Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hopsarecannabistoo

leaves going yellow and dying

27 posts in this topic

hi whats going on here the leaves at the top are turning yellow then dying. ive looked for bud rot/grey mould and not seen any evidence of it, its been sprayed with safe organic bug spray the plant was fine in flowering except being stunted at first, and surviving thrip attack after t thrip attack, its been in flower abotu 6 weeks and suddenly no feed change has started to die (the top leaves in the bud)  its a dr krippling chocoalte orange  it says 8 weeks for flowering but im not sure it will make it, this has happened in a week, before that it was happy as larry :\ oh and its growing in a grow tent under 2 mars hydro 300w 1's and a cfl light, with a carbon filter and intake fan, as well as a tube heater.. they are on 18/6. bought from grizzly seeds the plant was. 

8oMlUJx.jpg

Ma3V4NN.jpg

sR8rFdr.jpg

KmEuyI8.jpg

Edited by Hopsarecannabistoo

the buds havnt bulked out much yet, i was thinking 2 more weeks or so but it seems to just be dying 

I will hazard a guess and say light burn. 

Adult pythium wilt caused by over and or underfeediing then corrective flushing and completely depleting oxygen to the roots causing plant asphyxiation.  Or pythium wilt.   

Just a guess ,  but look at the roots if you can pop it out of the pot.  Look at the root ball hopefully if I'm wrong.

Hope I am wrong and she pulls through.

Is the pot heavy?

2 people like this

If not and she's not drowning I'd say she's nitrogen gagging.   

1 person likes this

Give us an idea of what/how much/how often you've been feeding dude

Edited by FatBoy77
1 person likes this

ive been doing a wet dry cycle and at the moment its medium heavyness not really soaking heavy but not dry

ive been using 

AN: micro 

AN: Bloom

AN: Bud candy

AN: big bud

Rock Resinator

and 2 ml per liter of tomato feed just to add a small amount of nitrogen 

growing in JAcks magic mixed with perlite and vermiculite, also used microcondrial? fungi when potted it up. 

its an auto 

and its been absolutly fine the whole time until just recently 

to the guidelines on the bottles 

Amounts too if you can dude.  I'd say those pk boosters aren't doing you any favours. Never used An but most brands tend to recommend levels that are much too high. 

1 person likes this

the other plants im using them on havnt had any issue at all just this one. 

4 ml for the micro and bloom per litre

bud candy is 2ml per litre 

resinator 1ml per litre 

big bud 1 ml per litre

the tom feed its about 1 ml per litre 

its weird then how my other two plants seemed to like it but this one has had a bad reaction ? 

at first i thought it was because it got over dry as it was so light to pick up but it hasnt recovered just got worse 

Sorry dude, I had no idea it was an auto. I'm clueless about them. 

my three photoperiods i am just mostly leaving to their own devices, gonna set them to start flowering in November i think so they are ready just before my business opens. weirdly this lost nearly all its leaves except the ones in the flowers when it turned to flower mode, when these die it will have no leaves 

With 2 weeks left, they're looking fine, the leaves are going like that cos the plant is sucking all the sugars out of them to make your buds.

Once fully browned off, pluck them out or they might become mould sites later on.

There looks to be solid colas, with plenty of trichome coverage, and pistils are going orange.... she's nearly there Man! She'll go the full 8 weeks, no worries.

I'd maybe flush her for a day and continue as normal. It's turning into Autumn in that tent!

Maybe reduce the Bud Candy to 1ml/L and drop the Tom feed.

I've never used Resinator, but if it's a late bloom booster then you will see a lot of leaf issues late on as the plant wrings out those sugars. I used to use H&G Top Shooter and always got that browning of leaves late on, looks bad, but nice juicy buds. 

Edited by teehee
2 people like this

12 minutes ago, teehee said:

With 2 weeks left, they're looking fine, the leaves are going like that cos the plant is sucking all the sugars out of them to make your buds.

Once fully browned off, pluck them out or they might become mould sites later on.

There looks to be solid colas, with plenty of trichome coverage, and pistils are going orange.... she's nearly there Man! She'll go the full 8 weeks, no worries.

I'd maybe flush her for a day and continue as normal. It's turning into Autumn in that tent!

Maybe reduce the Bud Candy to 1ml/L and drop the Tom feed.

I've never used Resinator, but if it's a late bloom booster then you will see a lot of leaf issues late on as the plant wrings out those sugars. I used to use H&G Top Shooter and always got that browning of leaves late on, looks bad, but nice juicy buds. 

cheers! il do that :) and thats reassuring :) its all a learning curve :)

1 person likes this

I stopped using late bloom boosters, because I felt that they forced plants into flowering again, once the normal cycle slows... this meant that there would be underlying very mature bud, with loads of new bud on top, which would be less mature than the underlying.

When do you chop this... when the new trichs go amber?... well by then the older bud will have deteriorated.

If you harvest when the older bud is going amber, then the newer bud won't have matured as much.

... plus you get loads of foxtailing.

I've found that not using late boosters gives me more uniform quality and nicer looking buds.... and not much difference in final yield. Apart from the P and K, all the plant wants late on is sugars.... and it will get that from the leaves, and your Bud Candy. Big Bud will help the plant extract those leaf sugars.

Keep it as simple as you can Bro.

Edited by teehee
1 person likes this