Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
highway_017

Cupboard DIY

Posted (edited)

Hey again, checking in for some help and advice, Working with an under stairs style cupboard, It's roughly 5ft deep by 3ft wide and at the tallest point it's 8ft and smallest point 5ft, I did the Math rounding everything up to give some headroom, the space has a volume of 3.75m3, so would need extraction of 300m3/h

A 4 inch rhino fan advertises as being able to provide us a healthy 420m3/h, if true this would more than cover my space, right?

Thanks all.

Edited by highway_017
Cleaning up some mistakes.

Oh, didn't finish off the title, Moderator if you come across this can you change the title to "Cupboard DIY - Fan Questions"
or something of the likes, thank you much obliged :yinyang:

Posted (edited)

In my very limited expierence, go for a 6 inch fan,

I am currently running a Hydor 100 on medium speed, 194m3/h and its quite loud.

Afaik a 6 inch fan running on a low speed will be quieter than a 4 inch fan on high speed and move as much air.

Also going by the math, you will need roughly 340m3/h assuming you are running 1 light

I use this site sometime, you just have to convert cfm into m3/h http://www.phreshfilter.com/tools/cfm-calculator

Edited by Subutai
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Subutai said:

In my very limited expierence, go for a 6 inch fan,

I am currently running a Hydor 100 on medium speed, 194m3/h and its quite loud.

Afaik a 6 inch fan running on a low speed will be quieter than a 4 inch fan on high speed and move as much air.

Also going by the math, you will need roughly 340m3/h assuming you are running 1 light

I use this site sometime, you just have to convert cfm into m3/h http://www.phreshfilter.com/tools/cfm-calculator

@SubutaiThanks for the reply and advice! I will bite the bullet and go in for a six inch system, any experience with RVK filters and fans?

1 person likes this

Not really mate, currently on my first grow, but i am mad into research so read everything i can find on growing lol.

I just bought a 6 inch Fan today off Ebay, for £25 and i think its RVK but not sure, i collected it locally and just plugged it in to make sure its working

Have a look on ebay, and gumtree you would be surprised how much grow equipment is being sold very cheaply

16 minutes ago, highway_017 said:

@SubutaiThanks for the reply and advice! I will bite the bullet and go in for a six inch system, any experience with RVK filters and fans?

if you're going with a systemair 150mm A1 rvk fan, i know that that pairs with a carboair 330mm 50mm bed carbon filter.