Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dirk_Diggler147

Plugging In

Just got one of these lights, looks awesome and it nearly blinded me testing it! :D

The light it is replacing has one plug which I plug into a timer. This new light has two plugs so I was wondering how I should go about connecting them both to the timer?

The timer is already in a extension 6-gang cable so I am not sure if connecting a double socket to that would cause overloads and is maybe not safe?

Thanks and sorry if this is basics :) 

Posted (edited)

A sockets maximum load is 13Amp so that’s around 3000w maximum. 

(UK)

Cant help with your other questions :smokin:

Edited by MidlandGrow
1 person likes this

@MidlandGrow Thanks!

I think it will be fine then as all of the devices don't add up to that, I was worried that by adding an extension to the 6-gang (effectively making it a 7-gang) it would over load it.

For future searchers. Google below if you want less plugs.

"ip67 t-piece cable connector"

Just make sure you tin/crimp any stranded wire ends, if you dont reuse the ones we supplied.

2 people like this