Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

pothead22

FEMALE SEEDS Grow Battle Competition - Iced Grapefruit

23 posts in this topic

Hi all. Female seeds have allowed me to take part in their compeition. I have chosen the "Iced grapefruit", I did struggle picking a strain to be honest but after a quick google I found this the most appealing. 

They will all be grown in coco using - canna coco A + B

Liquid seaweed 

Pk/14 

Calmag (if needed).

Final pots will be 8ltr fabric pots.

Ps. Seeds aren't actually here yet just thought I'd start a thread now so i can crack straight on. (Pics to follow)

8 people like this

@pothead22 First in so i'll be keeping an eye on this one. I loved the Iced Grapefruit and you're sure to enjoy it too.

All the best. :yep:

1 person likes this

@Amnesia Thanks man, you too. First comp Ive ever been, doubt il make it anywhere lol Have you got any pics of the one you done? I was stuck between this and them chem og I think it was..I read somewhere on here the chem og can be very funny with ec and ph

2 people like this

2 hours ago, pothead22 said:

Have you got any pics of the one you done?

Here was one of them i grew. No issues growing them and grew out more than once >

gallery_46705_2371_555192.jpggallery_46705_4338_766918.jpg

8 people like this

@Amnesia hats off to you..very nice. Looks to be a very big yielder too?

Best of luck. I have some IG beans in the fridge, so I look forward to this:-D

2 people like this

I nearly went for these my self.. look fwd to seeing how she grows :smokin:

1 person likes this

enjoy the competition ,you chose a great strain for it ..best of luck .

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

DAY 1

Evening..Today was the the day my seeds arrived, very excited to say the least @Female Seeds Team

large.20190827_202723-2016x980.jpg

I will be making a template for this grow diary to show my ec, temps, ph etc..just not needed as of now as I don't measure those yet.

First off grabbed a 1ltr jug, added about 2ml of rootjuice and 4 jiffy pellets to soak up for 20 minutes.

large.20190827_203553-980x2016.jpg

Dug my trusty humidity domes out, gently placed the four seeds into the pellets, stuck a label on the dome and right under the quantum board it went.

large.20190827_210606-980x2016.jpg

Also as of now they are sitting on a shoebox lid lol I have bought a new veg tent just specially for these, very small one 50x50x100cm and a 65w quantum board will follow..means then 150w can go to veg my other clones etc

large.20190827_210620-2016x980.jpg

First updates are never really that fascinating I guess but thanks for looking, take care :yep:

Edited by pothead22
4 people like this

12 hours ago, pothead22 said:

DAY 1

Evening..Today was the the day my seeds arrived, very excited to say the least @Female Seeds Team

large.20190827_202723-2016x980.jpg

I will be making a template for this grow diary to show my ec, temps, ph etc..just not needed as of now as I don't measure those yet.

First off grabbed a 1ltr jug, added about 2ml of rootjuice and 4 jiffy pellets to soak up for 20 minutes.

large.20190827_203553-980x2016.jpg

Dug my trusty humidity domes out, gently placed the four seeds into the pellets, stuck a label on the dome and right under the quantum board it went.

large.20190827_210606-980x2016.jpg

Also as of now they are sitting on a shoebox lid lol I have bought a new veg tent just specially for these, very small one 50x50x100cm and a 65w quantum board will follow..means then 150w can go to veg my other clones etc

large.20190827_210620-2016x980.jpg

First updates are never really that fascinating I guess but thanks for looking, take care :yep:

Great news @pothead22 :D, really happy to hear about it.

Wish you all the best with the competition, I am sure we will all have quite some fun around here ;)

Take care and good luck again,

Cheers,
Mr B.

1 person likes this

@pothead22 A Nice detailed start to the diary, all the best and good luck. :lucky:

1 person likes this

DAY 5

Light Schedule - 18/6

PH - 5.8

EC - 0.3

Temp lights on - 28

Temp light off – 19

Good evening all just a quick little update. I will be starting all my post off with a template like the one above..helps me keep track of my own feeds etc for these as I have a few other strains running to and can be forgetful. Anyways..good news all around the 4 seeds I placed inside the jiffys 5 days ago have all sprouted well above now. I have removed them from the dome but haven't potted them on yet.

large.20190901_170050-3024x1470.jpg

Can just see the roots popping out of one or two of the jiffys :thumsup:.  They all seem pretty healthy. I will be leaving them in the pellets for a week at least just to prevent any over watering which I have struggled with sometimes in the past...basically now I use a 100ml syringe every watering when the pellets start to dry up a little bit but not completely. Also not too happy with my lights off temp..have been tempted to buy a heat mat just not sure it would have enough punch. 

Thanks for looking, more photos will follow soon in the next few days was just wanting to get this up straight away...they were actually all above the pellets yesterday which is around 4 days from being put in there, very quick indeed. 

Edited by pothead22
4 people like this

Great germination mate, good luck with the grow and comp ;)

I'll be growing Iced Grapefruit in soil so will be good to see how yours do in coco :yep:

1 person likes this

:clapping:congrats on the little ones @pothead22 All nice and uniform, perfect. :yep:

1 person likes this

DAY 9

Light Schedule - 18/6

PH - 5.8

EC - 0.3

Temp lights on - 26

Temp light off – 18

@Amnesia very uniform indeed :yep:

@jadenugs thanks for stopping by and are you in living soil?

Quick update..they are all doing very well up to now.

Previously in the past I have bad problems with early veg and always a lockout of some kind which would never be fixed till later on in veg so here is my theory. Upon searching most people regard 0.4 ec > hard water and below 0.4 ec is basically soft water but this isnt actually a true telling for your waterhardness as its pretty much the calcium content and mag, mainly calcium?

Anyways looked up my water supllier and my water is considered "slightly hard" so checked the water quality report and it contains an average of 107 mg/l upto 150 which when I compare this reading to a conversion chart ive found online its classed as "hard water" and I have been using soft water nutrients going by EC measurent. This is where Ive been going wrong.. im sure of it with soft water nutes having more ca and mg and this is what could be causing these early problems? I know this isnt really the place to post this but theres quite a few knowldegable people in here already and just wondering if this makes sense at all? :wallbash:

Repotted into 7cm square pots , all seem to be loving the Quantum board.

large.20190904_101421-3024x1470.jpg

Thanks for looking, take care.

4 people like this