blue Meanie actually came out first, sometime during the late 90's, and the Vapoureyes came out during the early 00's..... luckily vapes have come a long way since then though :)

2 people like this

He he he 

Anyone else remember the soldering iron in a jar style vapes?

Was like doing half a hot knife lol

Another diy halogen log maker here.

So simple, effective and dirt cheap to make.

Can't beat vaping your own home grown in a vape you made yourself too 

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

Can't beat vaping your own home grown in a vape you made yourself too 

This is a truth to which I have dedicated the rest of my life :D

Would love to see some of your work.  Might be worth (re)starting a vape DIY thread?

Anyway, back on topic. I found this elsewhere (if a tent can be called a vape)...

Scythian priests used to do a form of vaporizing around 600-300 BC.

They would get a tent fill it with hot rocks and throw buds on it and would inhale the vapors that came off of it, then consume the cooked seeds.

I also believe the Egyptians did this also at a much earlier date.

2 people like this