Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Greenlittlefingers

Gorilla breath & em dog grow (first diary)

35 posts in this topic

large.image.jpegHi folks, I thought I would give a diary a try to hopefully get everything running smoothly.

I'm so glad I found this place cos I was about ready to give up after a couple of disasters!

Things are going better now but soooo much to learn.

I am already a couple of weeks into it so don't have pics from the start but I'll try and keep it going from here.

Im growing 2 X gorilla breath and 2 X Dr greenthumbs Em-dog (both HSO)

Drobe is 900mm X 900mm X 2.1M

4 inch rvk with vortex carbon filter

scope 375 by diyleduk for the light

compost 

probably plant magic nutrients

I'll try and let the photos do most of the talking from here.

All advice welcome :cowboy:

4 people like this

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpegThis is my space. I need to get the cables tidied up but apart from that I'm fairly happy with it.

2 people like this

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

this is is how they are looking. There is 2 chilli plants at the moment that will get moved to a windowsill when they get a bit bigger.

2 people like this

I had some germination issues. I was worried that the propagater would cook them so didn't use it. Would this cause issues?

This ones baby leaves never opened. I tried to moisten them to help it along but didn't help. It got going eventually but I reckon it slowed it down by maybe a week.

large.image.jpeg

4 people like this

Good luck mucka..Can`t go far wrong with HSO from what ive seen and read Dr greenthumbs Em-dog sounds intresting..tidy looking setup

2 people like this

Cheers frank71 

I potted up the first gorilla breath today so got a couple of pics.

I forgot to say the seeds were started in jiffy pellets, then 1.6litre pots with biobizz light mix and final 15litre with biobizz allmix.

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

3 people like this

Really nice to see a few more HSO grows up and running on UK420  ;)

Best of luck with your HSO adventure @Greenlittlefingers:yep:

Your off to a flying start with 2 amazing HSO strains  :bong:

Let's see what you can do my friend  :headbang:

Best of luck I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Thanks for looking in @HSO-Mark

I'm new to this so feel free to point out my mistakes:mellow:

I nearly had to bin the grow due to unforeseen circumstances but they have made it this far so hopefully...

:cowboy:

1 person likes this

Hello again, my internets been down for a while so I'll get this up to date now.

I found one pic from early on so I've stuck it in.large.image.jpeg

I got everything potted up over a few days....large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

Gb2 was the last one to get into its final pot on 16th August large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

This is the one that struggled the most at the start, the leaves have 4 fingers each at one node and 5&7 at the next one up. She is showing some character this one. :cowboy:

Edited by Greenlittlefingers
Wrong date
2 people like this

I hadn't planned on doing any topping, training etc but because they were quite different sizes I decided to top the larger 2 plants Ed1 & Gb1 on the 18th

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

And this is them altogether...large.image.jpeg

I had to go away unexpectedly the day after and didn't know how long I would be gone so I was seriously considering just ditching the grow!

I decided to take a chance in the end so gave everything a really slow long water and left them to it.:cowboy:

2 people like this

So it turned out I wasn't gone long at all. The problem is that the pots are still heavy after 9 days now and the compost has gone green on the top! I don't know if this is the start of a big problem??

Temps have been 28 & 24 

Humidity up in the 90's some days:mellow:

Ive been turning the extraction up full pelt for a few hours each day to try and dry them out!

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

I think Gb1 & Ed1 should be ready for a water tomorrow and without knowing wtf I'm doing I was going to scrape the green stuff off and top up the compost! It's guess work from me but time will tell.

2 people like this

On 27/08/2019 at 5:36 PM, Greenlittlefingers said:

So it turned out I wasn't gone long at all. The problem is that the pots are still heavy after 9 days now and the compost has gone green on the top! I don't know if this is the start of a big problem??

Temps have been 28 & 24 

Humidity up in the 90's some days:mellow:

Ive been turning the extraction up full pelt for a few hours each day to try and dry them out!

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

I think Gb1 & Ed1 should be ready for a water tomorrow and without knowing wtf I'm doing I was going to scrape the green stuff off and top up the compost! It's guess work from me but time will tell.

The green forming on the top surface does look like "algae" which typically is a sign of over watering  :yep:

My advice would be to lighty turn over the top layer to break up the algae, then reduce waterings or chance to "bottom" feeding ;)

Algae won't harm your plant's but it could cause nutrient issues and issues with water uptake  :yep: it could cause root issues also so I would try to get on top of this my friend  :bong:

I'll keep dropping in to see how your doing mate :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

2 people like this

Thanks for the advice @HSO-Mark 

I haven't looked at bottom feeding yet. I'll need to have a read up.:cowboy:

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Greenlittlefingers said:

Thanks for the advice @HSO-Mark 

I haven't looked at bottom feeding yet. I'll need to have a read up.:cowboy:

Pretty simple mate. You use a catch tray like you have now, fill that with water and let the roots drink from below ;)

Plenty of info on site my friend  :bong:

If you need any help I'm only a pm away  :yep:

We'll get you back on track mate :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Spot on cheers @HSO-Mark

Things are looking better today I think.:smokin:

Day 1 12/12

I gave them 12 hours dark last night so into flower today.

5 weeks from planting seeds.

I ruffled up the algae on all 4 pots and topped up with compost.

Gb1 &Ed1 felt light enough to water so they got a light water with 2ml per L plant magic grow.

Some yellowing on the lower leaves of Gb1 so I reckon they must be hungry.

That was 11 days between watering and the smaller 2 are still heavy.:mellow:

Ive turned the light up to about 75% as well.large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

2 people like this