Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Auto gorilla

SMS controller

Afternoon all, right I’m after some help with a controller a friend gave me it’s a old unit but I can’t seem to figure it out for the life of me. 

I’m not sure if it matters which fan goes into which socket but I’ve plugged my carbon extraction into the bottom and my intake into the right hand side socket, they are not marked with anything and the tent has got negative pressure. 

Problem is both fans both seem to be running on very minimum even when the lights are on. I’ve set the dial to 26/27c and my external thermometer is reading 32 when lights come on but the fans do not kick onto full power ,which then the temps start to climb. I’ve had to just plug the fans directly into the wall and have them on full power constantly which is not ideal for when lights go off. 

Does anyone have experience with these as local shop said he’s not seen this unit and wants me to buy a new one. 

Thanks in advance. :yep:

Which one is it mate, a pic would be helpful.

Where are you putting the probe?

Sorry totally forgot to add the picture of it :rolleyes: it’s Friday and just got back home first doobie of the day. large.0CC01811-53C1-40B8-A11A-A8B8560ECD70.jpeg

4 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Which one is it mate, a pic would be helpful.

Where are you putting the probe?

I’ve attached the probe to my thermometer probe and place in the tent floor 

Just now, Auto gorilla said:

I’ve attached the probe to my thermometer probe and place in the tent floor 

You don't need to attach it to anything, do you? Perhaps that's why you are getting false readings? also, I would have it at canopy height.

1 person likes this

@ratdog I cable tied it to the thermometer just so I knew the temps where ever they were placed and I don’t have a canopy yet as there seedlings and in a dwc unit. I didn’t want to place on top of the unit as it would then be in direct light which I understand would give a false reading. 

Just now, Auto gorilla said:

@ratdog I cable tied it to the thermometer just so I knew the temps where ever they were placed and I don’t have a canopy yet as there seedlings and in a dwc unit. I didn’t want to place on top of the unit as it would then be in direct light which I understand would give a false reading. 

Ok, try turning the temp knob down and see it they fire up then.

I have a sms 4ap hybrid and only use one socket as with two I can't get negative pressure, I think a 5" fan with a filter on is about the same airflow as a 4" intake and I end up with smell escaping. You could try just the extract?

1 person likes this

I’ll give it a go only issue with that is when lights go off they wilL continue to run at full speed due to the temp being set lower. I’m using a 6inch extraction and 4inch intake. I can’t vent the air out the room that’s why I’m being fresh air into it. 

7 minutes ago, Auto gorilla said:

I’ll give it a go only issue with that is when lights go off they wilL continue to run at full speed due to the temp being set lower.

It shouldn't do mate, it will run at the temp of air coming in. But I only suggested it to see if it's working properly.

Sometimes mine gets a bit stuck and I have to twiddle the temp knob to bring the speed of the fans down, it's a bloody good bit of kit made by a good supplier.

1 person likes this

I’ll give it a go and turn it down slightly and see if it Powers them up. 

Have you heard of these units failing much? Friend did say it was working perfectly last time he used it around a year ago if this fails then think I’ll have to bite the bullet and buy a different unit. 

15 minutes ago, Auto gorilla said:

Have you heard of these units failing much?

Not one on here mate

1 person likes this