Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bags

To Scrog or not to Scrog

Hello all, 

I’m wondering if I should use a scrog on my first grow or not? Does it make more difficult to water plants and also empty the drip trays? 

Does using it give a better yeild? 

Thanks 

2 people like this

Learn to walk for a few grows before making things complicated for yourself is my advise. Yield will come but takes some learning.

Toke...

7 people like this

Quality first dude, always.  No one wants a shit yield, but shit quality?  I'd give it away.

3 people like this

On 05/09/2019 at 6:47 PM, tokenroll said:

Learn to walk for a few grows before making things complicated for yourself is my advise. Yield will come but takes some learning.

Toke...

Personally listen to what this guy is saying. I let my plants grow naturally (only used a scrog net support weight upper buds) first grow and the yield was not small by any stretch. Much better to get a handle on good watering practices, when to give nutrients, getting air circulation / extraction right, temperatures / humidity at different stages grow and a multitude of other things before embarking on advanced growing techniques to increase yield.

As @FatBoy77 said, all about the quality :yep: and far too many external factors will impact on this for a novice grower without added complications.

Link to my first grow if you need any convincing that growing naturally will only facilitate a small yield. See final posts.

3 people like this

@Bags are you still with us?

1 person likes this

Yeah, don't run before you can walk.

It's also good to know how the strain grows before you ScroG it. 

5 people like this

@JamieThePainter I think he started running...away

Edited by tokenroll

Ye I’m taking it all in, just going to see how I get on without it. Need to start slow make sure I get things done right. 

Thanks for for the advice 

2 people like this

I was in a similar position to OP.

I decided not to scrog as I didn't have 360 degree access on my tent and it would be hard to water and prune.

I just used string tied to holes in the top of the pot to train my plants

1 person likes this