Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brainwashedsheeple

back to dirt

hiya all, hope all is growing well in greenland for ya, have been using coco for a while now and am now wanting to go back to soil.

have just read on another thread about "blumats" and until earlier i had never heard of them, but they look like they would suit me.

can i use any feed with them? when i was in soil last time i used fishmix and loved it so would like to give that another try.

any advice/imput on them much appreciated.

thanks.

13 minutes ago, brainwashedsheeple said:

can i use any feed with them? when i was in soil last time i used fishmix and loved it so would like to give that another try.

I would like to do this but fishmix doesn't last well once mixed and will smell, I doubt it but it will be interesting to see if anyone has done it this way.

2 people like this

nobody using blumats? any advice on what feeds to use?

Tried the forum search function for ya mate. @brainwashedsheeple

Edited by Kipper420
1 person likes this

On 11/08/2019 at 11:54 AM, ratdog said:

I would like to do this but fishmix doesn't last well once mixed and will smell, I doubt it but it will be interesting to see if anyone has done it this way.

Didn't know this. I knock up feed but due container sizes often have half container of feed left which use on next water. Watering only ever 2 days apart maximum. Mixed with RO water, sealed until next use. Assume this is an acceptable time period to use it in (post mixing), certainly starts stinking couple days in. Certainly wouldn't want to spill it on the carpet :wassnnme: Learn something new every day here, thank you :) 

3 hours ago, Poisonata said:

Didn't know this. I knock up feed but due container sizes often have half container of feed left which use on next water. Watering only ever 2 days apart maximum. Mixed with RO water, sealed until next use. Assume this is an acceptable time period to use it in (post mixing), certainly starts stinking couple days in. Certainly wouldn't want to spill it on the carpet :wassnnme: Learn something new every day here, thank you :) 

You're letting the oxygen level deplete too dude.

3 hours ago, Poisonata said:

A couple of days doesn't seem to hurt mate, I'm a lazy bugger and don't like to waste feed so left over gets used but I try to gauge how much I need and mix accordingly. Yeah, you don't want this shit on the carpet lol

@Poisonata your good to use your leftover mixes but perhaps buy a little airpump to sit bubbling it until you need it.

The air will stop it going off plus it'll oxygenate it as a bonus for your girls. 

I don't use a res, but I'm guessing that bubbling it will change the ph.  Moving it around somehow might be better, never tried it though.

I'm listening. To you both. Been using RO water sat in containers for some time (week or two) prior to use. Pretty sure after whole process it's got little oxygen left in it to start with. Probably good advice :yep: but really had no issues, fabric pots ~20% perlite so root access to oxygen already catered for although more the better, agree. Academic really as next grow moving to tap water, my RO water from external source / involves effort collecting it else I'd just chuck any left over water after each feed. As I'm only few weeks from finishing bit loathed to change. Also Fish Mix & Bloom once opened have shelf life of ~12 months, likely not have used the 1 litre bottles by time this comes around - easier to throw excess water it in future.

On 11/08/2019 at 11:54 AM, ratdog said:

I would like to do this but fishmix doesn't last well once mixed and will smell

It smells far worse definitely after a couple of days, relate to that. What I'm interested in knowing is why it doesn't last once mixed :huh:

11 hours ago, Poisonata said:

It smells far worse definitely after a couple of days, relate to that. What I'm interested in knowing is why it doesn't last once mixed :huh:

Because it's organic and not chemical, so not stable after a while

1 person likes this

Blumats are water only. Not positive about salt based ferts, but organics will end up clogging the lines for sure.

The good thing about blumats is they only release water once the soil gets below a certain moisture level, so you could just top feed as normal and have them kick in when pots start to dry out.

Edited by Bubbles Depot
1 person likes this

Blumats and canna terra vega and Flores is a recipe for a win.

Have a look in the diary section the one called "the low maintenance way" by me. 

You cant use organics through the microbore pipe. Canna nutes work an absolute treat though 

nothing wrong with dirt loosen it up with some perlite + a tad of dewi`s the uncle + set the controls for the heart of the sun.  cracking stuff dirt i love it but these days i like clean finger nails. lol      good luck remember in dirt keep them moist not sodden + a bottle of tomorite will set them alight. :bong: