Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

1stTimeGrower

Dual Spectrum to MH/HPS

Hi all, ive been using dual spectrum lights from veg to flower.

Ive been replacing my lamps due to age, and bought 400w Metal Halide for Veg, and 600W HPS for flower.

Is it as simple as swapping the bulbs as soon as i change from 18/6 to 12/12 or is there another method that is preferred?

Many thanks

i use a 250w mh for vegging and i just swap when i change to flower mate, some folks leave the mh in for the first couple weeks of flower but you can swap it straight away if you want.

be careful vegging with a 400mh, they give off a lot more heat than hps bulbs, you don't want to fry your young plants, just make sure its up high enough before leaving the tent.

2 people like this

I usually keep my metal halides on for the first week to 10 days from flip.

It tends to help prevent them stretching so much  as they would if under dual spec imho. 

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, badbillybob said:

I usually keep my metal halides on for the first week to 10 days from flip.

It tends to help prevent them stretching so much  as they would if under dual spec imho. 

What brand MH are you running? Would you recommend any specific one? Omega or Sunmaster?

Should have went with a 600wmh matching the 600w hps in my OPINION as the 400w is the equivalent of A 250w hps lumens but with better/different spectrum energy wise your going to loose flower growth due to unnecessary stretch and extra root growth.

40 minutes ago, samokybacon said:

What brand MH are you running? Would you recommend any specific one? Omega or Sunmaster?

im using omegas and lumenlites. I think the omegas are better.

don't use those cheap senua ones, they are garbage. the power plant ones are ok too. 

I wouldn't spent 35 quid on a sunmaster mh, fuk that

Edited by badbillybob

Thanks for all the replies great info! 

1 person likes this