Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kush123

Pressure compensating drippers help

Posted (edited)

Alright Guys, I’ve got an automated feeding system set up feeding 8 plants. I currently just run 8 4mm lines one to each plant with no dripper attached. I use a Hailea hx 4500  pump which is 2000l/h. I was looking at adding 2 or 3 pcd’s to each line so 2 in each pot to help saturate the coco better. I was just wondering which type does anyone use you can get 2l/h, 4l/h, 8l/h which seems quite low or you can get up to 40l/h. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

I forgot to mention each line gives 600ml a minute which is 36l/h. So if I add two 20l/h pcd’s to each line is that right?

Edited by Kush123

only use the 2l/h and they are perfect for me. i would probably never need the bigger ones. believe me, its plenty, especially if you are using multiple per pot. 

also it makes sense to take the smaller ones, because then you can always use more than one, even with small plants/pots, which leads to more even saturation of the media. 

for example, i'm using 6-8 per plant in 12L fanroc pots atm. plants are in week 5 of veg and irrigation cycles are about 10-15min for 2x/day and 20-25min for 1x/day, so theres always a little run-off with every watering. i feel like those are nice numbers. easy to handle. 

What PCD's do you use?

I use ring feeders and was looking at measuring the flow and switching off the flow with solenoids to control the amount fed, ensuring always the same per pot. I've not seen this kind of dripper before. Pretty cool