Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Thai Stick

Autoflower Consensus

29 posts in this topic

Hey Everybody!
So the last time, and only time i ever grew an Auto was around 2009, it was a Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry and it was hands down, the worst dope i have ever smoked.
I vowed to never touch an auto again but have still looked into them every few years to see what has changed.

Seems like they have come a long way since the early days of Auto's.

I still would never run auto's as my main source of bud, but i do like the idea of being able to get some half decent smoke before my main plants had even begun to flower yet.

So what are peoples thoughts on Auto's?

Are the genetics good?

Anybody out there leading the field in terms of stable high yielding delicious autos?

Would love to hear the communities opinions on this subject.

Peace & Love
Thai Stick

1 person likes this

Grow what you like. Its horses for courses innit. Some like some dont. Quite simple really

Me. I'd never grow auto$ but that's just me

Owd

2 people like this

I understand your concerns, but for the majority It's not about cash cropping, It's for people who just want to grow a regular plant without as much needed hassle, most autos only require human intervention for watering and feeds.
It's also a huge breakthough for outdoors as I'm sure you are very aware.

2 people like this

Out of six auto's ive done from varying breeders i have had 3 that tasted of hay, and three that were decent smokes, one of them was really nice.

I have just germed a ww auto to test out my LED i run my veg room with. If that goes ok i want to try a cbd auto to experiment with that side of things.

Autos have their place but it aint at the head of the table.

1 person likes this

If you treated your photoperiods as badly as a lot of people treat their autos I’d expect hay. Breeders have done a lot of work with autos now and for the most part, they look to improve. People whi look after them say they’re good. There are forums just for auto growers these days and a lot say they’re just as good. They’ve been circulated widely for a good 10 years now so I’d expect an improvement on 2009.

I wouldn’t grow them unless I had to but a mate just finished a round of them and they are good for vaping. Still taste a bit hay in a joint compared to photoperiods. They’ll get you high. Kop from a company that has done them for a while is probs best than going an unknown breeder route because they’re cheaper or more pricey or whatever. 

2 hours ago, Owderb said:

Grow what you like. Its horses for courses innit. Some like some dont. Quite simple really

Me. I'd never grow auto$ but that's just me

Owd

Aye of course.

Im just interested in how much they have developed and by whom since they appeared on the $cene. ;)

Peace & Love

1 hour ago, highway_017 said:

I understand your concerns, but for the majority It's not about cash cropping, It's for people who just want to grow a regular plant without as much needed hassle, most autos only require human intervention for watering and feeds.
It's also a huge breakthough for outdoors as I'm sure you are very aware.

No concerns here, just an inquisitive mind :)

Yes, can see they have been a saving grace for a lot of UK Outdoor growers, however with all the climates around the world changing would'nt surprise me if in the next few years the UK will have the perfect outdoor conditions. :P

Peace & Love
Thai Stick

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, BeardedBeardiae said:

Out of six auto's ive done from varying breeders i have had 3 that tasted of hay, and three that were decent smokes, one of them was really nice.

I have just germed a ww auto to test out my LED i run my veg room with. If that goes ok i want to try a cbd auto to experiment with that side of things.

Autos have their place but it aint at the head of the table.

Ah the good ol' hay smell and taste.

Guess it's hard to breed that out!
Good luck with your grow! What kind of LED are you using?

Peace & Love
Thai Stick

57 minutes ago, Mestizo said:

If you treated your photoperiods as badly as a lot of people treat their autos I’d expect hay. Breeders have done a lot of work with autos now and for the most part, they look to improve. People whi look after them say they’re good. There are forums just for auto growers these days and a lot say they’re just as good. They’ve been circulated widely for a good 10 years now so I’d expect an improvement on 2009.

I wouldn’t grow them unless I had to but a mate just finished a round of them and they are good for vaping. Still taste a bit hay in a joint compared to photoperiods. They’ll get you high. Kop from a company that has done them for a while is probs best than going an unknown breeder route because they’re cheaper or more pricey or whatever. 

Yea seems like the hay smell and taste is a dominant trait.
I guess processing them into something more smokeable is a must.

A lot of improvement since 2009 but still not there.

Peace & Love

Thai Stick

The GSC auto from  Fastbuds I have just grown and am vaping is sweet and strong and certainly doesn’t taste or smell of hay lol 

2 people like this

I can't vouch for unreputable companies but none of the autos I've ever grown has smelt like hay.

Bonkers. 

I'd put 100 quid down that if you know what your doing that nothing from say dinafem will smell like hay. 

A good auto is easily comparable to  photo fems imo the only difference being you can't keep the really good ones but tbh,  it would have to be a very special fem for me to keep her anyway. 

Horses for courses but if your goal is low plant numbers, variety and a quick turn around or a number of other reasons they suit then go for it.

Perhaps if you would like to see how they have come along, have a look in the diary linked in my sig below.

12 people like this

41 minutes ago, Thai Stick said:

Yea seems like the hay smell and taste is a dominant trait.
I guess processing them into something more smokeable is a must.

A lot of improvement since 2009 but still not there.

Peace & Love

Thai Stick

This is like your talking about a different plant to what I've grown. 

It doesn't compute 

gallery_24417_11297_39198.jpg

14 people like this

35 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

This is like your talking about a different plant to what I've grown. 

It doesn't compute 

gallery_24417_11297_39198.jpg

Stunning looking plant!
Now that is the kind of improvement i was expecting to see!
Nothing like what i got. I would be lucky to say the auto bb i grew in 2009 struggled to produce even 1 half decent sized cola that was still smaller and spindlier than even 1 of your smallest colas.

Props to you! :)

Peace & Love
Thai Stick

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Thai Stick said:

Now that is the kind of improvement i was expecting to see!

That's day 65 ish from breaking soil and gave 220g of some of the nicest bud I've ever smoked in about 70 or 72 days. 

Like I say, they have their place but aren't for everyone. 

Unfortunately they don't have a place in my growroom any more but if I had to scale down I wouldn't hesitate for a second to grow a few autos. 

I used to work on the basis that an 80x80 tent with a 400w hps running 3 plants spread semi perpetually over 110 days can give you 6-700g. 

Or two plants giving 4-500g every 70 days

Efficient as fuck and ridiculously low plant numbers for a massive yeild.

I can't do that with photos........

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
3 people like this

4 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

That's day 65 ish from breaking soil and gave 220g of some of the nicest bud I've ever smoked in about 70 or 72 days. 

Like I say, they have their place but aren't for everyone. 

Unfortunately they don't have a place in my growroom any more but if I had to scale down I wouldn't hesitate for a second to grow a few autos. 

I used to work on the basis that an 80x80 tent with a 400w hps running 3 plants spread semi perpetually over 110 days can give you 6-700g. 

Or 4-500g every 70 days

Efficient as fuck and ridiculously low plant numbers for a massive yeild.

I can't do that with photos........

Very impressive figures from auto's.

You have a great green thumb that's for sure.

Peace & Love
Thai Stick