Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Budmaster66

What size pots for 3 plant 2400w scrog ?

30 posts in this topic

Hi again guys what size pot/fabric pot would you recommend for a 3 plant 2400w scrog my scrog screen will be 3ft by 10ft so veg will probably be 6-8 weeks I'm guessing and then 9 weeks of flower

im new to scrog so haven't really got anything to compare this too

im currently in 0.7 litre pots under a t5 light but I'm planning on moving them into the grow room this weekend but won't pot them up yet.

But will pot up in stages when I do 0.7 - 3.0 - 7.5 - 15 - final pot something like that 

large.image.jpeg

any my help will be much appreciated 

thanks 

40ltrs for finals with coco.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you are doing a 2400w grow then if done well you can attain 85oz+ with that amount of light. Thats nigh on 30oz per plant

You will need loads of topping/training to get anywhere near that and it will take ages in veg to get plants big enough

Not impossible but in my opinion a ball ache plus its like putting all your eggs in one basket. If one plant suffers for some reason then that's a lot of yield gone

You'd be far better using more plants but if you are intent on using just 3 then I'd be looking at maybe a 50 or 60 ltr pot at least

I once grew a 24oz plant but it was in a 90ltr pot

Owd

Edited by Owderb
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Im only using 3 as they was a freebie from my last order and to learn scrog I know it will take a lot of time but I'm happy to do this lol

how soon should I start the topping I know there small at the minute but I'm hoping a week or so under my mh bulbs they will start to grow a little faster 

i think ink I will go with the 60 litre fabric pots 

Edited by Owderb

Posted (edited)

I use Hempie Buckets and they go large yield wise.

21ltr bucket, an 18oz+ plant here.  Fully recommend Hempies Buckets when going large. 

Ive yielded close to 30 from a 90ltr Soil pot but these Hempies are super human when it comes to performing with coco coir and I only feed them every other day so I save big time on feed and man hours.

large.5c81956c811ea_3-_MG_7548.jpglarge.5c67424958e44_1-_MG_7253.jpg

Edited by Budelaire
13 people like this

Posted (edited)

Wow looks amazing I will look into them now I've never heard of them lol 

Edited by Owderb
1 person likes this

post-6338-1130511425.jpg

Heres my big plant. I grew it nigh on 20 years ago :)

It was in a 90ltr plastic res filled with seramis

Owd

9 people like this

Hand watering is very different to hempys and the way I grew my big one. Mine had a ring dripper round the base of the plant and also a reservoir so was full on hydro

If you want big plants full hydro is the way to go but like I said it takes time and effort plus any fuck ups usually costs you big time

Owd

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

heres an auto i grew back about 5 years ago in 7 litres of pound shop coco it was, colorado cookie plant dutch passion. the weight IDK i never weighed it :skin_up:

large.IMG-20190307-WA0010.jpg

she was over 10 i know that much.     :skin_up:   i had 4 of them under 1 x 400 dual spec. :yinyang:

Edited by thekingofobsolete
3 people like this

I love Hempies, I certainly don't know they work so well but they do. 

I can't see me being even able to grow any other way now due to being so neglectful at times lol  

I'm that shite, but they work for me when nothing else does at times.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Budelaire said:

I can't see me being even able to grow any other way now due to being so neglectful at times lol  

i need a bigger closet but hey we make do bach ennit........  give my love to wendy. :sly:

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Budelaire said:

I just did my first ever coco grow and did it 10L hempy style x4 and I think it probably saved me from effing it up :)

I attended the ladies everyday mostly but only feeding every other day 90% of the grow also. I am planning to try a SCROG with a single plant (or two) for my Autumn grow also. Roots were pretty good even on the smallest of the 4 I grew this time, but I think a bit of extra veg during training will help. I'll have to jump in your diary soon @Budelaire

Posted (edited)

i needed a smoke of biblical proportions a few years back and remembered how much they yielded - so tried coco ones vs fytocell and Lucas formula.

It takes the pressure off from daily watering/attending as they use the reservoir at the bottom 1st giving you 48 hours grace I've found, that alone is the reason I use them tbf. 

I feed every other day where they get about 10-14 litres of food to get runoff from these 21ltrs.  Daily feeding would be 7-10ltrs from memory vs the 5-7ltrs of every other day split?

They just seem like magic in coco to me haha and make for a more soil like time frame for the toker to get in sync with.

Edited by Budelaire
2 people like this

im only running coco as im able to now my sons clued up,ive taught him how to grow as im getting older now + sooner or later my backs gonna give up,he looked after my dope for 3 days last week fair play he done a good job,i was on the blower to him tho,god bless him my daughter would leave them die lol   god bless lerch. lol   but i will admit watering twice daily is a chore bach,reminds me i need a gallon af A + B im running low. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Get them Hempies made Captain!  They can sit in run off too mate so that help in small spaces, pump it out when it nears their holes.

Any size shape or whatever tub you want, my 1st was a 63ltr Heavy Duty Crate with 2 cuts in, did 14 oz + crapola so massive overkill really. 

They are as simple a bucket with an hole a fair way up the tub!

Bottom filled with a substrate, these was clay pebbles usually chunky perlite - the rest is as easy as watering them every other!  Even in the recent heat pal.

These are 5ltrs x 16 for 945w of light, 3 oz plants hopefully lol . They will be topped up and a layer of pebbles on top so me battering them every other will be fine. 

Job Done, definitely worth the faffing about to save stress of mr floppy later in life.

large.5d43611f36a75_MiniScroGPots.jpglarge.5d3ac69827b17_M.A.C-100Germination-Budelaire-9645.jpg

Edited by Budelaire
6 people like this