Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Higgi85

Ac unit

Hi there everyone hope is all good.1 big question when I got my AC unit on do I still need my extractor on ??

You need to filter your air?

1 hour ago, Higgi85 said:

Hi there everyone hope is all good.1 big question when I got my AC unit on do I still need my extractor on ??

yeh the extractor pull air through the filter stopping your gaff from stinking up.

1 person likes this

If you have AC, a dehumidifier and a source of CO2 you could setup a closed room - but you would still need to pass the air through a filter to scrub it.

yes, keep it running, good air exchange is paramount.

1 person likes this

One more question do you lads use a flushing agent or just straight ph tap water

thanks for the knowledge on last question much appreciated 

13 minutes ago, Higgi85 said:

One more question do you lads use a flushing agent or just straight ph tap water

thanks for the knowledge on last question much appreciated 

Plain tapwater, do not ph or use flushing agents...the object of flushing is to remove chemicals and feed from the plant, not introduce something else in it's place...:yep:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks mate much appreciated I’m using DWC in coco with liquid silicon canna aqua nutes and silver bullet is there any need to rhizotonic and  cannazym 1 more thing I’m thinking of turning my grow system into a recirculating system can I still use coco as my medium or switch to canna aqua clay pebbles thank you for your knowledge as well mate much appreciated 

Edited by Higgi85

Posted (edited)

@Higgi85 didn't realise you was in coco, stu's previous comment of not adjusting ph was aimed at your growing in soil as we don't ph in soil, in coco you do.  coco is essentially more like hydro as it's a neutral medium with no natural microherd.

I don't see why you couldn't run a recirculating system with coco, it just might prove a littel more tricky to get it dialled in, I'm a soil chap tho so I could be miles out lol 

Clay pebbles in a bucket do work very well, but be aware it will generate a lot more noise as you will need bubblers.

EDIT: how are you doing this exactly?

1 hour ago, Higgi85 said:

I’m using DWC in coco

Edited by unity
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Higgi85 said:

Thanks mate much appreciated I’m using DWC in coco with liquid silicon canna aqua nutes and silver bullet is there any need to rhizotonic and  cannazym 1 more thing I’m thinking of turning my grow system into a recirculating system can I still use coco as my medium or switch to canna aqua clay pebbles thank you for your knowledge as well mate much appreciated 

If you're in proper dwc bud it's already a circulating system, sounds to me you are in drain to waste...

I use clay pebbles in dwc as @unity says it can be more difficult to dial in coco due to its moisture retention

Flushing is pure non ph'd water...nowt else...:yep:

2 people like this

I’ve got a 200 litre flex tank gravity feeding my buckets there only one pipe pushing water in  there all joined to the flex I tank but not each other if that makes sense I would send you some pics but I have up trying to upload them I’m on a iPhone and can’t do it