Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

yabbah

60 X 60 140 Tent - recommended lighting?

Hi guys, finally got around to getting a small tent for my 2 somango xl's.

They're currently under a little 10/15w ikea led, which in fairness has worked wonders for them up to this point. But the time has come for an upgrade and I need them to start putting on size in veg now if I want smoke by christmas.

They've also just been transplanted to 6.5 litre pots, will likely repot before flower to something bigger (maybe 15l+? depending what fits).

Hoping to pull 7 oz's at least between the two plants.

Have explored options with LED, liking the minimal heat and low energy costs. Would like something at least 200 actual watts, would an led of this power achieve the 7oz goal?

Also open the hps/cmh, just not sure which ones are a good safe brand, a lot of shite online. 

Would appreciate some real world recommendations from you guys!

hi i use migro led realy good light check him out on yt ,, you own need migro 100 in there 

1 person likes this

I use a 150 watt quantum board in that space

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, yabbah said:

Hi guys, finally got around to getting a small tent for my 2 somango xl's.

They're currently under a little 10/15w ikea led, which in fairness has worked wonders for them up to this point. But the time has come for an upgrade and I need them to start putting on size in veg now if I want smoke by christmas.

They've also just been transplanted to 6.5 litre pots, will likely repot before flower to something bigger (maybe 15l+? depending what fits).

Hoping to pull 7 oz's at least between the two plants.

Have explored options with LED, liking the minimal heat and low energy costs. Would like something at least 200 actual watts, would an led of this power achieve the 7oz goal?

Also open the hps/cmh, just not sure which ones are a good safe brand, a lot of shite online. 

Would appreciate some real world recommendations from you guys!

150 watt Scope from @diyleduk. I have one myself. I also started my grow in that size tent before I upgraded to 80 x 80 x 160. I still kept the light though. 

You will never grow them out in 2 x 15ltr pots. They won't fit in the tent. Even 2 x 6.5 ltr might be pushing your height. I listened to learned friends on here regarding the height.

Edited by Larry Badgeley
1 person likes this

Where abouts are you growing as in shed house garrage loft? I grew in that space for years and used a 250hps to great effect in a cold outbuilding, autos in winter photos in summer next to no heating used it worked well. I never got a gram/watt until I went slightly bigger foot print wise but 7oz should be about right.

atb

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, bricktop66 said:

hi i use migro led realy good light check him out on yt ,, you own need migro 100 in there 

I've looked at shanes stuff on youtube alright, absolutely fantastic channel and his lights are beautiful. Definitely the best engineered ones out there. What sort of a yield do you get with the migro 100?

20 hours ago, HippyHair said:

I use a 150 watt quantum board in that space

Was looking at these too. What rough yields do you get with one of those?

20 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

150 watt Scope from @diyleduk. I have one myself. I also started my grow in that size tent before I upgraded to 80 x 80 x 160. I still kept the light though. 

You will never grow them out in 2 x 15ltr pots. They won't fit in the tent. Even 2 x 6.5 ltr might be pushing your height. I listened to learned friends on here regarding the height.

I've been chatting with @diyleduk in email yesterday, looking at one those or a 170w cob kit.

Fuck. Was hoping to go a little bigger with pot size but its not the end of the world. Have them tied down with some LST and topping going as well so hopefully that will help with height?

19 hours ago, golf.007 said:

Where abouts are you growing as in shed house garrage loft? I grew in that space for years and used a 250hps to great effect in a cold outbuilding, autos in winter photos in summer next to no heating used it worked well. I never got a gram/watt until I went slightly bigger foot print wise but 7oz should be about right.

atb

Growing in the house so I guess temperatures would be an issue...

I have a mate growing in a shed with a 600w hps and 300w led, zero temp issues, if anything needed more heat lol 

So you think 7oz would be possible with a 250hps? how about a 150w led?

I know this is all hear say, yield is dependant on so many other things. But the light is a big factor, so humour me lol 

4 minutes ago, yabbah said:

I've looked at shanes stuff on youtube alright, absolutely fantastic channel and his lights are beautiful. Definitely the best engineered ones out there. What sort of a yield do you get with the migro 100?

Was looking at these too. What rough yields do you get with one of those?

I've been chatting with @diyleduk in email yesterday, looking at one those or a 170w cob kit.

Fuck. Was hoping to go a little bigger with pot size but its not the end of the world. Have them tied down with some LST and topping going as well so hopefully that will help with height?

Growing in the house so I guess temperatures would be an issue...

I have a mate growing in a shed with a 600w hps and 300w led, zero temp issues, if anything needed more heat lol 

So you think 7oz would be possible with a 250hps? how about a 150w led?

I know this is all hear say, yield is dependant on so many other things. But the light is a big factor, so humour me lol 

If you check out my grow diary you will read some comments regarding height in that size tent. I noticed you are growing XL's, which I assume means they will be large? Topping or fimming, which is what I do, will help with the height, but they do stretch and you will run into problems with regarding height, especially in a 15ltr pot. Presumably you have a extract and filter in the tent? You could always have them outside but if you do use a HPS the tops may get fried should they grow big. 

As you will see, if you check out my diary, you can get excellent results with 4 x 3.5ltr pots in the small space. Having said that I have changed mid grow to a larger tent. Try and score a scope and get the added red strip. A tube heater floor level will help keeping your temps up. 

1 person likes this

I’ve a tent 60x60x150 and a quantum board 150w from @diyleduk fills it perfectly. I don’t think he sells them anymore but a scope 150 would be good too.

1 person likes this

your easy get 7 oz  off migro 100 if you good at growing i would do auto in there  get some goods one probley 2 or 3 ,i think his new light pull 130w i got gen 3 and gen 4 , and the laters ones pull a tiny bit more ,, that the gen 4

Edited by bricktop66

19 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

If you check out my grow diary you will read some comments regarding height in that size tent. I noticed you are growing XL's, which I assume means they will be large? Topping or fimming, which is what I do, will help with the height, but they do stretch and you will run into problems with regarding height, especially in a 15ltr pot. Presumably you have a extract and filter in the tent? You could always have them outside but if you do use a HPS the tops may get fried should they grow big. 

As you will see, if you check out my diary, you can get excellent results with 4 x 3.5ltr pots in the small space. Having said that I have changed mid grow to a larger tent. Try and score a scope and get the added red strip. A tube heater floor level will help keeping your temps up. 

Great Diary @Larry Badgeley! Thats the type of grow I aspire to get going. Lovely choice of strains also, be interested to get a smoke report!

*Hopefully* i'll be okay with height, I've more aggressively LST'd and topped my plants than what you've done to yours, that may give me an extra foot to play with.

I'll get a diary going and link it here so you can assess the situation lol 

How much was the scope with the added red strip? Choosing between the 150 scope and the 170 cob kit that's there, both same price on the site but want to go with whichever takes up less space.

17 hours ago, Timbuds373 said:

I’ve a tent 60x60x150 and a quantum board 150w from @diyleduk fills it perfectly. I don’t think he sells them anymore but a scope 150 would be good too.

Thats good to know! Is there a bit of space on either side or is it packed in to the walls? I notice on the site it says its 161cm.

Just worried about it poking a hole

16 hours ago, bricktop66 said:

your easy get 7 oz  off migro 100 if you good at growing i would do auto in there  get some goods one probley 2 or 3 ,i think his new light pull 130w i got gen 3 and gen 4 , and the laters ones pull a tiny bit more ,, that the gen 4

Maybe the next grow will get some autos going ;) I'd love to give them the business cos i love the channel but its a bit pricey and is quite a bit bigger than other leds

@yabbah. e mail Adam @diyleduk. He will go through the options for the space you have. Off the top of my head the scope was 140 notes and the red strip 40 I think??? It was last year so he may have either got upgrades or other options. 

The scope is awesome. It is dimmable, great for early veg. You up the wattage accordingly as to how the plants grow.. This helps enormously in managing the height. Remember though man it is not just the height you will have to deal with. Actual area of the room will be a factor as well as humidity issues as you go into flower. 40 x 40 is not a large area and if you top and LST your plants they will fill that area and become a jungle. This was exactly the reason why I used 3.5ltr pots. Next year I may do 6ltr but it all depends on how much I pull on this grow.

Good luck with your grow and tag me along on your journey.

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@yabbah. e mail Adam @diyleduk. He will go through the options for the space you have. Off the top of my head the scope was 140 notes and the red strip 40 I think??? It was last year so he may have either got upgrades or other options. 

The scope is awesome. It is dimmable, great for early veg. You up the wattage accordingly as to how the plants grow.. This helps enormously in managing the height. Remember though man it is not just the height you will have to deal with. Actual area of the room will be a factor as well as humidity issues as you go into flower. 40 x 40 is not a large area and if you top and LST your plants they will fill that area and become a jungle. This was exactly the reason why I used 3.5ltr pots. Next year I may do 6ltr but it all depends on how much I pull on this grow.

Good luck with your grow and tag me along on your journey.

Nice one i'll shoot them an email so.

Jesus i hadn't even thought about humidity...ive ordered a small pc fan to blow across the canopy. Still haven't bought an inline fan. Definitely want something silent though as it will be in the house, what are you running for yours?

By the look of your grow i think you'll pull 3oz per plant easy!

52 minutes ago, yabbah said:

Nice one i'll shoot them an email so.

Jesus i hadn't even thought about humidity...ive ordered a small pc fan to blow across the canopy. Still haven't bought an inline fan. Definitely want something silent though as it will be in the house, what are you running for yours?

By the look of your grow i think you'll pull 3oz per plant easy!

I run a 4" RVK with a Rhino Pro Carbon Filter. It works fine regardless of what some folk say about the Rhino pro. Passive intake with 2 circulation fans attached to the roof of the tent blowing downwards. This helps pushing the heat from the heatsinks down towards the girls and creates good air movement. You will also need a fan controller. This helps keeps the fan (relatively) quiet and I have a temp probe inside the tent which when the temps increase the fan also does. You must get a CF and fan for security. If you don't your house will smell and inevitably a knock.

Again in your space you will struggle to get the filter and fan in there. I had the fan on the top of the tent and the filter inside. Like this:

Can't see me pulling 3 oz off each. 2oz I reckon and if I did I would be beyond happy because that would be 224g way above 1g per watt. Let me know if I can help you further?

large.IMG_0711.JPGlarge.IMG_0710.JPG

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, yabbah said:

Thats good to know! Is there a bit of space on either side or is it packed in to the walls? I notice on the site it says its 161cm.

Just worried about it poking a hole

It won’t poke a hole unless the tent is made of paper. I grow two at a time comfortably without them crammed up against the tent walls. I usually lst so hight isn’t an issue for me. It all depends on the habit of the plant and how you grow it. One plant skilfully grown could fill the tent.

Edited by Timbuds373