Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mrevolve

Yield improvement with nutrient timers

Going to be installing my feed timer next cycle. So in the next few weeks, be setting up my pump system to be automated.

Has anyone seen a jump in their yield from this? I currently feed anywhere from twice daily to every other day. Depending on the amount.

Guidance on the subject also welcome!

iws-timer.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hey, I set mine to 15min intervals twice a cycle when they are young then up to 24hrs a day depending on their size. I'm running a wilma in pebbles think it depends on the system/medium for times. Definatky seen a high improvement from hand feeding though. 

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Northeastrobie said:

Hey, I set mine to 15min intervals twice a cycle when they are young then up to 24hrs a day depending on their size. I'm running a wilma in pebbles think it depends on the system/medium for times. Definatky seen a high improvement from hand feeding though. 

That's cool mate. How do you get rid of the pebbles when you're done? I used to struggle to get rid of them.

I have a drain to waste system. Would twice a day be enough? I feed from a 20Litre container

On 28/07/2019 at 8:48 AM, mrevolve said:

That's cool mate. How do you get rid of the pebbles when you're done? I used to struggle to get rid of them.

I have a drain to waste system. Would twice a day be enough? I feed from a 20Litre container

I tried to clean and reuse the first time.......dont do this lol. 

I'm lucky my pal has a place I can dump the pebbles never to see the light of day again. 

I'm not sure as my system is basically a William that constantly circulates the res water, usually one direction away from the under tank to a header tank that feeds back into the wilma and at the same time circulates up through the strippers to the plants mate.

1 person likes this

On 01/08/2019 at 10:40 PM, Northeastrobie said:

I tried to clean and reuse the first time.......dont do this lol. 

I'm lucky my pal has a place I can dump the pebbles never to see the light of day again. 

I'm not sure as my system is basically a William that constantly circulates the res water, usually one direction away from the under tank to a header tank that feeds back into the wilma and at the same time circulates up through the strippers to the plants mate.

My Mrs head me chuckling at your reply lol I had to read it out to her. I can imagine washing the pebbles. I tried to re-use them one too. I think my worst ever decision for a laugh was to re-moisten bud with steam then it got too wet and we set it alight in the microwave trying to dry it out LOL. I was seriously young though. Funny times!

Lucky having somewhere to dump them. I just throw the Coco, anywhere. Some large scale operations rott down and re-use their substrate! Imagine having space to do that.

12 hours ago, mrevolve said:

My Mrs head me chuckling at your reply lol I had to read it out to her. I can imagine washing the pebbles. I tried to re-use them one too. I think my worst ever decision for a laugh was to re-moisten bud with steam then it got too wet and we set it alight in the microwave trying to dry it out LOL. I was seriously young though. Funny times!

Lucky having somewhere to dump them. I just throw the Coco, anywhere. Some large scale operations rott down and re-use their substrate! Imagine having space to do that.

Haha done that to mate, over dried a grow tried to make it less harsh by wetting it up abit, glad I didnt think of the microwave I'd have burnt the place down ! Smoke was fecking awful like lol worse than over dried! 

I use them humidity regulator things a pal recommended during cure fantastic things.

Me pals just dump there waste in bins with no bother like, mine goes to a rural field buried forever, like to think some one will dig them up in a thousand years and think wtf happend hear Hahaha

they are easily washed out. a bath full of bleached water, overnight soak, scrub em and rinse them thru. then re-soak in 5.8 ph water before using them. ive used the same ones for about 4 years now.

6 people like this

oh some people make hard work of cleaning pebbles lol.

3 people like this

Never worked out how to scrub pebbles for sure!

1 person likes this

What's the deal with getting rid of the pebbles? 

i have about 300L of hydroton, some of it is over 10 years old. Cleaning it is a doddle.

On 04/08/2019 at 9:13 AM, Arshlay said:

What's the deal with getting rid of the pebbles? 

I think some of us never figured a way to clean them effectively and ended up with more root mass attached to them than pebbles to clean.

On 04/08/2019 at 10:44 AM, Geo said:

i have about 300L of hydroton, some of it is over 10 years old. Cleaning it is a doddle.

Blimey! That's some good going! You just throw the root ball?