Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Top Shotta

Batshit Crazy ?!

28 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

@zen-ken is correct I believe due to massive mounds built up in caves and the other insects that live amongst it such as dung bettles etc makes the caves toxic to breathe 

Quora brought up a different result though ? lol

Back in the early 1300s, large quantities of bat guano were fed to patients in mental institutions because doctors felt it would calm their nerves due to the high concentrations of vitamin K. Unfortunately it had the opposite effect often driving the patients to the brink of insanity. They were known to go crazy. Hense the term, “bat shit crazy

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke: eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww   :puke::puke::puke::puke:

1 person likes this

Just found this after a search on urban dictionary

A person who is batshit crazy is certifiably nuts. The phrase has origins in the old fashioned term "bats in the belfry." Old churches had a structure at the top called a belfry, which housed the bells. Bats are extremely sensitive to sound and would never inhabit a belfry of an active church where the bell was rung frequently. Occasionally, when a church was abandoned and many years passed without the bell being rung, bats would eventually come and inhabit the belfry. So, when somebody said that an individual had "bats in the belfry" it meant that there was "nothing going on upstairs" (as in that person's brain). To be BATSHIT CRAZY is to take this even a step further. A person who is batshit crazy is so nuts that not only is their belfry full of bats, but so many bats have been there for so long that the belfry is coated in batshit. Hence, the craziest of crazy people are BATSHIT CRAZY.

4 people like this

The bats in the belfry is a bit like the expression, lights on but nobody is in.

As for H and G bat special, I use it for newly rooted clones with no issues whatsoever.

I do mix with a 25% ratio of worm castings also in the final pots.

Lovely soil. Rarely find more than a few twigs in there but is a pleasure to riddle it or loosen by hand in the bathtub.

I like the 25L bags of Plagron worm castings.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sorry if this has been answered but is it a good idea to start seedlings in H & G Bat special or is it better to start them in something not as strong like Plant Magic or Biobizz Lightmix?
I thought it may be a bit hot for smaller plants.

Edited by Top Shotta
1 person likes this

I prefer to start them in lightmix for the first couple of weeks then into the bat special but I have started seedlings in it before without any real issues.

If ye can though....I would start them in lightmix

1 person likes this

I used plagron batmix from seed with zero problems. No nute burn 

1 person likes this

I have two sources for batshit, my local flower market that sells for £1.25 a kilo

or

From the caves not far from my jungle land, price £FREE but i gotta treck into the caves, breathe in all those nasties and get rained on by bat piss and shit...

I take the market option!

Im not batshit crazy enough and i dont want to have to seive out dead bats, snakes and other critters! haha

Peace & Love

Thai Stick

1 person likes this

H and G batmix is fine for seedlings, just rooted clones and obviously big healthy plants also.

I've popped seeds direct into it. They sprouted.

Had no issues with it but do add worm castings. Times I've planted into straight H and G has been fine.

As for collecting batshit, be careful with that, bats live in caves for a reason. To keep the hell away from people :)

Batshit or any old shit is not good to breath in.

I'm concerned about the impact on bats as obviously there is an industry. Batshit is worth so much a ton and then gets treated by someone and suckers like us turn up to buy a kilo of batshit in a neat little plastic tub. Think I paid £5 or so for a kilo. Add that shit up.

In bat caves, the batshit is home to all manner of creatures. My fear is some rare species of bat or other creatures are being messed with just so we can add some batshit to the mix.

Human shit (treated) would work just as well. But imagine THAT smell as you open up the grow room. Farmers near me use human sewage. They plough or till then spray at night then water it down. Outdoor growers could get a few buckets of that and the plants will love it.

IF someone could take away the smell from the human sewage, pot growers would be there, cash in hand, anything that gives the plants a boost.

11 minutes ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Human shit (treated) would work just as well. But imagine THAT smell as you open up the grow room. Farmers near me use human sewage. They plough or till then spray at night then water it down. Outdoor growers could get a few buckets of that and the plants will love it.

IF someone could take away the smell from the human sewage, pot growers would be there, cash in hand, anything that gives the plants a boost.

No we wouldn't because there is a special code of practice for farmers using sewage or sludge because of the pathogens it contains 

1 person likes this

Human shit??! Who the fuck would grow in that?!

:puke:

Well don't tell the nutrient companies but I do and my shit is better than their shit if you ask me and I don't pay for my shit unless I'm eating at a restaurant that week :yes:  Nutrient mining i call it....

Regard the power of my poopie  :flex:

large.5d71324bcc69a_DSC_0085(3).jpglarge.5d713257eb319_DSC_0061(2).jpglarge.5d71325e6b9e7_DSC_0060(3).jpglarge.5d71326eb7928_DSC_0073(2).jpg

Hot compost that shit first and all you'll smell is high grade ganja :magic:

3 people like this

59 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

No we wouldn't because there is a special code of practice for farmers using sewage or sludge because of the pathogens it contains 

True, there is a code of practice, but even so, the waste is treated and deemed safe to spread on fields all over the UK. We eat food grown using the bio-solids as they call the waste. I see no reason why outdoor growers could not use this also. I'm also positive that further treatment of the human waste would make it safe to use on the allotment or even an indoors grow.

There are plenty of trials with new forms of fertilizer made from human sewage. Israeli scientists created a kind of charcoal from it plus a bio fuel also. We'd not be using slurry but more akin to pellets. Slurry is way cheaper than chemical fertilizer but advancements will see a cleaner form of the fertilizer.

Years ago people would leave their shit to be collected for spreading on local fields. I mean in Ye Old Days.

Of course, human waste is not natural as it contains meds/chemicals. Then again, so does livestock.

If I had the chance to get some of the human waste pellets, I'd not see any harm in it. The pathogens have been killed off or laying them in a farm field finishes what is left. We've been using slurry for a long time and nobody is reporting any health concerns. The slurry or sludge is liquid form and disgusting. Even so, if you put some down then cannabis would thrive.

Humanshit Crazy ? 
May need to start a new topic :rofl: