Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


spliffas

Need help with lights! Urgent!

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello, need help!

 

I am on a budget and gonna run 90cm x 60cm x 160cm tent with probably 8 girls in 2gal pots and I want max I can get. I need somewhat round 400gr per harvest.

 

Let's say my max budget about 150£. 

 

I can get VIPARSPECTRA V600 which is 250Watts for 90-100 quid, plus I have another vipar R300 (~120Watt) and I got around 0.8g per watt on my first run with vipar and loads of fails, so...

 

I started looking to those cheap COB's, one's on amazon Hipargero 800W which doesn't cost too much too... Good reviews and so, but I am afraid that vipar can perform better (good reviews and my results too). 

 

I was looking at qbs but 240Watts qb are too expensive atm, maybe for next grow or smth like that...

 

Or maybe it's possible to build something by myself quickly and more efficient ant silent for that amount of money? 

 

Thank you people!!!

 

Edited by Owderb
Spam link removed

Share this post


Link to post

Possibly help you out here as I use the Hipargero 800W albeit first grow but I've achieved respectable results so far if you want to take a look in my grow diary.

 

Lights certainly don't run warm, little noticeable heat when run in either veg / flower modes. Run both modes together heat becomes noticeable. And likely suited for your size of tent, only criticism of lights is coverage slightly too small for 1m x 1m tent. They are powerful, plants pray when within 12 inches of lights. Best aspect is power consumption, hardly noticeable on my power bill. Expecting the worst, huge increase...but no :)

 

Hope that helps :yep:

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Off topic slightly, why so many plants in a relatively small space. Two gallon pots (9 litre), 8 plants you'll be struggling for room. I'd suggest in such a space growing less plants well will give significantly more yield than many plants badly. What strain did you have in mind ?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

The going rate with QBs/DIYLEDUK kits is £1 per watt.  For an additional £40-50 our site sponsor could put something together for you to match your space requirements.  A good investment - trust me...:yep:

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, JJJ said:

The going rate with QBs/DIYLEDUK kits is £1 per watt.  For an additional £40-50 our site sponsor could put something together for you to match your space requirements.  A good investment - trust me...:yep:

 

Agree entirely with @JJJ saying here, in time when I upgrade to larger tent I'll be deploying QBs, they are the way forward for many reasons. Just mindful of the fact you mentioned you were on a budget and for me, budget means stick to it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Can you fit 8 2 gallon/10 litre pots into that space?

If you've only got 150 quid max and only want around 400g why not stick to sodium? If you want best possible quality and yield from the new diodes it will cost you more than the 150, but be worth it.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Can you fit 8 2 gallon/10 litre pots into that space?

If you've only got 150 quid max and only want around 400g why not stick to sodium? If you want best possible quality and yield from the new diodes it will cost you more than the 150, but be worth it.

 

 

PEOPLE!!! I did 110gr dried with vipra R300 and 1.5 plant failed, so I believe it was possible to take 150gr dried!!! 

 

Why 8? I did 4 in 50 x 50 x 100 cm tent and what I needed most was height. And I'm going 12/12 all the way, my circumstances changed, I started wit 3 plants 12/12 and now I want to put 5 more AK47 auto (they recommend to grow them 12/12 as well)....

 

HID is shit, I grown under 600W HPS and my results wasn't even near what I am getting with vipar (quality and so), + temps, no ballasts and I think that HID lighting is past. :)

 

So I am almost sure that with ~380 watts of vipars I will be able to get 350gr dried easily, but I am thinking, that maybe if I put +30 quid for that hipargero I could recieve those results easier and wanted to try COB, BUT vipaspectra I tried and I like it.

 

Yeah, QB, I am interested, but pricey. I can get now vipar or that another one, after this grow sell those and buy a QB or even build a COB or smth...

 

I am interested in approx g per watts of hipargero, as I know that vipar can give me 1g per 1watt, if done corectly - even more. Yeah, it lacks of penetration, but trust me, those r damn good lamps for a price. 

 

budget is limited, I may consider QB, but only 240W at least and then sell my vipar forever, but 240W costs money, so...

 

btw I have some growing skills, I know what's possible what's not just want to know which way would be easier!

 

And viparspectra delivers very good results for the money, trust me. :))

 

 

Edited by spliffas
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, spliffas said:

 

 

PEOPLE!!! I did 110gr dried with vipra R300 and 1.5 plant failed, so I believe it was possible to take 150gr dried!!! 

 

Why 8? I did 4 in 50 x 50 x 100 cm tent and what I needed most was height. And I'm going 12/12 all the way, my circumstances changed, I started wit 3 plants 12/12 and now I want to put 5 more AK47 auto (they recommend to grow them 12/12 as well)....

 

HID is shit, I grown under 600W HPS and my results wasn't even near what I am getting with vipar (quality and so), + temps, no ballasts and I think that HID lighting is past. :)

 

So I am almost sure that with ~380 watts of vipars I will be able to get 350gr dried easily, but I am thinking, that maybe if I put +30 quid for that hipargero I could recieve those results easier and wanted to try COB, BUT vipaspectra I tried and I like it.

 

Yeah, QB, I am interested, but pricey. I can get now vipar or that another one, after this grow sell those and buy a QB or even build a COB or smth...

 

I am interested in approx g per watts of hipargero, as I know that vipar can give me 1g per 1watt, if done corectly - even more. Yeah, it lacks of penetration, but trust me, those r damn good lamps for a price. 

 

budget is limited, I may consider QB, but only 240W at least and then sell my vipar forever, but 240W costs money, so...

 

btw I have some growing skills, I know what's possible what's not just want to know which way would be easier!

 

And viparspectra delivers very good results for the money, trust me. :))

 

 

This fills me with so much hope knowing that I am putting 4 Plants into 75x75x180 space under a 300w Vipar (plan is to buy another 300 to start/finish flower) then upgrade whats needed after first harvest.

Still need to figure out pot size probably going to go for 5Ls or 6.5Ls

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Top Shotta said:

This fills me with so much hope knowing that I am putting 4 Plants into 75x75x180 space under a 300w Vipar (plan is to buy another 300 to start/finish flower) then upgrade whats needed after first harvest.

Still need to figure out pot size probably going to go for 5Ls or 6.5Ls

 

If you have vipra R or V 300 it's actual watts about 120... In your size tent I'd go with 3gal pots + more lighting (if it's R or V 300) 

 

Damn, still not sure what to do :D there's good deal on ebay now vipar DS600 for 100 quid. :/

 

And I need to sort this out in max 7 days...

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, spliffas said:

 

If you have vipra R or V 300 it's actual watts about 120... In your size tent I'd go with 3gal pots + more lighting (if it's R or V 300) 

 

Damn, still not sure what to do :D there's good deal on ebay now vipar DS600 for 100 quid. :/

 

And I need to sort this out in max 7 days...

It is reflector series 
You said you had 110g dry with 1 Vipar R300? If I had another or even a 600 to add (900w idk actual draw 360ish) would that be good?
I got advised by @lildaveham on here who has same size of tent and has been testing between 2/7 plants for 4 years and he told me that 4 plants in 6.5L pots in that space gives best results for him.

I could probably fit 4x11L Air Pruning pots or some different pot in there but it would be a tight squeeze 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Top Shotta said:

It is reflector series 
You said you had 110g dry with 1 Vipar R300? If I had another or even a 600 to add (900w idk actual draw 360ish) would that be good?
I got advised by @lildaveham on here who has same size of tent and has been testing between 2/7 plants for 4 years and he told me that 4 plants in 6.5L pots in that space gives best results for him.

I could probably fit 4x11L Air Pruning pots or some different pot in there but it would be a tight squeeze 

 

 

I had +15w china led strips in the corners, but nothing too special, my one plant failed, so I got only 15 of dried off it, another AK kicked around 45-50 when dried. :) and another two just split what's left, but they had problems. In my size of tent with 1m height 2gal was exactly what I was looking for, but I'd go with 3gal if I'd have space and it depends for how long u gonna veg them, now I am doing 12/12 and I see what yelds I will get, I am doing LST all the way and a little of prune / defol (a little) and I was considering leaving y vipar + DS600 or this one COB...

 

or maybe somewhat different.

 

vipars are safe, vipars gives you good results, and vipars are full spectrum 12 bands.

 

I am lost, people :/

Share this post


Link to post

Please stop posting links to Amazon and ebay

 

Thanks

 

Owd

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, spliffas said:

and now I want to put 5 more AK47 auto (they recommend to grow them 12/12 as well)....

 

7 hours ago, spliffas said:

HID is shit, I grown under 600W HPS and my results wasn't even near what I am getting with vipar

What a load of horse shit...:thumbdown:

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, JJJ said:

 

What a load of horse shit...:thumbdown:

 

 

 

Grow the Auto AK on a 12/12 schedule to fully reap the rewards

 

better stay silent if you don't know what to say.

 

I tried both -HPS and LED, and I even tried CFL. And HPS was the shittiest results on quality. 

 

 

Edited by Owderb
Link removed again

Share this post


Link to post

sorry for double post, now people who have QB - 240 watt can do 400gr easily? I just got my wage and I believe I can afford spending 50-70 extra more if it's achievable. Any options where and what to buy?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now