Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jammo85

Infestation 6/7 weeks into flowering

27 posts in this topic

Leaves look odd close up 

now sure what it is and how to fix it if possible 

someone’s mentioned Spider Mite and Thripes?

large.E4182AE5-C395-40F0-A359-38A30F0E34E5.jpeglarge.28262236-DFB8-4D49-A276-6A21079298D5.jpeglarge.9BE450A6-78E1-4A63-A10A-AF4E68476BFC.jpeg

i think it's thrips that cause that damage to the leaves mate, either way whatever it is your best to bomb your tent after your grows finished and then wipe the walls, floor and ceiling down with a bleach or IPA solution.

2 people like this

Just now, craigfjyp said:

i think it's thrips that cause that damage to the leaves mate, either way whatever it is your best to bomb your tent after your grows finished and then wipe the walls, floor and ceiling down with a bleach or IPA solution.

Will my grow finish ? 

Will i lose it? 

1 person likes this

@Jammo85

i think it will finish but they do cause a lot of damage to the plants, you can get something called harkers that people use and that's supposed to kill them, its something that's used for pigeons normally, i'm sure @vince noir rock n roll star  can tell you exactly what to get,  i'm pretty sure he's the last person i seen mentioning it.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, craigfjyp said:

@Jammo85

i think it will finish but they do cause a lot of damage to the plants, you can get something called harkers that people use and that's supposed to kill them, its something that's used for pigeons normally, i'm sure @vince noir rock n roll star  can tell you exactly what to get,  i'm pretty sure he's the last person i seen mentioning it.

Ok thanks mate!! Appreciate your time answering me!! 

1 person likes this

if theres no visible webs on the buds  and you`ve checked under the leaves and stems for any dots that seem to move (spidermites) then you got thrips ,they are feeding on the leaves ..you can do various things such as panic ,worry ,chop and bin ..or ..you could do simple things without chemical interaction ..

cover the top inch of soil with paper or sand or my fave diatemecious earth |(that shit kills little bugs by popping them on contact ) ,you could rinse the plants thoroughly under warm water ..a full dunk in a dustbin of warm water ..holding the hole plant under water for a minute or two ..sounds mad but will drown the fuck out of anything on the leaves ..you could get a pipette of diatemecious earth and puff affect leaves to make sure ..then wash off a couple of days later ..you could employ live predator bugs available from lots of online shops ..and let them do all the work ..

but think before using any chems ..you`ll want to smoke them buds eventually i suspect and they wont be for decoration ,

lots of diffferent ways to deal with multiple problems ..few ytears back everyone was using stuff like sgb plant invigator i think it was called ..worked a treat but im still unsure whether that stuff is safe ..ask more folk and have a look at greenhouse vegetable gardeners solutions ..you`ll get a lot of info from veg growers in this area .

8 people like this

Harka Mectin will do the job if your no more than 3 weeks in flower.

I've used it twice now on the same plants and no sign of a rematch.

Costs around a tenner in a 5ml bottle from a good pet store. Use 1ml per ltr spray all the plant. over /under the leaves. stems and even the soil. It hangs around in the leaves for a few weeks so I believe and will kill the hatchlings on the second application, hence why I did it twice for spider mites and leaf miners.

3/4 of a ltr of solution should be enough to do a med - Lrg  plant.

Good luck mate @Jammo85

Edit ;The other stuff is called SBPI iirc

Edited by Kipper420
2 people like this

@vince noir rock n roll star 

@Kipper420

thanks lads for all all that info and time you took to reply 

I’m about 7 weeks into flowering? 

It’s not spider mite it’s those thrips 

What should I do so far into flowering? 

Sand me on top of soil what does that do then? 

1 person likes this

What does it do.

It shreds the little buggers as the emerge from the soil and try to make their way up the plant.

Play sand is good

Edited by Kipper420
1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

What does it do.

It shreds the little buggers as the emerge from the soil and try to make their way up the plant.

Play sand is good

They nest in the soil then go and eat plant is it 

thrips i dont think you need to worry about ..the layer of sand or d.e on the soil is more to break the cycle of fungus gnats from wriggly maggoty thing to flying nibbler .thrips probably this late wont make much difference .they are after the leaf material not the thc ..

id just keep an eye on the plants and not worry too much ,once youve harvested do a full clean down inc pots and tools ..rinse and repeat .

5 people like this

8 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

thrips i dont think you need to worry about ..the layer of sand or d.e on the soil is more to break the cycle of fungus gnats from wriggly maggoty thing to flying nibbler .thrips probably this late wont make much difference .they are after the leaf material not the thc ..

id just keep an eye on the plants and not worry too much ,once youve harvested do a full clean down inc pots and tools ..rinse and repeat .

Thanks for reply mate and putting my mind to rest!!! Been worrying like fk!! 

Ok and will do soon as these are done thanks again for the help 

For thrips I always use Scotts Bug Clear. Its always worked for me but there's loads to choose from. 

Owd

1 person likes this

Ive used 10 million Nematodes mixed with water as a soil drench.Tonight im adding that 40 sachets of nematodes with 1000 in each sachet.They disperse over 4 weeks,one for each branch.

Personally I wouldnt spray anything this far into flower.

Im the same time into flower as you but I've caught them a bit earlier.I just pulled loads of lower leaves of that where marked.Then called in the Nematodes first go with them.

Ill be fucked if im spraying plants in flower.

Never had thrips but whitefly causes similar damage. If your lucky it's whitefly, their reproduction rate is a bit slower. Whitefly is pretty easy to see, looks like a real small maggot on the leaf. 

1 person likes this