Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

autofruit

Autos that smell/taste most like Grapefruit?

46 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, H + H2O said:

I was going to suggest the daiquiri lime.

It's definitely got sour citrus dominant terps, it does get large though so be warned and mine ran over 100 days.

All the best. :yinyang:

Edit to add: just noticed I'm a bit late to the party, I blame reading posts on my phone outside with the sun in my eyes, not that I was too stoned to date check the OP. Haha

Yea it took around 100 for me too! One of the reasons im trying photos atm lol, Was nice though!

1 person likes this

Most teas don't feed the plant,they are adding microbes etc to help break down the nutrients that you've put in the soil.If going in small pots you'd be better off using bottled nutes or will run into underfeeding probs within a few weeks of flower.

15 hours ago, j.a.g said:

Most teas don't feed the plant,they are adding microbes etc to help break down the nutrients that you've put in the soil.If going in small pots you'd be better off using bottled nutes or will run into underfeeding probs within a few weeks of flower.

Could i top dress towards the end? I will be using Diastatic malt barley flour and bokashi bran in my mix to help break everything down. Could i add that to some worm casting and water it in when needed?

Will probably use Seaweed extract (if it doesn't affect microheard) along the way along with bio silicon which is safe for compost. Would the seaweed extract mean it uses less of the nutrients from the soil? Im gonna use seaweed meal in my mix too but i love the extract's results :)

Give it a try mate but have some bottled nutes on hand in case they're needed.From experience,those pots are too small to have no bottled nute feeds.Seaweed extract is great stuff but I  stopped using it in flower many years ago as didn't like the taste of the end product

female seeds iced grapefruit  First chopped very distinct blackcurrant taste,No noticeable smell,One year in the jar very distinct fresh grapefruit smell,and the blackcurrant taste has changed to a mixed fruit taste and the blackcurrant isn't as distinct.  

mate I notice you say 

I will be using Diastatic malt barley flour and bokashi bran in my mix to help break everything down.

sounds like you are you using it as a compost accelerator, Is that not a bit risky as It would cause the compost to heat up in your pots?  

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, j.a.g said:

Give it a try mate but have some bottled nutes on hand in case they're needed.From experience,those pots are too small to have no bottled nute feeds.Seaweed extract is great stuff but I  stopped using it in flower many years ago as didn't like the taste of the end product

Yea got some old timer grow/bloom as backup! What did you taste different after using seaweed extract in flower?

16 hours ago, Jimboo said:

female seeds iced grapefruit  First chopped very distinct blackcurrant taste,No noticeable smell,One year in the jar very distinct fresh grapefruit smell,and the blackcurrant taste has changed to a mixed fruit taste and the blackcurrant isn't as distinct.  

mate I notice you say 

sounds like you are you using it as a compost accelerator, Is that not a bit risky as It would cause the compost to heat up in your pots?  

Hey Jimbo! Well i was planning to add the bokashi to my flowering mix while its cooking to get it ready in 4 weeks, then maybe add a bit more with top dress feeding. Would this not be a good idea? and im assuming the malted barley flower is fine? 

1 person likes this

I'm growing a 6 week old fruit automatic from dinafem which has nice spicy grapefruit smell. Lots of growers on the dinafem site have commented on the taste and smell and might be one to consider if you decide to grow grapefruit pheno auto's again. 

2 people like this

Flower were harsh and burned with very dark ash,prob excess k and mag but was a good few years ago so cant remember exactly what was wrong with the taste.

On 31/05/2020 at 7:28 AM, j.a.g said:

Not sure were you get this from? Nettle tea is one of the strongest nitrogen feeds you can give a plant. Comfrey, Seaweed, tea ect are all good organic feeds that feed plant not microbes as your saying. A lot of people don't feed enough but that's not the feed. It's hard to over feed but not under feed with these organic tea feed.

2 people like this

Yeah your right Brock,had act's,not nutrient teas in my head with my answer.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, j.a.g said:

Yeah your right Brock,had act's,not nutrient teas in my head with my answer.

You are right in a way to. You need to know what tea your using because a lot of commercial compost teas ect are a little feed, lot's off sugars to feed microbes and irrigation. My opinions on such feed is is not feed it's a microbe stimulant to promote root growth. Best to just inoculate young roots with mycarysal. My one exception would be a late flowering banana tea feed to help soak up and feed in the pot. This can be a weak organic tea feed. Banana tea takes a long time to make anyway (3-6 months) so fresh it's really week.

2 people like this

Grapefruit is a legendary strain... The best way to experience it would be to grape the original photo period strain definitely worth it if that's what your after!

Had some grapefruit of a guy who worked at my local head shop... He grew it in soil fed with chicken manure and bat guano and I swear to god it was unbelievable...

Had people acting like crackhead trying to get a joint of me it was that good...

1 person likes this

I wonder if the commercial teas have the awful smells that the home-made versions have.I used to make comfrey tea but after having a bottle explode while fermenting and covering the garage in its stench I stopped!I love comfrey and is a great soil amendment for flower.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, j.a.g said:

I wonder if the commercial teas have the awful smells that the home-made versions have.I used to make comfrey tea but after having a bottle explode while fermenting and covering the garage in its stench I stopped!I love comfrey and is a great soil amendment for flower.

try adding EM1 to the tea's mate .It tames the smells significantly imho

13 hours ago, f0rkhandl3s said:

I'm growing a 6 week old fruit automatic from dinafem which has nice spicy grapefruit smell. Lots of growers on the dinafem site have commented on the taste and smell and might be one to consider if you decide to grow grapefruit pheno auto's again. 

Nearly grew that buy choose tooth decay instead, yea ill keep in mind incase i do autos in future! cheers

13 hours ago, j.a.g said:

Flower were harsh and burned with very dark ash,prob excess k and mag but was a good few years ago so cant remember exactly what was wrong with the taste.

Ah right hopefully it was down to the brand, would be interesting to do a side by side taste test!

10 hours ago, Whambud said:

Grapefruit is a legendary strain... The best way to experience it would be to grape the original photo period strain definitely worth it if that's what your after!

Had some grapefruit of a guy who worked at my local head shop... He grew it in soil fed with chicken manure and bat guano and I swear to god it was unbelievable...

Had people acting like crackhead trying to get a joint of me it was that good...

Yea i got Dinafems Grapefruit seeds on the way man! im confident its gonna be what iv been looking for :yep:

2 people like this