Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The mole 42000

Dfg and greengold moldy already :(

122 posts in this topic

Not going well so far out of 20 plants I have 5 left and were hardly even into flower yet. Week 1, 2 at a push. Debating taking everything indoors where I can actually control things. This sort of takes the piss. The 5 I have left have rotten calyxes too so chance of mold is almost a guarentee. Can't win :/

1 person likes this

Were they under a cover or summin? Extra humidity? I had no rot last yr with those strains (although it was extremely dry) but none this yr so far

1 person likes this

oh shit, that's not good, worrying.

1 person likes this

I had a plot of green golds finish up nicley in the rain. I also had a plot of greengolds from the same packs turn to mush.

All comes down to your plot. Egss and baskets.

8 people like this

I've got two out. This is not great news. Thanks for heads up. I'll keep an eye out.....

2 people like this

DFG got moldy for me, although I did plant them fairly late and the buds were very dense. They are no serious 6 in the mold resistance stakes. 

1 person likes this

I'm just about to post my dfg that's got about 35 percent mold and wanted to ask advice whether to chop top buds down

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, diyleduk said:

I had a plot of green golds finish up nicley in the rain. I also had a plot of greengolds from the same packs turn to mush.

Exactly this,..  its all plot dependent , iv said this before it seems people are still putting the plants out way early as unless auto's plants should not be finished this early end of august is the earliest for semi auto's , putting plants out early or in the wrong kind of damp plot causes no end of problems,.. 

that's why I always tell people plant out from mid may onwards up until July so it give you those eggs in baskets and a mixture of finishing dates spread over multiple plots ,.. that is the key to a successful harvest in this unpredicted UK weather.

12 people like this

1 hour ago, panik said:

Exactly this,..  its all plot dependent , iv said this before it seems people are still putting the plants out way early as unless auto's plants should not be finished this early end of august is the earliest for semi auto's , putting plants out early or in the wrong kind of damp plot causes no end of problems,.. 

that's why I always tell people plant out from mid may onwards up until July so it give you those eggs in baskets and a mixture of finishing dates spread over multiple plots ,.. that is the key to a successful harvest in this unpredicted UK weather.

Fair play man I've learnt my lesson but hey I got 12 main colas and about 4 or 5 had rot so still looking good considering the high RH.

My two later plant outs are into flower the d.f.g is 6 ft now so will be extremely happy when that's ready for harvest

4 people like this

On 23/07/2019 at 1:05 PM, ocb said:

Were they under a cover or summin? Extra humidity? I had no rot last yr with those strains (although it was extremely dry) but none this yr so far

All outside in an open space mate spaced over 1m apart :/ 

On 23/07/2019 at 2:33 PM, diyleduk said:

None of my other strains have been effected to I guess its just that plot. Oh well keep chopping it out I guess lol

On 24/07/2019 at 7:57 AM, panik said:

These are around 1 week 2 tops into flower. No compact buds just hairs. Probably little buds by now. I'll check them in a minute :) can't remember exactly when I put them out I'll have to check my grow diary 

I think breeders should admit their genetics aint all that, and get back to work, instead of blaming fellow growers plots! :mellow:

2 people like this

shots fired! :toot:

2 people like this

18 hours ago, cumbriangreen said:

I think breeders should admit their genetics aint all that, and get back to work, instead of blaming fellow growers plots! :mellow:

I’m not blaming anyone’s plots just stating the obvious from experience mate , not many breeders out there that’s done exactly what people buying there seeds are trying to replicate, ie guerrilla grow..  but as I said this games about eggs in baskets it’s not indoor we’re you as the grower control the environment, 

if your growing in a plot in wet walses or scotland next to water with water with a low lying mist or it’s rained more times this year than normal, it’s not so say the genetics are shit but more than likely you’ve chosen a not so favourable plot or the weather hasn’t played ball for you , 

a lot of guys who have brought my seeds send send me pictures regularly and I look beyond the plants at surrounding vegetation an see there growing in grassy spot that are no good with acidic soil and tend to create low lying mist come end August September or growing in amongst trees etc so no full days sun and and also shit soil , 

always easy to blame others for your shit choice of plots or how the weather has turned but it is what it is , eggs in baskets spread ya bet , we never have a problem doing it ... :smokin:

13 people like this