Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

catweazle1

Best cloning time for this grow

22 posts in this topic

I have an Orange Hill Special at this point - 22 days:

Orange-Hill-Special-10-9-19.jpg

It's a going to be a 4-way scrog. I want to take 4 cuttings for later use to make a mother. Should I top the plant down to the 3rd node, which will start my 4-way, and let the bottom two grow 3 or 4 nodes before taking them off for cuttings? Will I have any issues doing it this way? I'll be leaving until it's 28 days old as it's only been potted up from rooter a few days and needs setting in.. Cheers.

Edited by catweazle1
1 person likes this

seems like your plant is looking a bit worse for ware man, more photos would help somthing is amiss for sure. 

atb

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, golf.007 said:

seems like your plant is looking a bit worse for ware man, more photos would help somthing is amiss for sure. 

atb

It's been that way from the off. Ill admit I've never had a plant with leaves like this but it seems to be ok. I'm quite impressed with its vigor. The new limey-coloured parts darken as they get older. It's not robbing the lower leaves to support the new growth, so there appears to be no deficiency. Trichomei suggested it might be something to do with temperature or draughts. It's in about 20c.

1 person likes this

I wouldn't be cloning from that plant, its ill. 

get it back to health by sorting out your environment or feeds or both.

what are you feeding it at, out of interest?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

I wouldn't be cloning from that plant, its ill. 

get it back to health by sorting out your environment or feeds or both.

what are you feeding it at, out of interest?

It's being dealt with. I wouldn't clone from it untilI know it's happy. The question still stands...

Ionic Coco Grow. I'm struggling with getting a steady pH in the nutrient water before applying it. The water's high bicarbonate ions are a PITA to deal with, with acid, which keep buffering it higher than I want it; below 6.  I've ordered an RO unit. I'm not paying through the nose for AN nutrients and the pH perfect part only works in low mineral water (I read it on their site). I'm going to bring in deionized water until the RO unit comes.

Edited by catweazle1

ok, so you are growing in coco, with added perlite by the looks of it., but what amount of nutrients are you feeding it, per litre?

Also, if you get an ro unit, you will also have to add cal mag, which the RO unit eliminates from the water, just to let you know, if you didn't already

1 minute ago, catweazle1 said:

It's being dealt with. I wouldn't clone from it untilI know it's happy. The question still stands...

Ionic Coco Grow. I'm struggling with getting a steady pH in the nutrient water before applying it. The water's high bicarbonate ions are a PITA to deal with, with acid.  I've ordered an RO unit. I'm not paying through the nose for AN nutrients and the pH perfect part only works in low mineral water (I read it on their site). 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

ok, so you are growing in coco, with added perlite by the looks of it., but what amount of nutrients are you feeding it, per litre?

Also, if you get an ro unit, you will also have to add cal mag, which the RO unit eliminates from the water, just to let you know, if you didn't already

Yes, 70 coco 30 perlite, which I washed and buffered. I was giving 2ml/L but have just upped it to 4ml/L. EC is now 1.4 and 0.6 of that is the tap water. I only add Plant Magic Root Stimulant which has no effect on pH or EC. By tonight I will be making it up with deionized water. Acidifying is with nitric acid. Do you know what EC or mg/L I should set for the calmag? I've got a BlueLab Truncheon for EC and HM PH-200 ph meter. They are both testing fine. It's just gone in the tent under cmh. This is how it is now:

Orange-Hill-Special-13-9-19.jpg

Edited by catweazle1
Edited to add

I've just made up the solution with 4ml Ionic Coco Grow, 0.75ml Ionic CalMag Pro and 3 ml Plant Magic Root Stimulant in deionized water with no acid added and the pH is 5.7. I did the calmag first to 0.4EC. The final EC is 1.0.

Edited by catweazle1

4ml perlitre is too high for a plant that size, which wont help.

1.0 ec is a bit too strong I would say, especially if it has a build up of salts in the coco from previous over feeding.

it could be reduced down to 0.6/0.8 ec, see how that goes. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

4ml perlitre is too high for a plant that size, which wont help.

1.0 ec is a bit too strong I would say, especially if it has a build up of salts in the coco from previous over feeding.

it could be reduced down to 0.6/0.8 ec, see how that goes. 

There's no salt build up because there has been plenty of run off. I  think my tap water is the problem, not allowing a steady pH. Don't forget that 0.6 was the tap water hardness, so the nutrient level was only 0.4EC. The plant has been like that since germination with zero nutrients except the nitrogen in nitric acid in a rooter up until about the 18th day. I was letting the cotyledons supply the nutrients to itself. With 0.4 EC CalMag now (as suggested by the CannaUK site), in deionized water, the nutrient level is 0.6EC, which makes 1EC. It is to your suggestion.

Edited by catweazle1

Just my 2p

I wouldn't be using any calmag unless I had a deficiency especially with your water. I never use calmag and I grow in coco unless I get a deficiency of those elements. Cal mag is basically used when your water is very soft and is lacking in Calcium 

I believe Ionic is 7ml/ltr at full strength so I'd be using 2ml/ltr and some root stim and thats it, and thats with your normal tap water

Owd

Edited by Owderb
1 person likes this

What's all the fucking about with different water for?  Tap water is pretty decent really.  And cheaper.

And I'll say it again, that plant is a wrong un.

Edited by FatBoy77

1 hour ago, FatBoy77 said:

What's all the fucking about with different water for?  Tap water is pretty decent really.  And cheaper.

And I'll say it again, that plant is a wrong un.

Why is it a wrong un? This adds nothing to the conversation. You are talking out of your arse if you think a pH of nearly 8 is "pretty decent".

@Owderb I'm only using it now because I'm using deionized.

Edited by catweazle1

My tap water is 8.5, very decent. 

Crack on with your mutant lad, clone it to fuck, turn it in to a mother. Great looking genes. 

Muppet. 

9 hours ago, Owderb said:

Cal mag is basically used when your water is very soft and is lacking in Calcium 

he is using RO water, which is as soft as it gets, that's why I was saying he should add some cal mag..

I wouldn't go to 0.4 with it tho, 0.2 is plenty, then add 0.4 of grow nutes to give you 0.6 ec. then ph it to 5.6/5,8.

If im honest, I would pull it and start over, but its up to you. 

2 people like this