Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
itsmeithink

new fan needed advice please

Posted (edited)

im in need of a new extractor fan for my tent 1m x 1m x 2m.

i used a rvk before and it was quite noisy even in a mdf box.

has anyone on here used or tried these :

i have an ecotechnics controller to use so  i can't really stretch for the new ec silencer fans yet at £600+.

any other fans i should be looking at please

Edited by Joolz
ebay link

1 hour ago, itsmeithink said:

im in need of a new extractor fan for my tent 1m x 1m x 2m.

i used a rvk before and it was quite noisy even in a mdf box.

has anyone on here used or tried these :

i have an ecotechnics controller to use so  i can't really stretch for the new ec silencer fans yet at £600+.

any other fans i should be looking at please

eBay number:  202716968462

i've been looking at ec fans myself. ive seen 6" hyperfans for about £160, no idea if they are much kop mind.

@ison 6" isn't necessary for that tent size, 5" will be fine if cost was an issue. We've the same size tent, my 5" fan for flowering had on 50% capacity & 4" intake 70% and no issues. Even during the 3 day heatwave only at 60%. And it vents out via 6 to 7 meters of ducting. Whilst extra ventilation capacity always welcome it's not needed especially growing under LED. Might be a different story under HPS.

large.Capture.JPG

It's pretty quiet. Mine is in loft and at low speed had put my ear to it to check working. They also do a 6" version.

large.Capture.JPG

Only thing that's noisy is cheap 4" intake fan from A****n. Certainly replace it with 4" version of above when finances permit :)  Best wishes mate :yep:

1 person likes this

Im using a 6 inch hyper fan currently, haven’t used any other fan before so cant compare it to anything but its plenty quiet enough, can only hear it when I'm in the same room as the tent. Running at no more than 50% unless temps are crazy

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Poisonata said:

@ison 6" isn't necessary for that tent size, 5" will be fine if cost was an issue. We've the same size tent, my 5" fan for flowering had on 50% capacity & 4" intake 70% and no issues. Even during the 3 day heatwave only at 60%. And it vents out via 6 to 7 meters of ducting. Whilst extra ventilation capacity always welcome it's not needed especially growing under LED. Might be a different story under HPS.

large.Capture.JPG

It's pretty quiet. Mine is in loft and at low speed had put my ear to it to check working. They also do a 6" version.

large.Capture.JPG

Only thing that's noisy is cheap 4" intake fan from A****n. Certainly replace it with 4" version of above when finances permit :)  Best wishes mate :yep:

it's more planning ahead really. the bigger the fan the lower speed it can be run so less racket, also today's exhaust is tomorrow's intake fan - onwards and upwards, ever onwards and upwards.

1 person likes this