Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jw14660

Why are most of my plants still droopy?? Help please (Pics included)

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 14/08/2019 at 11:22 PM, FatBoy77 said:

Your plants are pale as fuck. Up the feed big time you pussy! 

2 litres of runoff seems well overboard, I wouldn't do that in coco. You are mini flushing every water. No good for soil dude, neither is the extra perlite. 

Why are you ph'ing in soil? 

You haven't mentioned temps. Cold temps will make plants droop. 

On 14/08/2019 at 11:12 PM, thekingofobsolete said:

i cant answer this as why i said watering is the biggest hurdle to jump !!!! all i can say is leave them until the pots feel extremely light !!! but what ever u do dont let them wilt....  im not there see am i.   good luck......   ps leave one plant go half a day longer than others use it as a gauge :yep:    watering issues affect dope plants in many different ways. :skin_up:

On 14/08/2019 at 10:41 PM, kronic420 said:

Probably over watered but up your feed them plants look seriously hungry 

On 14/08/2019 at 8:44 PM, JJJ said:

Are you sure your moisture probe is working correctly?  I had one that told me the soil was dry a few hours after watering.  Lifting the pots is a better way IMO.  They should feel pretty light when it's time to water.

On 14/08/2019 at 10:24 PM, Inspiration101 said:

Feel the soil.  Lift the pots.

If wet just give them a nice sleep for 6h, they will stand to attention.

Possibly overwatered, let them dry right out, get to learn the weight of your pots.

So, they have now not been watered for 4 days (see picture below).  The moisture metres again say the soil is dry, the pots feel light, and the leaves have become even more droopy, and started to turn pale.  

I assume now they are underwatered and need watering?  At no point did the leaves pick up and become not droopy.   Any more ideas? 
large_tday.jpg

Edited by jw14660

Temps and food if your in soil dude. Looking like cold water feed, cold roots and being starved to death. 

8 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

Temps and food if your in soil dude. Looking like cold water feed, cold roots and being starved to death. 

I usually water them with water that is between 24-27 degrees C.  So I'll try upping the nutrients.  

I was just always under the impression to be very careful with autos and nutrients.  However, I have a very powerful light which has lead to very thick plants as you can see, so maybe they're not getting enough nutrients.

Don't know a fucking thing about auto's dude, but I know a hungry plant when i see one.

1 person likes this

Plant magic Grow is probably like Biobizz Grow, slow release. Get some Bio bizz fish mix and they'll get their colour back quick time. Your plants looked overwatered, recovery from this isn't instantaneous. You've now let them probably dry out too much but because they already look overwatered it's hard to tell visually.

Potting up in stages helps avoid the problems your having now.

Cold roots is my next best guess.

What's the temperatures at ground level when lights on and off ?

8 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

Cold roots is my next best guess.

What's the temperatures at ground level when lights on and off ?

Temps at ground level are 25 degrees when on and 24 when off

could be a bad batch of coco or soil  

if they dont perk up try repotting them in a new batch of whatever medium you are using,,

26 minutes ago, dill786 said:

if they dont perk up try repotting them in a new batch of whatever medium you are using,,

I could try that.  Only issue is they are autos so don't like being reported:(

30 minutes ago, dill786 said:

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, jw14660 said:

try re-potting just the one then..

see how it goes

Edited by dill786

When i used to grow autos in soil i would soak the pot first then sometimes leave it weeks intill all the roots have spread and used up all the remaining moisture in the soil

Have you tried lifting or dimming your light source? 

If it is really intense all the time, it can come across as over/under watering, lockout, cal def etc. 

Unless everything else is running smoothly, i have found too much light from the retina burning LEDs to hinder growth. 

Good luck! :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Looks like over watering to me. They're a mess because it's been happening for a while. If you're in soil they shouldn't need feeding before flower usually, or not much anyway. They're yellowing and loosing their colour due to the over watering. 

In my. Opinion in soil, over watering isn't just caused by constantly being soaking wet but you can do it by totally drowning em in one go too. 

In soil you don't want to water to run off. Run off = you way over did it. That's how coco growers water. Not how soil growers should water. Little and often is the key. I water virtually every day in soil and if it takes 2 days for the surface to dry out I know I over did it. You have to be really careful watering in soil and plastic pots. If you're struggling then fabric or air pots make it much harder to over water. 

Edit: just noticed you're in fabric pots. Impressive that they look like that in them!

The fix is to just get the watering right for a good while. It'll take em a long time to bounce back from a mess like that. That plant is mostly destroyed already. They won't just pick up after a couple of days from that. If you leave em to go dry as a bone they'll just dehydrate and get even worse. That isn't going to fix the damage from over watering. 

Light stress BTW the plant looks exactly how you'd imagine it to if it was getting blasted by too much sun. They twist their leaves and bend downwards and shit to avoid the light. They droop too but the leaf twisting to reduce the surface area getting hit by the light is the most obvious symptom. 

Edited by Sargares
3 people like this

Get a temp probe in the pot. I reckon they are getting too cold and not recovering from the shock

1 person likes this